U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-16-2019, 08:06 AM
 
392 posts, read 103,724 times
Reputation: 93

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
If you knew from the very beginning that Jakarta tall buildings spread beyond its CBD area so what's the point of bringing size of the core CBD here?

As you can see, Jakarta fills the gap fast, with relatively better looking and taller towers. I'm happy with it.
In Makati, there are 4 separate skyscraper areas. The main CBD (~170 hectares), Rockwell (16 hectares), Century City (4 hectares), and Circuit Makati (newly developing- 21 hectares). Im not gonna act like all 4 of those areas and all the residential areas in between them are one big CBD because they’re not. Thats what you’re trying to say about Jakarta- that even outside the CBDs, it’s still the CBD because there’s random skyscrapers. There’s random skyscrapers in Mandaluyong and San Juan around Greenhills, but nobody calls that a CBD and nobody says its part of Ortigas CBD just because its down the road. Im sorry that Jakarta is putting up skyscrapers in a random spread out way, but that doesnt mean everywhere is part of the CBD.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2019, 03:57 PM
 
56 posts, read 8,598 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
There are so much more cities in the Philippines on the rise than the 3 you mentioned. Besides Clark, Cebu and Davao, there is Iloilo, Bacolod, Baguio, Zamboanga, Cagayan de Oro, Puerto Princesa, Tacloban, etcetera. Each of these cities has lit airports as well.

In fact (correct me if I'm wrong) Philippines has even more cities than Indonesia. It has more or less 150 cities while Indonesia has around 105?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...he_Philippines

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li...s_in_Indonesia
no wonder lah u have more cities even metro manila has more cities than Jakarta

iam not talking about many cities,...
How u decentralizing economy and development? more than half ur economy and development just near Manila?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2019, 08:11 PM
 
621 posts, read 383,013 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagpag_Masarap View Post
no wonder lah u have more cities even metro manila has more cities than Jakarta

iam not talking about many cities,...
How u decentralizing economy and development? more than half ur economy and development just near Manila?
More cities can also mean there are areas in the country where development and budget allotment can be poured out that can augment decentralizing Phils devt.

Although Indonesia maybe doing a better job A BIT decentralizing FOR NOW, it doesn't mean that Philippines isn't doing anything. In fact, New Clark City is already ongoing, federalism and constitutional amendments are on the works.

Decentralize Java first before you mock Philippines, Luzon or Manila. You are not a model of decentralization either for you to brag as if you invented that word. While Java is teeming with devt the countryside is still laid back ad lacking
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2019, 08:30 PM
 
621 posts, read 383,013 times
Reputation: 145
dp
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2019, 08:34 PM
 
621 posts, read 383,013 times
Reputation: 145
Take a good look at where urbanization and devt are centered among Philippines cities.



Red- Highly urbanized cities
Pink- Independent Component cities
Green- Component cities
White- Municipalities

Notice how teeming urbanization is somehow balanced on 3 island groups Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. MegaManila indeed is the economic powerhouse but the 2nd tier is at the center in Visayas, 3rd tier is down south Mindanao, 4th, 6th,and even 8th, 9th or 10th tier cities are not even in Luzon but down south Visayas or Mindanao.


Now take a look at Indonesia. Looks like development and urbanization are primarily centered on two islands Java and to some degree Sumatra.


Now school me and all Filipinos of the word DECENTRALIZATION. You don't have the credibility my dear to utter such thing until you have done it yourselves.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2019, 10:02 PM
 
480 posts, read 191,523 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Hopefully, the new capital will focus on administrative purpose.
Indonesia has many potential secondary cities that will grow to be big metros in the future. Unlike Philippines, Indonesia is much faster in decentralizing its development.
exctally
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2019, 10:22 PM
 
226 posts, read 52,585 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
There are so much more cities in the Philippines on the rise than the 3 you mentioned. Besides Clark, Cebu and Davao, there is Iloilo, Bacolod, Baguio, Zamboanga, Cagayan de Oro, Puerto Princesa, Tacloban, etcetera. Each of these cities has lit airports as well.

In fact (correct me if I'm wrong) Philippines has even more cities than Indonesia. It has more or less 150 cities while Indonesia has around 105?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...he_Philippines

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li...s_in_Indonesia
Number of cities means nothing. The point is how progressive they are.

Just look at these comparison



Makassar, Indonesia's 6th largest Metro, is by far more progressive than Davao (3rd metro of Philippines)



Batam, Indo's 8th largest metro, still looks more progressive than CdO (4th metro of Philippines)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2019, 10:37 PM
 
226 posts, read 52,585 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Take a good look at where urbanization and devt are centered among Philippines cities.



Red- Highly urbanized cities
Pink- Independent Component cities
Green- Component cities
White- Municipalities

Notice how teeming urbanization is somehow balanced on 3 island groups Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. MegaManila indeed is the economic powerhouse but the 2nd tier is at the center in Visayas, 3rd tier is down south Mindanao, 4th, 6th,and even 8th, 9th or 10th tier cities are not even in Luzon but down south Visayas or Mindanao.


Now take a look at Indonesia. Looks like development and urbanization are primarily centered on two islands Java and to some degree Sumatra.


Now school me and all Filipinos of the word DECENTRALIZATION. You don't have the credibility my dear to utter such thing until you have done it yourselves.
This is Makassar, Indo's 6th largest Metro located in South Sulawesi province. Tell me which city in The Philippines is more progressive than this, besides of course MetroManila and Cebu? I'll wait your answer.





And this city is still building manmade island to host new more modern CBD
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2019, 12:50 AM
 
621 posts, read 383,013 times
Reputation: 145
Videos can be subjective to judge so let's go objective even though this is already OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
This is Makassar, Indo's 6th largest Metro located in South Sulawesi province. Tell me which city in The Philippines is more progressive than this, besides of course MetroManila and Cebu? I'll wait your answer.
So brave of you to compare Davao to Makassar. Can you tell me the GDP and per capita of Makassar as I am having a hard time looking for them on google. And then we will work from there.

For now I can give you at least 5; Metro Iloilo, Metro Davao, Metro Angeles, Metro CDO and Metro Baguio.

Here's Metro Iliolo:

Aerial View


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4R36gz36_w
Street Level



Metro Angeles/Clark:
(Aerial View)

(Street Level)


Metro Baguio:
(Aerial View)



(Street Level)


Metro CDO:
(Aerial View)

(Street Level)


Metro Davao:
(Aerial View)





(Street Level)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2019, 12:50 AM
 
56 posts, read 8,598 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
More cities can also mean there are areas in the country where development and budget allotment can be poured out that can augment decentralizing Phils devt.

Although Indonesia maybe doing a better job A BIT decentralizing FOR NOW, it doesn't mean that Philippines isn't doing anything. In fact, New Clark City is already ongoing, federalism and constitutional amendments are on the works.

Decentralize Java first before you mock Philippines, Luzon or Manila. You are not a model of decentralization either for you to brag as if you invented that word. While Java is teeming with devt the countryside is still laid back ad lacking
oh well this how indonesia decentralization work


ur clark same to lombok when we build from scratch to motogp 2021


meanwhile u just prepare sea games with mini stadium, we prepare 2022 local sport event in Papua with more budget


trans papua, trans kalimantan, tans sumatra
sumatra railways, sulawesi railways
palembang lrt
bali, medan airport with skytrax rank

they all outside java
so how ph decentralization work just a bit less than indo?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top