U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 06:44 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,250,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I'd rather see a democratic china with a free press so I can know if my bao has cardboard in it or my milk is contaminated, and i can vote for my mayor.

If red china is run by xenophobic facist han that live in canada with an inferiority complex left over from losses from opium wars and the boxer rebellion and have a center kingdom mentality, then maybe china should be split up into 3 kingdoms called wei, wu, and shu. It would make nationalistic communist han more manageable.

Red china can't even keep its vassal state, north korea, in check. Mao said power is with in a gun. Well, north korea has the gun. To koreans, japan is a the enemy of hundreds years but china is the enemy of thousands. I'm sure north korean missiles can reach Beijing if they can reach japan.

free tibet!
why does China care about what you would rather to see in China? I'd rather that the people could continue to enjoy higher standard of living before seeking the right to vote for mayors.

Contaminated milk etc has absolutely nothing to do with democracy. Not sure you specially mention that. In the 1950s and 60s, food safety was not a problem but the regime was way more oppressive.

I am fine with free Tibet by the way. (call free tibet won't upset me) I am always in favour of a referendum. If they decide to go, then fine. The same apply to Xinjiang. But the chances are close to zero. China needs them for national defense reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 10:36 AM

4,509 posts, read 3,090,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
why does China care about what you would rather to see in China? I'd rather that the people could continue to enjoy higher standard of living before seeking the right to vote for mayors.

Contaminated milk etc has absolutely nothing to do with democracy. Not sure you specially mention that. In the 1950s and 60s, food safety was not a problem but the regime was way more oppressive.

I am fine with free Tibet by the way. (call free tibet won't upset me) I am always in favour of a referendum. If they decide to go, then fine. The same apply to Xinjiang. But the chances are close to zero. China needs them for national defense reasons.
Why do you care about china's living standard then? You can state your opinion but I can't state mine? That makes you a hypocritical facist.

I drink milk.

China can keep xinjiang. One thing communists do well is neuter jihadists.

I'm glad we agree on tibet.

Free tibet!

Old 03-31-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:

Free tibet!
Since you are really interest in this topic, tell me how Tibetans were worse off under China's government? And exactly how will they be better off being independent?

I really can't care less about Tibet. It is a financial drain on China's finance. But to imagine Tibet can be a self-sufficient country is laughable. If they go independent, China will take back all the investment and infrastructure, including airports, highways and railways (I don't think they can afford buying them) and they will be completely disconnected to the rest of the world.

And take Qinghai with it. Xinjiang can leave too if they are so proud.

HK thinks it is too superior to stay in China? sure, go independent. Just don't expect any economic ties with China. I am sure it will have a wonderful future.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:18 PM

Good. Tibet doesn't want xenophobic nationalistic communist authoritarian han. I don't think they need investment and infrastructure because attachment causes suffering. The goal is moksha. It is better to be disconnected from the world when seeking enlightenment.

HK is superior to china. They had a better film industry in the 90s compared to the mainland and better chao siu bao. They still respect the free exchange of ideas.

I wouldn't want economic ties with china. The CCP does not respect the free exchange of ideas and IP. Trading with china led to the hollowing out of the rust belt and the rise of donald trump and steve bannon.

Xinjiang should say with china since this will give the PLA something instead of poking japan in the eye and starting world war 3.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Good. Tibet doesn't want xenophobic nationalistic communist authoritarian han. I don't think they need investment and infrastructure because attachment causes suffering. The goal is moksha. It is better to be disconnected from the world when seeking enlightenment.

HK is superior to china. They had a better film industry in the 90s compared to the mainland and better chao siu bao. They still respect the free exchange of ideas.

I wouldn't want economic ties with china. The CCP does not respect the free exchange of ideas and IP. Trading with china led to the hollowing out of the rust belt and the rise of donald trump and steve bannon.

Xinjiang should say with china since this will give the PLA something instead of poking japan in the eye and starting world war 3.
please learn some Tibet history before pretending it was not "authoritarian" before taken by PLA.

Without ties with China, HK will become a third world country within 5 years, IF they can survive at all. Don't be naive.

Back to Singapore: it has a good government that is working well. The goal is to have a government that works, not to have ant particular kind of system, which are nothing but labels.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
please learn some Tibet history before pretending it was not "authoritarian" before taken by PLA.

Without ties with China, HK will become a third world country within 5 years, IF they can survive at all. Don't be naive.

Back to Singapore: it has a good government that is working well. The goal is to have a government that works, not to have ant particular kind of system, which are nothing but labels.
so what if it was authoritarian in the past. We're looking toward the future. The PLA is an occupying force and should be dislodged using strategy from Mao's On guerrilla Warfare.

HK will be fine without China. It doesn't need Northie thugs tell them what to do. Taiwan is fine on its own. So is Singapore.

The goal is to have a stable democracy in singapore. It may take maybe steps but at least its making the effort. No one wants to live under facists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or