U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 11:50 PM

621 posts, read 381,929 times

Advertisements

^^^
I respect your views and opinions. But the question is does all agree to it? I don't think you have been able to explore Cebu Prov quite well yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 05:22 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,149,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
^^^
I respect your views and opinions. But the question is does all agree to it? I don't think you have been able to explore Cebu Prov quite well yet.
It's true, I haven't been to everywhere throughout Cebu, mostly because of poor touristic infrastructure...it simply isn't that easy or all that interesting to explore all of Cebu Island. None of the towns I went through really called out to me at all. I recalled Bogo City somewhat repelled me, actually. It's true I didn't explore every corner of Cebu province, but what I did see, didn't really strike me as that interesting.

Reason #2 is I find other islands more interesting - i.e. Camigiun, Bantayan, Mindoro, Bohol/Panglou, etc.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:47 AM

4,509 posts, read 3,094,486 times
Bali is successful because it retained the culture of the majapahit and flies the flag of garuda.

No one wants to go to aceh or Mindanao where have people getting lashed for having adultery or getting their heads chopped off by jihadis or an area run by papists with no separation of church and state...and don't forget left wing communists

Indonesian is whipped 100 times for sex outside marriage | Daily Mail Online

German hostage 'beheaded' by terror group Abu Sayyaf in the Philippines

Old 04-17-2017, 06:57 PM

6,056 posts, read 10,841,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
THere are tons of beautiful beaches throughout Philippines and Indonesia...everywhere.

The issue is tourist infrastructure. Thailand and Bali have fantastic tourist infrastructure that makes them very easily accessible.

As a person who has spent a lot time in the Philippines, as you take ferries, you constantly see gorgeous beaches, and nothing on the map for them....there are also tons of 'the next Boracay' throughout the Philippines...implying that people are speculating people will someday go there, but same issues apply...or often times in the Philippines the gorgeous beaches are all bought up by developers into private-property and you can only access it through the hotel or developer. All kinds of issues...but they definitely have tons and tons of gorgeous beaches in the PHilippines and Indonesia....so much so that when I see photos of Tahiti or Bora-Bora or some other expensive beach paradise....my first thought is you can see the same thing throughout the PHilippines for a fraction of the price....they are just not easy to get to....

In short...Thailand just does it best with tourist infrastructure and economies-of-scale....Bali as well.
Sounds as if accessibility, and touristic infrastructure are sole causes of truly finding out these gems. I wonder which one has more superior nightlife? Indonesia or the Philippines? Beaches with those resources are ideal to combine the best with all types of Worlds. Bali Island always has pictures rummaging through the World Wide Web records:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bali...RjX_RVeG4AwP-M

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-d0TWN-E7ve...+nightlife.jpg

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me.../b4/shisha.jpg

Java Island Next Door: https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me...hisha-cafe.jpg

Woah! Impressive. I now select Indonesia beaches exactly for these nightlife bars of everyone’s dreams.

Making Bali Island feel attractive for the urbanity, and trendy World Class comfortable unique atmosphere vibes. Even more inviting, and classy than Thailand beach bars. Those conservative cultures aren’t negatively affecting support of those business landmarks to Indonesian beaches.

Old 04-18-2017, 01:24 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,149,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
I wonder which one has more superior nightlife? Indonesia or the Philippines?
Jakarta, Manila and Bali all have fantastic nightlife.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:05 AM

4,509 posts, read 3,094,486 times
to hell with nightlife

need better living standard, infrastructure, and a secular democratic government.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:06 PM

23 posts, read 19,866 times
Indonesia is more developed, it scored higher in education, healthcare, infrastructure and HDI.

How is life compared is absolutely subjective among people around the worlds, let see another OBJECTIVE coverage:

• Stage of Development Economies
Singapore: Stage 3 (Innovation Driven Economies)
Malaysia : Transition from Stage 2 to Stage 3
Indonesia & Thailand: Stage 2 (Efficiency Driven Economies)
Philippines and Vietnam: Transition from Stage 1 to Stage 2
Cambodia-Laos-Myanmar: Stage 1
source: Global Competitiveness Report 2015-2016 - Reports - World Economic Forum

• Global Competitiveness Index (This one is the strongest data because consist of 12th Pillar from Institution, Infastructure, Macroeconomic environment, Education, Market efficiency, Technology, Bussiness and Inovation).
Malaysia 18th
Thailand 32th
Indonesia 37th
Philippines 47th
Vietnam 56th
source: http://reports.weforum.org/global-co...ness-rankings/

• This is another additional data that still not yet cover by GCI:
o Data of Investment and FDI
• Foreign Direct Investment (Higher amount means this country investment environment & facility much safer, better, stabile than the others with lower amount, and the higher amounts mean this country being based of international company and corporation):
o Singapore (Rank 11 in World) $981 billion
o Indonesia (25th) $279 B
o Thailand(27th) $219 B
o Malaysia(33rd) $166 B
o Vietnam(46th) $100 B
o Philippines(59th) $58 B
source : Central Intelligence Agency

Again, this ranking shows Indonesia and Philippines ranking gap is far between another.
• Market capitalization stock exchange (That means amount of all bussiness that happen in each country, bigger amount mean massive economies). This is data is 2015:
o Singapore $639 B
o Malaysia $382 B
o Indonesia $353 B
o Thailand $348 B
o Philippines $238 B
o Vietnam $50 B
Source: Market capitalization of listed domestic companies (current US$)
o But, according to some data in 2016, Indonesia market capitalization already surpassed Malaysia since July 2016 with market caps. $427 Billion followed by Malaysia $402 B, Thailand $400 B and Philippines $285 B.
Source: IDX records all-time high market capitalization ahead of tax amnesty

So, all of this i can delivered to you. In conclusion i should say, the economies in ASEAN:
Indonesia and Philippines economy is not at par with same stage for combination of all economic data.

The condition of Philippines Infarstructure just so far lagged behind Indonesia for sure.

GLOBAL COMPETITIVENESS INDEX 2016

- Quality of railroad infrastructure (Trains):

Indonesia 43rd
Philippines 84th

http://reports.weforum.org/global-co...d=EOSQrailroad

- Quality of air transport infrastructure (Airports):

Indonesia 66th
Philipines 98th

http://reports.weforum.org/global-co...Id=GCI.A.02.01

-Transport Infrastructure (Overall):

Indonesia 39th
Philippines 81th

htpp://reports.weforum.org/global-co...Id=GCI.A.02.01

The condition of overall transport infrastructure between Indonesia-Philippines has a really huge gap for more than 40 place (39 with 81). We can see from this ranking.

Interesting news about indonesia development.
Governments development plan running on right track – Indonesia News Gazette

Old 07-01-2017, 06:49 AM

22,119 posts, read 23,642,005 times
Indonesia has been on a better path than the Philippines for the last decade and even more so now, both still have some severe issues.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 07-01-2017 at 06:58 AM..

Old 07-01-2017, 05:00 PM

23 posts, read 19,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Sounds as if accessibility, and touristic infrastructure are sole causes of truly finding out these gems. I wonder which one has more superior nightlife? Indonesia or the Philippines? Beaches with those resources are ideal to combine the best with all types of Worlds. Bali Island always has pictures rummaging through the World Wide Web records:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bali...RjX_RVeG4AwP-M

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-d0TWN-E7ve...+nightlife.jpg

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me.../b4/shisha.jpg

Java Island Next Door: https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me...hisha-cafe.jpg

Woah! Impressive. I now select Indonesia beaches exactly for these nightlife bars of everyone’s dreams.

Making Bali Island feel attractive for the urbanity, and trendy World Class comfortable unique atmosphere vibes. Even more inviting, and classy than Thailand beach bars. Those conservative cultures aren’t negatively affecting support of those business landmarks to Indonesian beaches.
i'll choose Jakarta, bandung and Bali. Jakarta nightlife is Crazzzzzy AF who make's ZOUK Singapore forgettable place. last year i've been to massive annually event "South East Asia EDM Festival in Jakarta, the line up is full of international DJ. this EDM Festival flooding by Malaysian,japanese and australian. for some nightclub in jakarta quite nice tho, but for night club i will choose bali and for some good looking bitchess in bandung.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:17 PM

478 posts, read 189,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Where did you get the figures of Phils only having 2 million tourists? As far as I know Koreans alone can number to almost 2 millions.
I don't understand why almost many filipinos are so proud because koreans visit and live their country, even in indonesia, thailand and malaysia are piled up by foreigners in their country, never claim about it.can you try go to bali (indonesia) or see on youtube "BALI" feel province like multirace of people, you can feel in yourself. So many foreigners mainly come from american, europe, japan,australia,singapore,taiwan etc. or in thailand (phuket / bangkok) many foreigners too. I will have future plans to visit philipines , I imagine the country is looks like Indonesia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or