U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2018, 09:09 PM

621 posts, read 381,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Bean View Post
The point is u drag other city issue to ur capital city
Citarum river in west java
That criminal investigation also in west java

This thread comparing both jakarta + manila right?
Or i need compare issue in spartly island, mindanao, marawi, visayas?

In my country bad news/ bad issue going viral/ blown out rapidly, so the government can fix the problem/ find solution ASAP
As far as I know it is still part of the Jakarta Metro or Jabodetabek, isn't it? So why whine when it is within its metro. The point is you are you trying to ridicule us with all these negatives instead of focusing on your positives when it is also present in your beloved place.

My advise go and focus on putting the positives of Jakarta to prove your point. Putting the negatives to limelight wont work because the fact is its not gonna be much of a difference for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Filipinos will prefer Manila
Indonesians will prefer Jakarta

You will never get a consensus on this one

This is an asinine thread
I'm sure not all here are Filipinos and Indonesians to not get a consensus. If you are having a hard time figuring out which one is better then we can look for certain metric based studies and research made by reliable organizations that we can use as basis for now. If you would base it on an individual perspective then surely you wont get a clear answer as it would be to "each his own" and "depends on the eye of the beholder" thing. Better yet visit both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 11:39 PM

13 posts, read 8,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
As far as I know it is still part of the Jakarta Metro or Jabodetabek, isn't it? So why whine when it is within its metro. The point is you are you trying to ridicule us with all these negatives instead of focusing on your positives when it is also present in your beloved place.

My advise go and focus on putting the positives of Jakarta to prove your point. Putting the negatives to limelight wont work because the fact is its not gonna be much of a difference for both.
The point is, u don't know what are u talking about
Jabodetabek: JAkarta, BOgor, DEpok, TAngerang, BEkasi
West Java: Bandung
Why whine if that case is old data? even not in metro / capital/ Jabodetabek?
Why whine if those negative parts happen in your capital city?

its like u compare big problem in sulu, marawi, mindanao, spratly island, with EU, with US, with extra judicial killing drug smuggler

for visitor/foreigner its good to know both negative side and positive side before visiting both capital city,...
not brag only biggest mall bgc, lrt, mrt

My advise for u just accept the both side (negative / positive) since u trying to ridicule us with false comment.

Old 04-07-2018, 01:51 AM

^^So you are saying Bogor, Depok and Bekasi are not in West Java just because the capital is Bandung? And that Citarum River is in Bandung? Not flowing frm Bekasi Regency all the way south? Are you even an Indonesian?

Mindanao and Spratlys are too far away from Manila compared to Citarum and West Java to Jakarta. Maybe you need a map my friend. Friendly advise.

Its really good to provide both the positives and negatives of each city but limit yours to the city where you are coming from instead of hitting tirades on other city that you are not familiar with and you did not even live.

And which part did I ridicule you with false comments?

Old 04-07-2018, 02:59 AM

Quote:
^^So you are saying Bogor, Depok and Bekasi are not in West Java just because the capital is Bandung? And that Citarum River is in Bandung? Not flowing frm Bekasi Regency all the way south? Are you even an Indonesian?

Mindanao and Spratlys are too far away from Manila compared to Citarum and West Java to Jakarta. Maybe you need a map my friend. Friendly advise.

Its really good to provide both the positives and negatives of each city but limit yours to the city where you are coming from instead of hitting tirades on other city that you are not familiar with and you did not even live.

And which part did I ridicule you with false comments?
U need learn more which part is metro jakarta / Jabodetabek

where is citarum river (blue line)?
where is bandung? (black dot)
taken from ur video, unpas investigation (pasundan univiersity / black dot)

its far? so?

Quote:
Worse is when you have nothing to eat at all or if you only eat once a day with salt as viand, isnt it? And what do you think of me, a person who live out of this world?
Quote:
Oh really it would be put on the news? I never thought Indonesia is that great when it comes to welfare.

It was meant for your pagpag question, what do you think of me living out of this world to not know what pagpag is?
Quote:
If they don't know, that only means that it isn't popular at all. It maybe still be available to a very limited number of people specially those that are bastards, homeless and people who are mentally ill which had become popular way back 2008. However, fast forward, currently, I don't think that pagpag thing is no longer a big concern. For those who don't know "pagpag", it means leftover foods from restaurants that are recycled and recooked into a different recipe. Even homeless and mentally ill people in first world countries would tend to eat those, it's not limited to the Phils alone. The poverty that I know of in the Phils grassroots community is eating more rice even with less viand just to fill the stomach but then again its rare that they would eat once a day.

In the Philippines we have what we call 4Ps and pensions to elderly even if they have not contributed to social or govt insurance services when they were young.

Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program | Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines
what do you mean?

Old 04-07-2018, 03:33 AM

this thread compare jakarta and manila right?

or compare

Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, Bekasi
vs
Caloocan · Las Piñas · Makati · Malabon · Mandaluyong · Manila · Marikina · Muntinlupa · Parañaque · Pasay · Pasig · Kota Quezón · Taguig · Valenzuela

Old 04-07-2018, 07:49 AM

Yes we do compare those cities or metro areas. But once in a while you can't avoid dragging the respective countries into the discussion in general as they are both their country's capitals.

Quote:
U need learn more which part is metro jakarta / Jabodetabek

where is citarum river (blue line)?
where is bandung? (black dot)
taken from ur video, unpas investigation (pasundan univiersity / black dot)

its far? so?

what do you mean?
Where is that blue and black line you are referring to? And how long is Citarum river if you don't mind. Educate me more how far it is to Metro Jakarta as well.

You also have to know how far Citarum is to Jakarta in conjuction to how far Manila is to Spratlys.

What do you mean what do I mean? Can't you read them and has difficulty comprehending them? Am I talking to a child?

Old 04-07-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Yes we do compare those cities or metro areas. But once in a while you can't avoid dragging the respective countries into the discussion in general as they are both their country's capitals.

Where is that blue and black line you are referring to? And how long is Citarum river if you don't mind. Educate me more how far it is to Metro Jakarta as well.

You also have to know how far Citarum is to Jakarta in conjuction to how far Manila is to Spratlys.

What do you mean what do I mean? Can't you read them and has difficulty comprehending them? Am I talking to a child?

Friendly advise, use Google map and educate ur self, or are u a child need some lesson to operate google map?

Comparing spartly is like u out off topic to drag issue in other cities, its not about how far the city is.

This thread is about compare Jakarta and Manila, simple as that.

Last edited by Mr-Bean; 04-07-2018 at 08:26 AM..

Old 04-07-2018, 08:33 AM

I already did. And I did see Citarum near both Metro Jakarta and Bandung as it is a very long river. Did you?

Old 04-07-2018, 09:32 PM

384 posts, read 100,953 times
Quote:
this thread compare jakarta and manila right?

or compare

Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, Bekasi
vs
Caloocan · Las Piñas · Makati · Malabon · Mandaluyong · Manila · Marikina · Muntinlupa · Parañaque · Pasay · Pasig · Kota Quezón · Taguig · Valenzuela
No, that doesnt make sense. Metro Manila and Jakarta are the politically the same thing. They're both the National Capital Region of both of their countries. They're both about the same land area and population. It makes sense to compare Metro Manila to Jakarta. If you compare Manila City to something, then it would need to be compared to a part of Jakarta, like North Jakarta.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
No, that doesnt make sense. Metro Manila and Jakarta are the politically the same thing. They're both the National Capital Region of both of their countries. They're both about the same land area and population. It makes sense to compare Metro Manila to Jakarta. If you compare Manila City to something, then it would need to be compared to a part of Jakarta, like North Jakarta.
I agree jakarta compare to metro manila
But neMarL try to compare metro manila vs jabodetabek which is far more bigger

Jakarta only approx 661,5 km2
Metro manila approx 638,55 km2

Last edited by Mr-Bean; 04-07-2018 at 11:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or