U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2019, 02:27 AM

223 posts, read 51,402 times

Advertisements

Jakarta is getting cleaner. Keep up the good work!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 07:51 AM

621 posts, read 382,154 times
Nice! Also getting a bit greener and modern. So is Manila, good job for both!

Old 05-08-2019, 01:13 AM

478 posts, read 189,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
I support the plan as well. Kalimantan seems promising since it's located quite far from the edge of tectonic plates, the risk of earthquake is minimal.

This decision will let Jakarta focus more on economy and business.
yeah same to me ,I Support Kalimantan, the government must build a complete new capital city with supporting infrastructure such as toll roads, MRT/subway, busway, airports etc. and build a buildings in one area. I think the new capital city will be the main attraction

Old 05-08-2019, 05:00 PM

1,019 posts, read 895,825 times
Kudos to Jakarta! I saw lots of iconic buildings. Manila has to step up.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:29 AM

Singapore doesnt have so many iconic buildings but it is a vibrant and liveable city. Iconic buildings are good but it doesnt really necessarily define how progressive or liveable a place is. Jakartas iconic building are still undeconstruction. It's nice to see how their skyline is shaping up. Though Id say Manila is doing a better job balancing out the construction by not merely focusing the iconic and tallest but also building the low, mid, highrise and skyscrapers altogether. More cohesive, more inclusive. Better to follow a SG devt for me than Dubai like devt.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:33 AM

83 posts, read 45,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
I support the plan as well. Kalimantan seems promising since it's located quite far from the edge of tectonic plates, the risk of earthquake is minimal.

This decision will let Jakarta focus more on economy and business.
I prefer the capital city to move to West Java only because the population of Java is already solid 56% compared to Kalimantan so I support Kalimantan❤��the news of Jokowi is more interested to central and east Kalimantan in central Kalimantan there is an area of 'Gunung Mas' which is ideal and most ready to become a capital city because the big area is vast but the minus is is development starts from the beginning again and Jokowi also likes East Kalimantan because complete infrastructure from international airports, seaports, to toll roads but the minus is flood and the water is rather salty
And Jakarta is very suitable to be a city of business, economy and trade

Old 05-09-2019, 08:00 PM

95 posts, read 20,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Singapore doesnt have so many iconic buildings but it is a vibrant and liveable city. Iconic buildings are good but it doesnt really necessarily define how progressive or liveable a place is. Jakartas iconic building are still undeconstruction. It's nice to see how their skyline is shaping up. Though Id say Manila is doing a better job balancing out the construction by not merely focusing the iconic and tallest but also building the low, mid, highrise and skyscrapers altogether. More cohesive, more inclusive. Better to follow a SG devt for me than Dubai like devt.
Oh really? What iconic building you have?
Singapore have merlion
Malaysia have petronas
Indo have borobudur
Ph have,.... hmmmmm,..western culture??

How balance is that when u just build in those cbd area? Meanwhile indo/jakarta build spread area?

Old 05-09-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pagpag View Post
Oh really? What iconic building you have?
Singapore have merlion
Malaysia have petronas
Indo have borobudur
Ph have,.... hmmmmm,..western culture??

How balance is that when u just build in those cbd area? Meanwhile indo/jakarta build spread area?
And Borobudor is in Jakarta? Look who's talking?

Manila has Rizal Park statue, Manila City Hall, Malacanan Palace, Manila Coconut Palace among others that are worthy to be called iconic. Even the museums here can qualify the category you are trying to point on your post.

Manila CBDs though they maybe organized into one cohesive mass like American cities are designed, they are spread all throughout the metro since there are multiple CBDs. Compare that to a linear devt in Jakarta where devt is focused in just one or two avenues which do you think is more balanced?

Old 05-09-2019, 09:55 PM

This one alone can qualify being "iconic" depending on how you define that word...

Old 05-10-2019, 01:06 AM

223 posts, read 51,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
I don't know why you get so butthurt when someone says he loves Jakarta more. Just chill. People are free to have their own opinion.

Anyway, here are some vids of how it feels to walk around some areas of the city (not necessarily inside CBDs).

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or