U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 01:39 PM

189 posts, read 255,116 times

Advertisements

Which country has cleaner cities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 02:51 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,250,780 times
that is not even a question....

Old 05-01-2017, 10:13 AM

10,422 posts, read 12,406,700 times
http://i.imgur.com/3kJAE09.mp4

Old 05-01-2017, 11:30 AM

4,665 posts, read 2,635,451 times
As far as trash goes, there is no comparison. Chinese cities are for the most part fairly trash free. Most Chinese cities employ small armies to keep their cities clean. Indian cities, maybe without exception, are very dirty, trash everywhere.

Air pollution, its s tossup, both countries have terrible air pollution problems.

Water pollution, again, both countries have major problems, but I would say China does a slightly better job.

China does an impressive job keeping their cities trash free, but both countries are far away from matching developed countries on air or water pollution. China seems to be progressing faster to clean up its act, but I do see a societal problem emerging as people just grow trash on the ground and expect someone to clean it up. Also, Chinese highways can be quite trashy, people just throw trash out car windows, drives me crazy.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
As far as trash goes, there is no comparison. Chinese cities are for the most part fairly trash free. Most Chinese cities employ small armies to keep their cities clean. Indian cities, maybe without exception, are very dirty, trash everywhere.

Air pollution, its s tossup, both countries have terrible air pollution problems.

Water pollution, again, both countries have major problems, but I would say China does a slightly better job.

China does an impressive job keeping their cities trash free, but both countries are far away from matching developed countries on air or water pollution. China seems to be progressing faster to clean up its act, but I do see a societal problem emerging as people just grow trash on the ground and expect someone to clean it up. Also, Chinese highways can be quite trashy, people just throw trash out car windows, drives me crazy.
you also forgot human and animal poop out in the open.

In Chinese cities, you don't see cows running in the middle of a street

Old 05-01-2017, 04:05 PM

4,509 posts, read 3,092,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post

then why aren't you living in a chinese city?

Old 05-02-2017, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
then why aren't you living in a chinese city?
Your question would have a point if I lived in India right now.

Your question would make sense if I suggested the following

1) China is the cleanest country in the world.
2) being clean is the only criterion for deciding where to live.
3) I can freely live anywhere I want.

Seems you are just picking fights againt anything I say positive about China. I will not engage in such childish fights. You are on my ignore list from now on. Save both a lot of time.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post

That's true, but you do see kids and occasionally adults taking care of business in public, but it's not common like India. My parents have spent a lot of time in India and they said seeing men going to the bathroom next to roads or off bridges was a very common sight. The first time I went to China I got peed on by a little kid, talk about culture shock! I turned around and the mom just smacked the little kid, I think she was scared since I was a foreigner, but I didn't say or do anything, I just walked away. I could only speak about 10 Chinese words at that time anyway.

Old 05-02-2017, 01:07 PM

1,011 posts, read 627,358 times
Chinese cities are much cleaner than NYC, London or Paris

Old 05-02-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
Chinese cities are much cleaner than NYC, London or Paris
That's true as far as cleanliness of trash, but when cost of labor is compared it makes sense why. Chinese cities can employ 10+ street cleaners for every one in say NYC. Chinese cities also have their volunteer armies which is a great idea as well. I wish that could catch on in developed countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or