U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 07:16 AM

621 posts, read 383,013 times

Advertisements

Here's the links for the list of airports on both countries.

Philippines.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...he_Philippines

Indonesia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...s_in_Indonesia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 07:29 AM

13 posts, read 5,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Here's the links for the list of airports on both countries.
Have you visited Indonesia? I'm sure you haven't. You won't dare to argue about airports once you set your foot in theirs. NAIA isn't on the same level of Jakarta's Soekarno Hatta International Airport, esp the new Terminal 3. Indonesia's other main airports like Bali's Ngurah Rai, Medan's Kuala Namu, Balikpapan's Sepinggan, etc are all new and undoubtedly very comfortable, unlike overly crowded Philippines' airports.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erran View Post
Have you visited Indonesia? I'm sure you haven't. You won't dare to argue about airports once you set your foot in theirs. NAIA isn't on the same level of Jakarta's Soekarno Hatta International Airport, esp the new Terminal 3. Indonesia's other main airports like Bali's Ngurah Rai, Medan's Kuala Namu, Balikpapan's Sepinggan, etc are all new and undoubtedly very comfortable, unlike overly crowded Philippines' airports.
I have not been there. Same as I believe you have not been to Manila or Philippines? Not on the same level? I understand that NAIA maybe unpopular because of people trying to paint bad reputation on it but it isn't bad as it is. And that sweeping statement not the same level is purely unabated arrogance and self-claim. I quite agree in general airports in Indonesia are a little better but not to the point of saying not on the same level. Remember? we have so many airport improvements and construction goin on.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
I have not been there. Same as I believe you have not been to Manila or Philippines? Not on the same level? I understand that NAIA maybe unpopular because of people trying to paint bad reputation on it but it isn't bad as it is. And that sweeping statement not the same level is purely unabated arrogance and self-claim. I quite agree in general airports in Indonesia are a little better but not to the point of saying not on the same level. Remember? we have so many airport improvements and construction goin on.
Nah you don't know me. I've visited the Philippines few times, landed on NAIA terminal 2 and shocked how crowded it was. Not a surprise it is branded as one of the worst major airport in Asia.

The problem with you is you never visit other countries to really compare the real condition between them and the Philippines.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Nah you don't know me. I've visited the Philippines few times, landed on NAIA terminal 2 and shocked how crowded it was. Not a surprise it is branded as one of the worst major airport in Asia.

The problem with you is you never visit other countries to really compare the real condition between them and the Philippines.
Oh I have never been to Jakarta but certainly had been to NAIA several times. You are over the top to say that it is crowded because it isn't when I was there several times. You are nitpicking Terminal 2 when in fact NAIA have 4 Terminals and terminal 2 being not as bad as you paint it. You are selectively trying to put down NAIA because of one terminal. Why not nitpick Terminal 3 instead as it is the one that caters to domestic flights and can go overcrowded at times. In fact, it is Terminal 3 that made NAIA included in the list of worst airports. Isn't it selective survey, you put the whole airport on a list just because one terminal isn't that good? They should have at least tagged it as one of the worst terminals rather than worst airport.

But anyway, moving on, NAIA is no longer on the list. And the good thing 4 Philippine airport made it to the Top 25 in Asia compared to 2 in Indonesia.

https://www.rappler.com/business/185...orts-list-asia

Old 10-23-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Oh I have never been to Jakarta but certainly had been to NAIA several times. You are over the top to say that it is crowded because it isn't when I was there several times. You are nitpicking Terminal 2 when in fact NAIA have 4 Terminals and terminal 2 being not as bad as you paint it. You are selectively trying to put down NAIA because of one terminal. Why not nitpick Terminal 3 instead as it is the one that caters to domestic flights and can go overcrowded at times. In fact, it is Terminal 3 that made NAIA included in the list of worst airports. Isn't it selective survey, you put the whole airport on a list just because one terminal isn't that good? They should have at least tagged it as one of the worst terminals rather than worst airport.

But anyway, moving on, NAIA is no longer on the list. And the good thing 4 Philippine airport made it to the Top 25 in Asia compared to 2 in Indonesia.
About the sleeping-in-airports ranking, you can give any points you want in their website. No big deal ...
Take skytrax ranking which is currently one the most prestigious and trusted,

The World's Top 100 Airports - 2017
1. Singapore Changi
34. Kuala Lumpur Airport
38. Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
44. Soekarno-Hatta Airport

There's no Philippine airports in the top 100.

Trying to put NAIA down? You can read passengers review about NAIA here
Tell me, do I try to deceive or mere telling the truth based on my own experience?

As someone said before, Philippines indeed one of the most advanced country in the region decades ago. But one by one was overtaken by neighbors. And now, it's not Indonesia you shall be worrying about. It's Vietnam that plays catch-up with Philippines.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:52 PM

It's unhealthy to brag about who's better. Let's just share our development ...

This is the next big airport in the making, Kertajati International Airport, West Java

progress

Old 10-25-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
About the sleeping-in-airports ranking, you can give any points you want in their website. No big deal ...
Take skytrax ranking which is currently one the most prestigious and trusted,

The World's Top 100 Airports - 2017
1. Singapore Changi
34. Kuala Lumpur Airport
38. Bangkok Suvarnabhumi
44. Soekarno-Hatta Airport

There's no Philippine airports in the top 100.

Trying to put NAIA down? You can read passengers review about NAIA here
Tell me, do I try to deceive or mere telling the truth based on my own experience?

As someone said before, Philippines indeed one of the most advanced country in the region decades ago. But one by one was overtaken by neighbors. And now, it's not Indonesia you shall be worrying about. It's Vietnam that plays catch-up with Philippines.

Based on what I see online, indeed Jakarta Terminal 3 indeed looks spacious and neat but I dont get the hype of it being so great to brag about. The design although incorporates your batik culture, still looks sketchy to me sort of trying hard to be international thing. This probably stems out from the idea that while your T3 looks pretty decent, your old termninals 1 and 2 looks somewhat narrrow, old and provincial looking. Unlike in the case of NAIA, where although it may need to, I agree somehow, to level up its design and system to compete with international airports like Changi or Incheon at least the design and vibe of all terminals 1,2,3 and 4 are somehow close to each other, not so old and provincial and not so overly done and fancy but decent all throughout. Its like comparing a place with a high-end area in the midst of a suburban location and a place with decent neighborhood all throughout.

Lets just see by the way who will play the catching up in the years to come.

Yeah we can share the devt happening in our places why not.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:29 AM

Let me begin with the current Mactan International Airport T2 expansion in Cebu.

source: Integrated Design Associates Ltd. | Architectural design firm with integrated approach.

IDA HK[

source: @CDN

source: IG @markenyo

source: @gibbygraphy and @vatics of SSC-Cebu

source: posted in @Cebu Ni Bai FB

source: @MCIA FB

Old 10-25-2017, 08:02 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,169,523 times
Quote:
NAIA, as an airport, is fine. Tons of great restaurants in there.

It's no more crowded than anywhere else.

The downside is the taxi touts outside of the terminal, but the airport itself is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or