U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2019, 09:44 PM

386 posts, read 101,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
And you are from Philippines, aren't you?

Your opinion is just as bias as theirs about Manila vs Jakarta (maybe worse because you never even step a foot in Jakarta).

well i know enough about Jakarta to recognize the CBDs that are clearly in the videos that are supposedly not showing any CBDs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 09:50 PM

also, do you know where in the video he said Jakarta is better?

I heard him say "Jakarta harus kayak begini. Anies, make it Jakarta better" at 10:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74STGVnhvo

Old 05-13-2019, 09:57 PM

25 posts, read 3,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I have never tried Indonesian cuisine so I am curious about it. I like Filipino food. Filipino food is pork heavy, I imagine that isn't the case in Indonesia. Do they eat a lot of chicken? Currries?
Depend on which Indonesia, some province are Christian/Balinese Hindu or Indigenous, so they will have pork. The capital have atleast 10 percent Christian, so thats more than a million Christians. There are also significant Chinese minority. Pork dishes is available, however it would be rare if you're not eating in shopping mall, Manado restaurant, or Chinese food. The North and West of the city have the most Chinese minority.

We eat more Indo style fried chicken (lalapan, geprek in our language) more often than curry. We eat everything with sambal (indonesian mashed chilly paste, not for the weak).

Old 05-13-2019, 10:08 PM

25 posts, read 3,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
well i know enough about Jakarta to recognize the CBDs that are clearly in the videos that are supposedly not showing any CBDs.
You are right the area in the video is part of the downtown

Old 05-13-2019, 10:29 PM

478 posts, read 189,326 times
yeah btw.. Manila have top seed is "Walkable" and still lack infrastructure especially public transportation , airport and still less tourists ...

Old 05-13-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
yeah btw.. Manila have top seed is "Walkable" and still lack infrastructure especially public transportation , airport and still less tourists ...

how can I trust anything you say when you said "this is not a CBD" and then post a video that very clearly has SCBD in it several times

Old 05-13-2019, 10:38 PM

223 posts, read 51,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
also, do you know where in the video he said Jakarta is better?
The tittle said so. "Like it or not, Jakarta is still the best (between two)"
00:33 The father asked "Does it look like Jakarta?" The girl answered "No, Jakarta is way cooler". Then the father asked another question "Does it feel like you are in foreign country?" The girl answered "No".

Quote:
I heard him say "Jakarta harus kayak begini. Anies, make it Jakarta better" at 10:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74STGVnhvo
He said lots of positive things about Manila CBD actually. Outdoor hangout place was one of them. Thus he said those words.

But then again, once you get out of those CBDs, reality hit you so hard in the face. Like in 14:33 when "bicycle-car" passes through a poor neighborhood. The father said "It can transport upto 6 people. Unbelievable. There's nothing like this in Jakarta (in negative tone)"

Just like I said before and I will say it again. Development in Jakarta is pretty much well distributed from city center to the farthest area of the city. While Manila is so concentrated inside some of its CBDs. To the degree where its CBDs can look nicer than Jakarta's, but outside those areas can be alot worse.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:46 PM

Thanks for the translation. My point is, why post videos about SCBD when you dont want Filipinos to mention BGC or Makati? CBD to CBD is a fair comparison

Old 05-13-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
What foreigners are discovering about Manila and the Philippines in general.

yeah this about Jakarta..that's why I always say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqMMmFccHyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnlFEEuApqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yj-RmNUCFw

Old 05-14-2019, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Indeed. Jakarta is too crowded to begin with. Moving to nearby city inside Java Island will not be a good choice in the long run.

The new capital city doesn't need to be the center of economy where tall buildings and skyscrapers stand next to each other. Just make it like Washington DC or Canberra, humble, neat, full of parks, with giant city square and full of National Monuments.
The new capital city of is not as big as Jakarta built does not rival Jakarta like skyscrapers etc. and not included in in the top 10 big cities in Indonesia and only as the center of government. yes it is indeed the right choice in Kalimantan not to damage the forest and nature there, from some sources that I quoted "Later, the new capital will become the center of government. Bambang explained the function of the capital only to executives, ministries of institutions, legislatures, parliament, MPR , DPR, DPD. It will also be used for the judiciary, the judiciary, the prosecutor's office, the Constitutional Court. TNI, Polri, and embassies and representatives of international organizations will also be in the capital city https://www.idntimes.com/news/indone...i-jakarta/full

"Then the functions of financial, trade and industry services remain in Jakarta, for example BI, OJK, BKPM remain in Jakarta. This is the concept we are trying to emulate from some of the best practices that have been done by other countries," explained Bambang " https://www.cnnindonesia.com/nasiona...ebesar-jakarta owohh.. this means Jakarta will become the center of economy and business in Indonesia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or