Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 12:55 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The bolded part of your statement doesn't make a bit of sense would you care to explain why you think drinking mild is crueler than eating dogs. On it's face it's a ridiculous laughable assertion.
word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkO48FeTwNU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 01:03 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
Nope.

By the same token, it's cruel to consume all animal products including meat and milk.

Eating cows isn't more moral than eating dogs.

Actually, drinking milk is ten times crueler than eating dogs. When you eat meats, animals only die once, the pain is short.

Check out where milk come from.
It is just typical western moral hypocrisy - they choose something that suits themseleves and "denounce" something others do.

The logic is quite simple here: if one can eat pigs, cows and chicken without guilt, so can others eat cats and dogs. just because some peope think cats and dogs are "cute" and "are people's friends" because their own culture doesn't give them the right to denounce others for consuming them.

As I mentioned before, where is your concience when you eat your steak when a billion Hinduists consider cows as sacred?

Many westerners always think the entire world should exist around their own moral standards. I know many Americans even think eating rabbits is evil because rabbits are "cute". Seriously?

I don't eat cats and dogs but have absolutely no problem eating it, or see others eating it (of course animal cruelty is a different topic, which doesn't just apply to these two animals).

Last word: if you think one can't eat a certain animal, it is only because you are not hungry enough.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:27 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post

What exactly are you seeing in this video that indicates that drinking milk is more cruel than eating dogs. I doubt you can teach me anything about the milk producing industry but go ahead let's hear what you have to say.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:38 AM
AFP

@bottecelli you're missing a major part of it and I will speak plainly and hold no punches it's not simply that many westerners look down on Asians for eating dogs and cats its that many of us look down on Asian cultures for what appears to be a complete lack of empathy for the suffering of animals during the slaughtering and butchering of dogs and cats. You can rationalize it and explain it away however you wish but I guarantee you most won't admit it but yes I'm willing to bet many westerners do look down on this aspect of Asian cultures.

Old 04-16-2017, 10:57 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
@bottecelli you're missing a major part of it and I will speak plainly and hold no punches it's not simply that many westerners look down on Asians for eating dogs and cats its that many of us look down on Asian cultures for what appears to be a complete lack of empathy for the suffering of animals during the slaughtering and butchering of dogs and cats. You can rationalize it and explain it away however you wish but I guarantee you most won't admit it but yes I'm willing to bet many westerners do look down on this aspect of Asian cultures.
That is true. I'm not really familiar with the slaughtering practices of livestock here though, I heard that they used to be absolutely horrid.

And the no empathy thing applies to not only animals, but human-beings as well.

Last edited by Greysholic; 04-16-2017 at 11:07 AM..

Old 04-16-2017, 01:15 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Quote:
On that front I agree with you. I despise those who are cruel to animals, any animal, and dogs and cats are no different.

Westerners can look down anyone they want based on their value, but Asians on the other hand also look down upon westerners for other things. For example, many Asians really despise the fact that in many western countries adult children do not take the responsibility of taking care of their senior parents (by taking care of, it often means living with them and looking after them on a daily basis). So you can't say who is right and who is wrong. There is no universal value.

Among western countries it varies too. Americans think it is cruel for the French to force feed ducks to make fois gras, but most French people think it is no big deal. Vegatarians also think it is inhuman to eat meat at all.

Animal cruelty as I said is a separate matter and you guys always mix the two by making it one. Most westerners simply criticize dog eating in general, even the dog was killed mercifully (like how cows are killed in the west), and i say, that's Hypocricy. People on the other side of planet has no responsibility to consider how westerns feel about dogs and cats. Nobody is forcing them to eat, but don't judge others for that (again, assuming no unnececary cruelty involved).

Old 04-16-2017, 02:16 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Quote:
I don't think these animals would consider this Western treatment of them humane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oTCA9V3eNs

Last edited by davidt1; 04-16-2017 at 02:39 PM..

Old 04-16-2017, 05:11 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
Quote:
What exactly are you seeing in this video that indicates that drinking milk is more cruel than eating dogs. I doubt you can teach me anything about the milk producing industry but go ahead let's hear what you have to say.
I was agreeing with your...

Old 04-16-2017, 08:13 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I was agreeing with your...
Okay I misunderstood.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:17 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I don't think these animals would consider this Western treatment of them humane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oTCA9V3eNs
Yeah that's a horrific video I got through about 15 seconds I won't defend anything in that video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia