Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 07:07 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times

Advertisements

Basically, I've traditionally thought of Pattaya as little more than a sex-tourist destination with very mediocre beaches.

However, it seems that population-wise, this city has crept into full-blown much larger city, with a population that could easily make it as Thailand's #2 city.

It seems that a ton of foreign investment and everything else in Pattaya, and it has also become a large foreign magnet, as well as a popular place for families to vacation now.

What changes/thoughts/opinions do you have on the old and new Pattaya, Thailand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 03:45 PM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
However, it seems that population-wise, this city has crept into full-blown much larger city, with a population that could easily make it as Thailand's #2 city.
Chiang Mai, Nakhon Ratchasima, Udon Thani and Hat Yai have more people.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:12 PM

I've been to Thailand 5 times 3 months and 2 times 1 month between 2012 and 2014, traveled in 17 different provinces.
Next year i will go to Thailand again for the first time since the coup and it will be the first time i visit Pattaya, before i always thought of it as a $hithole for old fat guys but youtube videos made me too curious so i plan to stay there almost 2 weeks on my trip.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:23 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I've been to Thailand 5 times 3 months and 2 times 1 month between 2012 and 2014, traveled in 17 different provinces.
Next year i will go to Thailand again for the first time since the coup and it will be the first time i visit Pattaya, before i always thought of it as a $hithole for old fat guys but youtube videos made me too curious so i plan to stay there almost 2 weeks on my trip.
That's always been my impression of Pattaya as well. I did visit there once about 15 years ago, and it was exactly that - a $hithole for old fat guys looking for paid loving.

But, yeah, I've also been looking at youtube and google maps, and it looks like it has really changed a lot. I'm going to try to revisit the city again, (first time in 15 years), and see if it really has changed as well, or still the same ol' $hithole as always

Old 02-11-2017, 02:03 PM

412 posts, read 509,163 times
Pattaya sucks nowadays I hear. Bad attitude from the girls, too many tourists. Not like it was 5 years ago.

But you're not a "sex tourist", you're "better than that" am I right?

Why would you go to Pattaya if you're not looking for go go bars? As you said yourself the beach sucks. If you want to go to a beach, go to Phuket.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:14 PM

7 posts, read 9,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVanderbilt View Post
Pattaya sucks nowadays I hear. Bad attitude from the girls, too many tourists. Not like it was 5 years ago.

But you're not a "sex tourist", you're "better than that" am I right?

Why would you go to Pattaya if you're not looking for go go bars? As you said yourself the beach sucks. If you want to go to a beach, go to Phuket.
lol sex tourists will always be the worst kind of tourists, and you know that.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:55 AM

51 posts, read 53,373 times
Pattaya is attractive for the westerners , but not the asians.

There is a red light district called Wanchai in Hong Kong, with most of the women hanging around there being from South East Asia. Pretty similar to Pattaya or somewhere in the Phillippines, except being much more expensive. The is also Geylang in Singapore. The locals or Asians are not interested in these women from South East Asia. Most of the men going there are whites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Basically, I've traditionally thought of Pattaya as little more than a sex-tourist destination with very mediocre beaches.

It seems that a ton of foreign investment and everything else in Pattaya, and it has also become a large foreign magnet, as well as a popular place for families to vacation now.

What changes/thoughts/opinions do you have on the old and new Pattaya, Thailand?

Old 02-12-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmodeb View Post
Pattaya is attractive for the westerners , but not the asians.

There is a red light district called Wanchai in Hong Kong, with most of the women hanging around there being from South East Asia. Pretty similar to Pattaya or somewhere in the Phillippines, except being much more expensive. The is also Geylang in Singapore. The locals or Asians are not interested in these women from South East Asia. Most of the men going there are whites.
I've seen plently of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Singaporean, Indian and Arab sex tourists in Bangkok and Phuket.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:34 PM

51 posts, read 53,373 times
If they want Thai sex workers, they dont have to go all the way to Thailand. Thai sex workers are widely and cheaply available in Hong Kong and Singapore due to the visa policy but not in Europe, North America and Australia. Despite being cheap, they are less popular than the Mainland Chinese sex workers in Hong Kong and Singapore. Those that hang around in westerners' hotspots in HK and Singapore are looking for more generous money from the drunken westerners.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmodeb View Post
If they want Thai sex workers, they dont have to go all the way to Thailand. Thai sex workers are widely and cheaply available in Hong Kong and Singapore due to the visa policy but not in Europe, North America and Australia. Despite being cheap, they are less popular than the Mainland Chinese sex workers in Hong Kong and Singapore. Those that hang around in westerners' hotspots in HK and Singapore are looking for more generous money from the drunken westerners.
I can assure you that the Thai sex workers outside Thailand aren't as cheap as those inside Thailand.

Singapore = $50 for 45 mins.
Thailand = $50 for the entire night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia