U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2019, 03:36 AM

56 posts, read 8,553 times

Advertisements

Makasar

Passanger Port + Terminal

Airport

Reclamation Centerpoint
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Why nightshots not at broad daylight? Are you afraid to show the real city at day at streetlevel?
Manado motovlog

street view

Why need afraid?

Quote:
I can't understand your statement about Tarlac Davao blah blah sorry. Please rephrase.

We compare development of cities regardless what setting they have. You asked me cities that are more developed than Makassar I gave you at least 5. I actually have more,
so why talking about shipbuilding? like we dont have our local shipbuilding in Makasar

WATCH THIS PINOY,... hope ur build3x largest in ph history can surpass work3x second term

Indonesia Has a Grand $412 Billion Plan to Rebuild the Country
Quote:
Indonesia is drafting ambitious plans for more than $400 billion in building projects, from constructing 25 airports to new power plants, as the government seeks to stoke growth in Southeast Asia’s largest economy, according to the country’s planning minister.

The sweeping proposal calls for a record 5,957 trillion rupiah ($412 billion) in investments from 2020 to 2024, Minister Bambang Brodjonegoro said in an interview this week. As much as 40% of the total will be funded directly by the government, 25% through state-owned enterprises and the rest through the private sector, he said. About 60% of the spending will go toward transportation-related infrastructure, according to a draft of the plan seen by Bloomberg and verified by the ministry.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ld-the-country

Last edited by Pagpag_Masarap; 05-17-2019 at 05:21 AM..

Old 05-17-2019, 05:13 AM

621 posts, read 382,346 times
OMG these Indonesians are so triggered, okay enough with your Makassar videos, you were already able to showcase it more than enough and still I'm not convinced it would be above Davao nor even Iloilo, Baguio, Angeles, or even Subic/Olongapo. I think it is at the level of CDO though.

I'd love to discuss more other cities in ID and PH but then this is Jakarta vs Manila thread. Go create a thread Indonesian vs Philippine cities, I wont back down on you.

Old 05-17-2019, 05:29 AM

This Pinoy keep denial

when you brag subic did we cry like u? when u brag aerial / nightshot video did we cry like u?
instead we show u how we surpass ur subic

D
E
N
I
A
L

Last edited by Pagpag_Masarap; 05-17-2019 at 05:46 AM..

Old 05-17-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagpag_Masarap View Post
This Pinoy keep denial

when you brag subic did we cry like u? when u brag aerial / nightshot video did we cry like u?
instead we show u how we surpass ur subic

D
E
N
I
A
L
No one is in denial. You better visit these cities before you come up with your absurd conclusions. I even myself don't do absolute conclusions until I have seen them in person. Only thing is that by browsing sites, blogs, vlogs, forums and watching these videos, your Makassar didn't make so much impression for me especially that I have been to most of these cities except Davao and Iloilo. Metro Angeles/Clark and Metro Olongapo/Subic are proximate to each other and that is where I live. Many areas on both these metro can be comparable to first world cities already like BGC while the average neighborhood are even better than in Metro Manila so unless Makassar have areas as vibrant as BGC then I don't think they would make a dent on both these cities.

In the case of Baguio, the building maybe shorter and full of midrised rather than highrises, it has one of the highest living standard in the Philippines, it being a tourist city and being the summer capital of the Philippines. While in the case of Davao and Iloilo, I haven't been there but I'm pretty sure they are both better if not equal than the 3 metros I mentioned already. I had been to CDO years ago and from the videos I saw here, it seems to be comparable with Makassar though.

I just thought the essence of the original topic seems to be dragged to a different topic. As I have said, create a new thread about the said topic and I'd willingly discuss with you more.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:58 PM

226 posts, read 51,737 times
I just don't get why you try so hard to impress us with Subic, a small town full of landed houses and mid rise buildings at best?

How about Davao GDRP and GDRP percapita? I had given you figures from South Sulawesi and Makassar.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
I just don't get why you try so hard to impress us with Subic, a small town full of landed houses and mid rise buildings at best?

How about Davao GDRP and GDRP percapita? I had given you figures from South Sulawesi and Makassar.
Subic is under Metro Olongapo and it is one of the most highly-urbanized cities in the Philippines, not trying to impress you my friend, I'm just letting you know that it is more developed than what I saw with your Makassar imo. Get your facts right!

This article says it contributed 10.7% of the country's GDP which is somehow off the data shown by the PSA.

Davao City: The Rising Economic Powerhouse | Philippine Stock Market

I'll get back to you once I get the exact data. But I'm pretty sure it gets a very big percentage of the Davao Regions total GDP, perhaps about 45% and if we do a Metro Davao figure I think it would go up as 65%. But then again, I'll check further,

The point is stop comparing a city barely heard of than Davao or Subic. There is a Subic town, there is also the freeport Subic. When we say Subic we aren't referring to the town but the freeport zone. A zone adjacent to Olongapo. I hope you do more research.

Last edited by neMarL; 05-18-2019 at 12:07 AM..

Old 05-18-2019, 05:00 AM

188 posts, read 186,875 times
Quote:
Subic is under Metro Olongapo and it is one of the most highly-urbanized cities in the Philippines, not trying to impress you my friend, I'm just letting you know that it is more developed than what I saw with your Makassar imo. Get your facts right!

This article says it contributed 10.7% of the country's GDP which is somehow off the data shown by the PSA.

Davao City: The Rising Economic Powerhouse | Philippine Stock Market

I'll get back to you once I get the exact data. But I'm pretty sure it gets a very big percentage of the Davao Regions total GDP, perhaps about 45% and if we do a Metro Davao figure I think it would go up as 65%. But then again, I'll check further,

The point is stop comparing a city barely heard of than Davao or Subic. There is a Subic town, there is also the freeport Subic. When we say Subic we aren't referring to the town but the freeport zone. A zone adjacent to Olongapo. I hope you do more research.

Loool Kompare, they're now comparing other cities to ours since they know that their capital city, Jakarta will drown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwXPg1PeD6A

Bye bye Jakarta!

In the meantime while Jakarta is losing land, we are making land in Manila Bay...

And it doesn't stop with just the shore in Manila city, we're also smoothing the rough edges in the shore to the north to control frequent flooding...

(The Two Images are originally taken from Imgur and PBS and from this site: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...yond-in-SEA-IS!!!!)

Soon, Manila will look like what currently Tokyo looks like from space, with lots of islands and reclaimed areas...

(Images taken from Wikipedia)

Old 05-18-2019, 05:09 AM

Meanwhile, as Jakarta drowns due to it's position at the open ocean; the cities of Tokyo and Manila which are protected by an enclusore on their bays can simply build sea walls on the mouth of their bays and their cities wouldn't drown.

TURN TO TOKYO

Tokyo will just build islands and sea walls at the mouth of Tokyo bay to prevent the growing seas from devouring the city...

---OR---

MOVE TO MANILA

Manila can also just expand reclamation efforts on Corregidor Island in the Mouth of Manila Bay and build a causeway across it and then we're safe.

Whereas all your coastal cities get swallowed up by the sea due to a lack of landmass enveloping them, us peeps in Tokyo and Manila will just be chilling waiting out the apocalypse in our sheltered harbors as you people drown.

(All images were taken from Tapatalk)

Old 05-18-2019, 05:32 AM

This is no laughing matter though. I hope Jakarta fixes this problem because this a great tragedy in the making and I hope that Jakarta can be saved or at least her people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or