U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 08:45 AM

11,438 posts, read 6,412,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmodeb View Post
Indonesia is better now.

Their government is planning to stop exporting workers to other countries. Maybe wage in Indonesia has become better, lessen the incentive for Indonesians to work overseas for better wage.

Indonesia also has Bali which is more popular as an international travel destination than the Phillippines.
This is the most important part. If you pay them, and they will come (well...stay in this case). Fwiw, Indonesian cities look much nicer than Filipino cities. As long as these two countries focus on improving the average wages, I think they will have a lot of success
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 10:46 PM

621 posts, read 383,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
This is the most important part. If you pay them, and they will come (well...stay in this case). Fwiw, Indonesian cities look much nicer than Filipino cities. As long as these two countries focus on improving the average wages, I think they will have a lot of success
In what way did you say Indonesian cities looks much nicer than Philippine cities? Much of us wont agree to that. Do more research and you'll see it is otherwise.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:00 AM

11,438 posts, read 6,412,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
In what way did you say Indonesian cities looks much nicer than Philippine cities? Much of us wont agree to that. Do more research and you'll see it is otherwise.
The difference is not that big, but looking on Google Street Views it seems like Indonesian cities are greener, less crowded, and have better looking upper class areas. It's a small difference really

Old 08-27-2017, 11:12 PM

Oh really? mine eyes says otherwise when I look Google Earth or Steet View. Ill try again to look several times.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:14 AM

3,339 posts, read 2,080,909 times
this is how bad the infrastructure of the Philippines is: started 666 kms from the North traveling to Manila at around 2pm. arrived in Pasig/Makati area by 4am and the traffic is already horrible.

granted I took my time driving, stopping/resting and/or eating..the road is not horrible but 2-way road just not cut it.

making it 4-way lanes would be heaven sent and would open the provinces in the North to more tourists

Old 08-29-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
this is how bad the infrastructure of the Philippines is: started 666 kms from the North traveling to Manila at around 2pm. arrived in Pasig/Makati area by 4am and the traffic is already horrible.

granted I took my time driving, stopping/resting and/or eating..the road is not horrible but 2-way road just not cut it.

making it 4-way lanes would be heaven sent and would open the provinces in the North to more tourists
Did you not use the more convenient expressways? Afaik TPLEX, SCTEC and NLEX are not only 2 lanes. They run average 4 to 10 lanes depending on which part you are in. In fact NLEX approaching Bocaue has a whooping 16 lanes or more. Now where can you find that anywhere in the world? You can only count cities with those number of lanes. Not every city even first world cities have that. Also McArthur or Maharlika highway are typically 4 lanes except on areas with very few population.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Did you not use the more convenient expressways? Afaik TPLEX, SCTEC and NLEX are not only 2 lanes. They run average 4 to 10 lanes depending on which part you are in. In fact NLEX approaching Bocaue has a whooping 16 lanes or more. Now where can you find that anywhere in the world? You can only count cities with those number of lanes. Not every city even first world cities have that. Also McArthur or Maharlika highway are typically 4 lanes except on areas with very few population.
didn't matter. its midnight so traffic is negligible. its in Metro Manila and the 2-way highway after Tarlac that needs to be expanded.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:31 PM

I dont see any issue driving a 2 lane highway at all especially if there's no traffic unless the highway is full of potholes and humps and damages.

Although I agree and wish that highways in the Phils are 4 lanes at least even in the remotest areas.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I dont see any issue driving a 2 lane highway at all especially if there's no traffic unless the highway is full of potholes and humps and damages.

Although I agree and wish that highways in the Phils are 4 lanes at least even in the remotest areas.
try driving during daytime or even early morning (4am) till 10pm on those 2-lane highways following 5 trucks/mini buses chugging along at 20kph

Old 09-01-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
try driving during daytime or even early morning (4am) till 10pm on those 2-lane highways following 5 trucks/mini buses chugging along at 20kph
Ah I see. But there's TPLEx right or which part were you coming from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or