U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 06:23 AM

384 posts, read 260,905 times

Advertisements

I read an article that Quezon City may be becoming the capital again, replacing Manila? I read that the intellectuals and artists are generally in Quezon City (this is like the Los Angeles of Philippines) whereas Manila is like D.C. (aka the capital). Or Manila could be the NYC of the Philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Not just the center of the film industry, but the economic center of the entire country! Everything in the Philippines revolves around Manila.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 06:43 AM

22,101 posts, read 23,627,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethnicappalachian View Post
I read an article that Quezon City may be becoming the capital again, replacing Manila? I read that the intellectuals and artists are generally in Quezon City (this is like the Los Angeles of Philippines) whereas Manila is like D.C. (aka the capital). Or Manila could be the NYC of the Philippines.
Quezon City is part of Metro Manila which is essentially Manila (even if Manila is technically a separate municipality, but that's really small in area, even smaller than Manhattan in NYC). All of Metro Manila is only 237 square miles.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:44 AM

384 posts, read 260,905 times
According to this website, these cities are near Quezon City:

Cities near Quezon City, Philippines

6 km to Mandaluyong, Philippines
6 km to Manila, Philippines
9 km to Makati, Philippines
10 km to Antipolo, Philippines
11 km to Cainta, Philippines
12 km to San Mateo, Philippines
13 km to Taytay, Philippines
17 km to Paranaque, Philippines
21 km to Las Pinas, Philippines

I'm looking for condos that are affordable in a not so congested location but is still accessible to the entertainment industry. Quezon City isn't bad. I was told Makati is expensive so is Manila. Quezon City was my choice since I did more research on it. It's at the heart of the Philippine "Hollywood" I was told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
That is a good question, while we are in the Philippines every year my wife watches lots of Filipino movies and I never bothered to see where any are made. I know they have Bigfoot in Cebu and also film maker KFTV in Cebu and a quick lookup found the below
Philippine Film Studios Inc. in Muntinlupa City
and Wiki lists a lot of them which seem to be all over the Philippines but I would guess the majority of movies made in the Philippines are made somewhere in Manila since most of the movies are in Tagalog. Most Filipino films seem to be shot on location, I do not think there is an area like Hollywood but I did find the below.
10 International Films Set in the Philippines

Old 07-01-2017, 07:46 AM

6,573 posts, read 3,629,274 times
Quote:

I'm looking for condos that are affordable in a not so congested location but is still accessible to the entertainment industry. Quezon City isn't bad. I was told Makati is expensive so is Manila. Quezon City was my choice since I did more research on it. It's at the heart of the Philippine "Hollywood" I was told.
It is all congested as it is all Metro Manila. It is an urban sprawl like Los Angeles and not set in boroughs on different islands like New York City

Old 07-01-2017, 03:06 PM

23 posts, read 19,855 times
Quote:
I forgot where I read what I read but I think it was in terms of either amount of movies made per year at that time or amount of movie goers per year at that time. This was in the early days of film making perhaps, not recently. I think during the world wars?
that could be true.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:34 PM

351 posts, read 550,185 times
Quote:

For the Philippines Metro Manila is expensive and Makati is one of the most expensive parts of Metro Manila. The city of Manila is more affordable than Makati. But even in Makati, expensive is in comparison to the rest of the Philippines. Compared to the United States it's not so expensive. Not nearly as pricey as a comparable area in the United States. Besides NYC I don't know what other American cities might be kind of comparable, and it is the NYC of the Philippines, but compared to NYC, or D.C., or San Francisco, it is straight up affordable.

Last edited by kdb05f; 07-01-2017 at 10:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or