U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2019, 11:25 PM

478 posts, read 188,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Just like when Indonesia builds its new capital, Jakarta will still be most important.
maybe be slowly built a new business center in the new capital , because the government is looking for vast tracts of land in kalimantan and maybe now our government is switching just building a government city center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 11:48 PM

384 posts, read 100,953 times
New Clark City is being built now, and the rendering look like a much bigger version of BGC. It will be business, residential, and government. But the good thing is, it's not far from Manila (only 2-3 hours drive). And it will be connected by rail too. So Manila and NCC will develop together, and probably form a megalopolis.

Old 05-16-2019, 01:49 AM

27 posts, read 28,360 times
Quote:
Have you been to Manila recently? BGC, Makati, Ortigas, and Bay City are still booming with construction everywhere. New Clark City will be a secondary capital but Metro Manila will still be the most important city for business. Just like when Indonesia builds its new capital, Jakarta will still be most important.
I have a condo on Forbestown and I try to visit once every few months.

What I was saying was that I don't think the areas in-between Makati and BGC are going to grow the way you think they are.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:15 AM

221 posts, read 50,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
maybe be slowly built a new business center in the new capital , because the government is looking for vast tracts of land in kalimantan and maybe now our government is switching just building a government city center
Hopefully, the new capital will focus on administrative purpose.
Indonesia has many potential secondary cities that will grow to be big metros in the future. Unlike Philippines, Indonesia is much faster in decentralizing its development.

Old 05-16-2019, 02:26 AM

221 posts, read 50,781 times
Quote:
Just because SCBD and Mega Kuningan are spread out along highways and are kinda connected in that way doesnt mean that all the areas in between are part of the CBD. Some of those areas arent even developed or nice. Jakarta's CBDs will continue to spread out along highways but that doesnt really make them bigger. You're coming from a very Jakarta/Dubai perspective where you think more skyscrapers spread all over the place is better. Talk to me when you guys build a clustered, walkable city like Makati CBD.
If you knew from the very beginning that Jakarta tall buildings spread beyond its CBD area so what's the point of bringing size of the core CBD here?

As you can see, Jakarta fills the gap fast, with relatively better looking and taller towers. I'm happy with it.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:42 AM

56 posts, read 8,525 times
LMAO Indonesia decentralizing progress far better than PH,.. and u only brag clark beside cebu and davao? LOL

There is Surabaya, Bandung, Medan, Palembang, Makasar, Bali, Yogyakarta, Batam, etc spread in all island
Look they have lit airport LMAO

your clark is same to Lombok when we build from scratch, soon new circuit for motogp MANDALIKA 2021 the next new bali
LOL LOL LOL

Last edited by Pagpag_Masarap; 05-16-2019 at 03:59 AM..

Old 05-16-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
If you knew from the very beginning that Jakarta tall buildings spread beyond its CBD area so what's the point of bringing size of the core CBD here?

As you can see, Jakarta fills the gap fast, with relatively better looking and taller towers. I'm happy with it.
Because we’re talking about CBDs, not just where the tall buildings are. You want to count the kampungs as part of the CBD just to make the area bigger. Im not counting those areas

Old 05-16-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutra View Post
I have a condo on Forbestown and I try to visit once every few months.

What I was saying was that I don't think the areas in-between Makati and BGC are going to grow the way you think they are.
Well BGC and Makati probably wont connect because there’s wealthy residential areas in between (Forbes Park, Dasmariñas Village). I mean technically they’re already connected in that way. But i was talking more about BGC connecting with Ortigas and Makati connecting with Ortigas. Both BGC and Makati are growing toward the North, and Ortigas is growing toward the South. I cant see this stopping anytime soon

Old 05-16-2019, 07:28 AM

621 posts, read 381,659 times
^^They would if Metro Manila has one mayor or governor that has will and vision like the current President.
Quote:
Here's Makati CBD, and this pic is old already. But see how cohesive it is? This whole part of Makati is easily walkable

BGC is developing in the same way, but with more green spaces. Ortigas has developed in the same way but not as nice. Eastwood is like this, but miniature version. Same with Newport City. Manila doesnt just build skyscrapers just to look nice.
Wow Makati so dense! If only those wealthy subdivisions around it can sacrifice living and transfer to newer areas at the suburbs of Manila like around Nuvali, Laguna or Clark and make way for more taller buildings, building up proper infrastructure it would really enhance the cosmopolitan feel of the metro and make the skyline more massive and awesome.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:41 AM

621 posts, read 381,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagpag_Masarap View Post
LMAO Indonesia decentralizing progress far better than PH,.. and u only brag clark beside cebu and davao? LOL

There is Surabaya, Bandung, Medan, Palembang, Makasar, Bali, Yogyakarta, Batam, etc spread in all island
Look they have lit airport LMAO

your clark is same to Lombok when we build from scratch, soon new circuit for motogp MANDALIKA 2021 the next new bali
LOL LOL LOL
There are so much more cities in the Philippines on the rise than the 3 you mentioned. Besides Clark, Cebu and Davao, there is Iloilo, Bacolod, Baguio, Zamboanga, Cagayan de Oro, Puerto Princesa, Tacloban, etcetera. Each of these cities has lit airports as well.

In fact (correct me if I'm wrong) Philippines has even more cities than Indonesia. It has more or less 150 cities while Indonesia has around 105?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...he_Philippines

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li...s_in_Indonesia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or