U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 01:44 AM

6,781 posts, read 5,137,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Hmm, endless wonder why you are disparaging your own homeland. You have to remember what to be grateful of where you live.
I'm more curious about why you have such a positive image on Taiwan, it's pretty perplexing to me. It's not like there's lots of coverage, if any, on Taiwan in America.

Btw once again these are cherry picking pictures. Kaohsiung actually has decent urban planning, but the pollution in winter is extremely severe. Taichung is also very polluted in winter. Both places have horrible traffic and poor public transportation, especially Taichung.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 02:48 AM

55 posts, read 33,182 times
Choices similar to what were commonly heard in Asia. Japan and the Asian dragons economies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Favorite cities in Asia: Hong Kong, Tokyo, Osaka, Singapore, and Seoul.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:13 AM

6,781 posts, read 5,137,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmodeb View Post
Choices similar to what were commonly heard in Asia. Japan and the Asian dragons economies.
It's tiger, not dragon.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:25 PM

6,066 posts, read 10,865,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I'm more curious about why you have such a positive image on Taiwan, it's pretty perplexing to me. It's not like there's lots of coverage, if any, on Taiwan in America.

Btw once again these are cherry picking pictures. Kaohsiung actually has decent urban planning, but the pollution in winter is extremely severe. Taichung is also very polluted in winter. Both places have horrible traffic and poor public transportation, especially Taichung.
Real matter to all 59 favorite countries of mine ending up equal to me as a highly touristic destination attraction. Preferring international compared to domestic the past 5 years. Not only exclusive to Taiwan.

Be more specific in regards to the urban planning of Kaohsiung.

What are the varying records of these other Taiwanese cities: Tainan City 771,235 people, Banciao 543,342, Hsinchu 404,109, Taoyuan 402,014, Keelung 397,515, Hualien City 350,468, Taitung City 109,584? By the way, Kaohsiung and Taichung are all technically their own metropolis of more than one million citizens each. Taipei is actually rather close to the NYC amount of 7.8-7.9 million people.

And then all of those alluring mystical Jiufen towns. Hsinchu is around a Planet Earth record for all of the extra precious Silicon ground metals getting into the Semiconductor fabrication plants of those Central Processing Units essential to the functioning of all computers. And all of those avant garde modern high rises, Pagodas, temples all over Taiwan you are falsely omitting out of your own memory. Have just enough satisfaction in your country of residence. Have you even went to Suao Hualien coast near Taipei, or cruising into the Yushan mountains?

Woah, Kaohsiung is following quite an extreme Mediterranean precipitation pattern. Keelung is quite an alien compared to that one. Are there really entire years where that town barely gets a full day of sun? I donít mind November to March. Refreshing to always have just enough breaks from the uv index or those irritants blocking my own Laptop Computer resolution screen LCD liquid crystal display when having that yellow symbol in the background. Although, I enjoy that for that summer, and occasionally spring, and autumn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or