U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 12:41 AM

2,214 posts, read 2,634,236 times

Advertisements

I know people from Chonburi which isn't that far away and they told me that even though there were some improvements, it is still the old $hithole you guys were talking about, lol. There are so many nice places in Thailand, why the hell people end up in this hole full of fatblokes with potbellys looking to get laid for the night with some filthy hookers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeink
lol sex tourists will always be the worst kind of tourists, and you know that.
To be honest? Not only the worst kind of tourists, but the worst kind of human beings as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 09:24 AM

10,424 posts, read 12,427,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
the worst kind of human beings as well.
No that would be child rapists/murderers.
You do realize 90+% of the Thai women were not forced into the sex industry right?

Old 02-13-2017, 09:43 AM

2,214 posts, read 2,634,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
You do realize 90+% of the Thai women were not forced into the sex industry right?
Yes I know, but "forced" is also a matter of interpretation. Often this is a kind of cycle - easy money prevents them from learning a proper job and getting a better education, which makes them ending up in well, easy money industry. Sometimes getting children they have to provide a living for adds to that.

However I do understand that people may think differently about this issue and I accept it, I don't see that we are getting an agreement on that point. Nevertheless all the people using those kind of services I have ever met in my life were really strange and disgusting people. I could never do that, I have deep disrespect and moral contempt angainst this in general which cannot be changed. I just have to live with that.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:31 PM

7 posts, read 5,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
The World Health Organisation estimated that the number of sex workers in Thailand are around 150,000 to 200,000, so not even 1% of the population.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:34 PM

10,424 posts, read 12,427,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeink View Post
The World Health Organisation estimated that the number of sex workers in Thailand are around 150,000 to 200,000, so not even 1% of the population.
Sorry, i meant to say 90+% of the Thai prostitutes.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:04 PM

55 posts, read 33,054 times
You can see more wealth in Bangkok but Northern Thailand is poorer.

Northern Thailand is cheap but quite boring and poor for the foreigners.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:01 PM

5,096 posts, read 8,072,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmodeb View Post
You can see more wealth in Bangkok but Northern Thailand is poorer.

Northern Thailand is cheap but quite boring and poor for the foreigners.
True, Bangkok is wealthy because it's the capital of the country, and the primary international trade center of the country.

Are you talking about Northern Thailand (Sukhothai, Chiang Mai, etc.), or Northeastern Thailand (Buriram, Surin, Khon Kaen, etc.)?

Old 02-22-2017, 10:37 PM

55 posts, read 33,054 times
Regional wealth differences in Thailand and China is great unlike the US or the UK.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:45 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,671,312 times
Pattaya is the Atlantic City of Thailand.

No reason to go there unless you weigh 260 lbs. and have left your wife and kids.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:49 PM

2,015 posts, read 1,198,872 times
I am about a three dollar bus ride from Pattaya. They are getting their own Terminal 21, just like Asoke. Many Indians and Chinese there, nowadays..and don't forget the Russians and middle easterners. Never say, never, but anyone who oversimplifies the situation as Phuket good; Pattaya bad may not realize that Phuket is referred to as "Pirate Island," not Pattaya. The locals aren't locals at the resort areas..they are simply there to milk the tourists. BTW, there are a lot bigger problems in our world, than older guys having consensual sex with Thai women. The Catholic Church comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or