U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-07-2017, 10:54 AM
 
6,056 posts, read 10,841,175 times
Reputation: 3063

Advertisements

Of Expression

Thousands of islands in each nation, and remarkably similar outside of the religious spiritual demographics. Around 17,508 to 18,306 islands technically for Indonesia. Significantly more of those than the Philippines total of 7,107 islands. Without a doubt, they have receiving emerging honorary titles to the tourism evolution. More people are wanting to travel there. Focusing on exactly why these republics are getting more attention lately for modern times. Offer to us various articles telling the entire story of the full background around the improving infrastructure of the Philippines or Indonesia. I believe the latter Is flowing more smoothly to high maximum potential of a well rounded nation. Less problems and Indonesia literally doesn’t have to deal with any of those chronic hurricanes always negatively affecting the Philippines every year. Modernizing more quickly, including for technology, and the thriving urban activity of the major cities. Especially on Java Island.

Sustainable Ecological Architecture is more ubiquitous around Indonesia compared to the Philippines: How Green Buildings are Advancing Indonesia's Progress | Housing Solutions in Asia Pacific | Panasonic Newsroom Global Article Reference, May 19, 2016
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2017, 01:51 PM
 
351 posts, read 550,425 times
Reputation: 340
I came across this article a few days ago. Apparently Indonesia has surpassed the Philippines.
Forbes Welcome
Title of the article is "How Indonesians Became Richer than Filipinos"

The hurricanes really are a problem for the Philippines, and it's earthquake prone too. But has its infrastructure improved? No rail outside Manila and the rail transit there seems to be a mess according to what I read. People used to tout Cebu City as a place with the amenities of Manila but without all Manila's problems, but it seems that congestion and such in Cebu City is just as bad as in Manila now, which has only gotten worst. Cebu City could use rail.


Both countries have a lot to offer tourists so that they ought to be on tourists radar more often. I have yet to go to Indonesia, but Philippines has a lot of structural problems in their government and economy that holds them back from developing more tourism -- probably holds back other economic growth too. But I hope the high growth rates that both countries experienced in recent years continues.


If they can solve the problems with insurgencies there is a lot of potential on Mindanao, plus it doesn't get the hurricanes that the northern islands get.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2017, 01:03 AM
 
55 posts, read 32,936 times
Reputation: 15
Indonesia is better now.


Their government is planning to stop exporting workers to other countries. Maybe wage in Indonesia has become better, lessen the incentive for Indonesians to work overseas for better wage.


Indonesia also has Bali which is more popular as an international travel destination than the Phillippines.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2017, 12:46 AM
 
6,056 posts, read 10,841,175 times
Reputation: 3063
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
I came across this article a few days ago. Apparently Indonesia has surpassed the Philippines.
Forbes Welcome
Title of the article is "How Indonesians Became Richer than Filipinos"

The hurricanes really are a problem for the Philippines, and it's earthquake prone too. But has its infrastructure improved? No rail outside Manila and the rail transit there seems to be a mess according to what I read. People used to tout Cebu City as a place with the amenities of Manila but without all Manila's problems, but it seems that congestion and such in Cebu City is just as bad as in Manila now, which has only gotten worst. Cebu City could use rail.


Both countries have a lot to offer tourists so that they ought to be on tourists radar more often. I have yet to go to Indonesia, but Philippines has a lot of structural problems in their government and economy that holds them back from developing more tourism -- probably holds back other economic growth too. But I hope the high growth rates that both countries experienced in recent years continues.


If they can solve the problems with insurgencies there is a lot of potential on Mindanao, plus it doesn't get the hurricanes that the northern islands get.
Thousands of islands and occasionally some similarities to how these countries connect. Although, is education able to further improve the situation of the Philippines to practical tangible results a few years out? Ironically, all of the bureaucracy is able to cause tons of clutter to the schooling system. Almost everyone I know in the USA genuinely feel their own paid work opportunity availability is experiencing significant delays after going to community college for one example. Not enough people benefiting. Having to fulfill more simple pathways within every student’s reach. Maybe a universal problem on this Planet Earth area to fail giving these offerings to some venues of academia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmodeb View Post
Indonesia is better now.


Their government is planning to stop exporting workers to other countries. Maybe wage in Indonesia has become better, lessen the incentive for Indonesians to work overseas for better wage.


Indonesia also has Bali which is more popular as an international travel destination than the Phillippines.
Indonesia is encompassing highly diversifying culture. Are you only referring to Java Island where a majority of the inhabitants are, or every island of the nation?

Ironic Bali gets more notorious acclaim than Java. Are there reasons why there is this discrepancy of attention? What is happening around Bali that is not inherent in the other island nearby?

Around 141 million people minimal live on Java Island. Maybe up to 145 million people. Adjacent to 57%-60% of Indonesia’s amount of people. According to some measures, number one high density island of population inhabitants.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuuNWqs_0iw
https://www.quora.com/Indonesia-Why-...nesian-islands
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2017, 05:07 AM
 
621 posts, read 382,154 times
Reputation: 145
I dont think so currently Phils is still better in infrastructure and most indicators including economic growth. But let's see after decades to go.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2017, 05:32 AM
 
621 posts, read 382,154 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmodeb View Post
Indonesia is better now.


Their government is planning to stop exporting workers to other countries. Maybe wage in Indonesia has become better, lessen the incentive for Indonesians to work overseas for better wage.


Indonesia also has Bali which is more popular as an international travel destination than the Phillippines.
What do you mean Bali better than the Phils? Boracay alone has been consistently on the top list of beach destinations in the world. While the pristine Palawan has been top of the list for 2 consecutive years for Conde Naste. Even Cebu is above Bali.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2017, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,422 posts, read 12,412,038 times
Reputation: 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
What do you mean Bali better than the Phils? Boracay alone has been consistently on the top list of beach destinations in the world. While the pristine Palawan has been top of the list for 2 consecutive years for Conde Naste. Even Cebu is above Bali.
Bali alone got 5 million tourists in 2016, the entire Phillipines only 2 million more.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2017, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,509 posts, read 3,094,486 times
Reputation: 3355
if southeast asia was smart, they would return to their majapahit roots, unite, and secularize; they would extremely be prosperous.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2017, 05:58 AM
 
621 posts, read 382,154 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Bali alone got 5 million tourists in 2016, the entire Phillipines only 2 million more.
Where did you get the figures of Phils only having 2 million tourists? As far as I know Koreans alone can number to almost 2 millions.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2017, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,422 posts, read 12,412,038 times
Reputation: 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Where did you get the figures of Phils only having 2 million tourists? As far as I know Koreans alone can number to almost 2 millions.
I said the Phillipines only get 2 million MORE tourists than Bali.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top