U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 05:56 PM

6,578 posts, read 3,632,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
that had been fixed I think. so now, as long as you don't have illegal in your baggage, I submit you don't have a problem with the airport customs, immigration and police.

it is outside that's the problem. the accredited taxis have scumbags in their midst and these are the problems.
As been said it has only been little over a year. Getting old jeepneys off of the roads seems to be the current priority
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 06:04 PM

621 posts, read 382,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
As been said it has only been little over a year. Getting old jeepneys off of the roads seems to be the current priority
Right, its about time to modernize and standardize the PUVs in the Phils. The traditional jeepneys are fit to be in the museum and as personal vehicle already IMO. Good thing the current administration is pushing this inititiative. We'll see in the next months to come what would happen with all the deliberations and those days that classes has to be suspended just because of this.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:49 PM

478 posts, read 189,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erran View Post
Development of modern integrated city of Meikarta, Cikarang, West Java

progress

Orange County:

Courtesy of @nurcahyaswastika

Meikarta:

Courtesy of @nurcahyaswastika

Courtesy of @gitafitriadewi

Courtesy of @pramramon

Courtesy of @atung_rocksiders045
Meikarta is well worth a business city and can be regarded as the most complete city in southeast asia, it is a city built in strategic area especially between jakarta and bandung and close to foreign companies especially japan, korea, china, singapore etc. but many say 80% of residents of meikarta city is chinese indo? I hope it does not happen indeed considering the area of lippo cikarang the majority of the people there are chinese indo , i want meikarta look a like jakarta multi ethnic people from javanese, , betawi, chinese,sundanese,ambonese, menadonese, bataknese,minangnese etc.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:00 PM

478 posts, read 189,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
With how your semantics are structured you seem to be bittergourd with Phils and Manila. No wonder.

A poor system can be changed faster than poor infrastructure which can take years.

Check this video about NAIAs improvements, you got more riding options, more orderly private & normal taxis and UBE premium buses now:

https://youtu.be/r_g4KmxM2N0
Ahh neMarL ,I watching your vidio, Sorry I have to say Soekarno Hatta Ultimate 3 Airport is much nicer ,modern and integrated , maybe this time Manila is building a Airport better,* but sorry for not be compared with Jakarta

JAKARTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRIBgvguBns

Old 10-27-2017, 08:45 AM

23 posts, read 19,877 times
: smack:

Traffic is so bad in Manila workers are moving into dorms
source : link

Quote:

Ayala Land Inc., which built Manila’s financial district, is expanding into workers’ dormitories as developers target people fed up with battling some of the world’s worst traffic.

The company is investing 3 billion pesos ($58 million) building five dormitories on four sites in the Makati and Taguig business districts, comprising 1,500 units that can house as many as 6,000 people, President Bobby Dy said in an interview. The first dormitory will be ready next year, and has received interest from firms wanting to lease entire floors to keep workers close, he said.

“It caters to a segment of the market who would want to stay close to their place of work to improve their productivity and their quality of life,” Dy said. “There’s really a need for this kind of product if you look at the commute times in the last couple of years.”

Metro Manila was voted the world’s worst city to drive in, according to Waze Inc.’s 2015 driver satisfaction index and congestion costs the economy about 2.4 billion pesos a day. President Rodrigo Duterte’s administration is embarking on a $170 billion infrastructure program that will include adding 1,900 kilometers of railway in a bid to ease traffic gridlock.

The move into dormitories could also help Ayala Land meet its target to get half of revenue from recurring earnings by 2020. The builder is leaning on its track record of developing high-end properties to compete with SM Investments Corp., which has already moved into developing dormitories.

Ayala Land will likely look to build dormitories in other cities where the company has estates, Dy said.

“The first mover in dormitories will capture the biggest share of a growing and promising market,” said Rachelle Cruz, analyst at AP Securities Inc. “It’s a new strategic area for property companies seeking recurring income.”

Dormitory venture

SM Investments, owned by billionaire Henry Sy, has bought a majority stake in Philippine Urban Living Solutions Inc., which in 2016 opened its largest dormitory project called MyTown New York with 653 beds. The dormitory builder, whose initial shareholders include Franklin Templeton Investments, is expected to have 12 dormitories operating in the next 12 months, up from three now.

Dormitory-style accommodation, or so-called co-living, is also taking off in other Asian cities such as Hong Kong, where stratospheric housing costs are pricing young people out of the property market.

“Dormitories could generate the same return as an office building,” said Jan Paul Custodio, senior director at property consultant Santos Knight Frank. “It’s like a budget hotel with year-round occupancy and charging by the head.”

Ayala is on track to more than double its mall space to 3 million square meters by 2020, from 1.2 million at the end of 2013, Dy said in the interview. Office space is on target to triple to 1.5 million square meters and hotel rooms to 6,000, he said.

Shares of Ayala Land have risen 34 percent this year, outpacing the 21 percent gain in the Philippines’ benchmark stock index.

This year, the company has also ventured into serviced offices or co-working spaces for freelancers and startup ventures to help boost recurring earnings.

“As the Philippines enters a demographic sweet spot, there will be increased urbanization,” Dy said. “There’s going to be more workers and that will continue to make cities attractive. The demand for this kind of product will not disappear even with an improvement in infrastructure.”

Old 10-27-2017, 08:58 AM

22,123 posts, read 23,642,005 times
Isn’t traffic in Jakarta pretty awful? I’m not saying it’s better or worse than Manila’s, but I don’t think there’s a lot to brag about on the traffic and mass transit infrastructure for either city at this point.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:04 AM

23 posts, read 19,877 times
^^ at least jakarta have that BRT.. so you can go everywhere without die on your own car or taxi like what was happen to me when i visited manila on november 2016. shiiittttt happen..

Old 10-27-2017, 11:59 AM

22,123 posts, read 23,642,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejojo View Post
^^ at least jakarta have that BRT.. so you can go everywhere without die on your own car or taxi like what was happen to me when i visited manila on november 2016. shiiittttt happen..
Sure, and Manila has some rapid transit rail lines. All of these for both cities is nice but woefully inadequate. Traffic is awful in both and this isnít so much a contest about which one is good but more which one is less awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or