U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 04:10 AM

2,761 posts, read 1,101,143 times

Advertisements

A 14 year old middle school student was found dead outside his middle school in Luzhou, Sichuan, China. Apparently, witness/es reported that five students were bullying the student and threw him off the fifth floor after beating the student to death.

The dead student reportedly refused to pay the bullies a protection fee of 10,000 RMB. His body was covered in large bruises and his limbs were broken prior to being thrown from the building.

Local police immediately declared that the student committed suicide and hurried to cremate his body, allegedly to hide the fact that he was beaten to death. Three of the bullies are children of local officials, including the son of the school principle, the son of the town's mayor, and the son of the head of the local police.

I know some here will be quick to refute me, but, China can often be a horrible place. It amazes that so many Chinese, in China or ethnic Chinese living abroad, are so patriotic. There is barely any dissent or criticism, especially from ethnic Chinese living outside of China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 09:56 AM

6,773 posts, read 5,116,323 times
Well it is horrifying news. I heard that the town is under a lockdown, scary ****.

But to be fair, there are dissenters, like these.
http://i.imgur.com/1H0u4Wg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DQkLor8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hk0TXaY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/R4pgGzD.jpg

Old 04-09-2017, 10:39 AM

6,725 posts, read 6,599,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
A 14 year old middle school student was found dead outside his middle school in Luzhou, Sichuan, China. Apparently, witness/es reported that five students were bullying the student and threw him off the fifth floor after beating the student to death.

The dead student reportedly refused to pay the bullies a protection fee of 10,000 RMB. His body was covered in large bruises and his limbs were broken prior to being thrown from the building.

Local police immediately declared that the student committed suicide and hurried to cremate his body, allegedly to hide the fact that he was beaten to death. Three of the bullies are children of local officials, including the son of the school principle, the son of the town's mayor, and the son of the head of the local police.

I know some here will be quick to refute me, but, China can often be a horrible place. It amazes that so many Chinese, in China or ethnic Chinese living abroad, are so patriotic. There is barely any dissent or criticism, especially from ethnic Chinese living outside of China.
Overseas Chinese ALWAYS complain about China government. If you can read Chinese, just visit any Chinese forum in the US or other western countries. When Chinese people talk about China, usually they do not post on English forums. Is it a surprise to you?

I am from Sichuan myself and many people there told me that the rumor that the student was asked to pay 10,000 RMB is false. Will middle school students ask for 10,000 yuan, which is 1,600 USD? It is a public school in a relatively poor area of China, and the victim is not rich. Use your brain to think.

That being said, the local government did a very poor job to handle the situation. They may have tried to cover up something too. It is very likely that the student did not commit suicide.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Overseas Chinese ALWAYS complain about China government.
Well maybe you guys should complain more. You know, harsher, like Taiwanese people do.

Old 04-09-2017, 04:35 PM

2,761 posts, read 1,101,143 times
Quote:
Overseas Chinese ALWAYS complain about China government.
No. They do not ALWAYS complain. They often support and defend.

Quote:
If you can read Chinese, just visit any Chinese forum in the US or other western countries. When Chinese people talk about China, usually they do not post on English forums. Is it a surprise to you?
Yes. I can read Chinese.

I know that some Chinese dissent.

I am referring the the billion who do not.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:18 PM

4,665 posts, read 2,636,371 times
From the pictures it looks like there was a pretty big protest. I'm not going to speculate on whether the boy was murdered or not, he could very well have been. But serious situations like this really highlight two of China's big problems. First, police corruption and lack of transparency. Something doesn't seem right about what they are saying and if they were transparent and allowed a third party in to perform an autopsy, that would resolve most people's fear that there is a coverup. The second issue this exposes is how easily and susceptible Chinese (and really anyone) are to spreading rumors and false information. Some of the things being said about what happened don't really make sense and that's why I will hold my opinion, because the facts have been muddied too much.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:23 PM

4,665 posts, read 2,636,371 times
Quote:

Yes. I can read Chinese.

Most Chinese won't protest because all they see are article like this. If it doesn't effect them, people will just go on with their lives like normal. There is a lot of distrust toward the Chinese government by Chinese people, people are just afraid to say anything and most people are content with their lives.

Luzhou middle school student not murdered: police - Global Times

Old 04-09-2017, 08:56 PM

6,195 posts, read 6,358,094 times
Quote:

Well there are people there that are angry and are trying to do something about it.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:

Well what do you expect from a fascist regime?

Old 04-09-2017, 10:16 PM

4,509 posts, read 3,092,720 times
Quote:

About dare you criticize the People's Republic of CHina botticelli will find you and put you in a labor camp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or