U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bangalore, Goa, and Pondicherry - Which would you like to get to (you can choose more than one answe
Bangalore 5 18.52%
Goa 12 44.44%
Pondicherry 7 25.93%
None of those, but interested in other locations in India 6 22.22%
Not interested in India 4 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 11:09 PM

371 posts, read 284,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I would like to visit the back waters of Kerala in the south someday and sacred Buddhist sites in the North. I might visit Sri Lanka and Burma before I go to India.

I was in Sri Lanka last February. I highly recommend going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 07:52 PM

1,939 posts, read 939,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold miner View Post
I am the first here to vote "not interested in India". My tourist dollars will be spent somewhere else, not In India.
That is OK too. India is not for everyone's tastes.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:44 AM

3,664 posts, read 3,523,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
That is OK too. India is not for everyone's tastes.
Also it is no more a cost effective destination. Flight tickets and Hotels are expensive if you are flying from USA

Old 09-21-2017, 07:35 PM

345 posts, read 154,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Also it is no more a cost effective destination. Flight tickets and Hotels are expensive if you are flying from USA
Not necessarily true. You can still get good deals on air and there are more inexpensive hotels opening ("nice" hostels or B&Bs). Food and transportation is cheap as well.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:57 AM

1 posts, read 328 times
I would like to prefer Kerala. Kerala is one of the most beautiful state in India. It is also known as "God's Own City"

Old 10-14-2017, 06:52 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,175,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupathak115 View Post
I would like to prefer Kerala. Kerala is one of the most beautiful state in India. It is also known as "God's Own City"
I was JUST reading another article that was saying that Goa is not longer the hottest touristic location, but that KERALA is that place.

On the other hand, from what I've seen of Kerala, I don't know if that is a good thing. I think the plus of Kerala is that its not overwhelmed by tourists.

Seems like a cool place though....highest literacy, or something to that effect, I read as well.

Old 10-14-2017, 02:22 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,023,060 times
I am planning on a trip to India next year and it's something I've always wanted to do. Besides Delhi (point of entry) I want to go to Agra, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Bikaner (Rajasthan really appeals to me). Also Goa, and then south to Kerala, Bangalore and Mysore. I especially want to see the ruins at Hampi. Can't do all this in one trip and will need two.
Definitely not interested in Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Varanasi.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:58 PM

345 posts, read 154,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
I am planning on a trip to India next year and it's something I've always wanted to do. Besides Delhi (point of entry) I want to go to Agra, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Bikaner (Rajasthan really appeals to me). Also Goa, and then south to Kerala, Bangalore and Mysore. I especially want to see the ruins at Hampi. Can't do all this in one trip and will need two.
Definitely not interested in Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Varanasi.
That is quite a bit to cover even in 2 trips. How long are you planning to go for? You missed Udaipur in Rajasthan. What time of year do you plan to travel? Chennai is so-so, loved Kolkata, Varanasi was disgustingly dirty, and love Mumbai. Too much to see for a lifetime of trips to India!

Old 10-18-2017, 08:08 PM

5,172 posts, read 2,765,302 times
I’d take Chennai over Goa. I’d also love to visit Amritsar and the golden temple.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:12 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,175,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Id take Chennai over Goa. Id also love to visit Amritsar and the golden temple.
What do you prefer about Chennai or dislike about Goa?

Just looking for an interesting perspective...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or