U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 09:06 PM

392 posts, read 103,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagpag_Masarap View Post
keep repeat it till you can prove when jakarta totally drown

well they're moving the capital because its sinking. So if that's not correct, then somebody is making a big mistake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 09:11 PM

56 posts, read 8,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
well they're moving the capital because its sinking. So if that's not correct, then somebody is making a big mistake
pls give me exact prove jakarta totaly drown

Old 05-18-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
pls give me exact prove jakarta totaly drown

A city can't drown. Only people drown.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
A city can't drown. Only people drown.
pls dont contradict with ur statement lah

give me exact prove totaly sink / drown

Old 05-18-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
pls dont contradict with ur statement lah

give me exact prove totaly sink / drown

When did I ever say the whole city was going to drown? I was just asking about the seawall project. It's been cancelled right?

Old 05-18-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
When did I ever say the whole city was going to drown? I was just asking about the seawall project. It's been cancelled right?
Quote:
pls give me exact prove jakarta totally sinking, the reason they move the capital

i already told u that reclamation / seawall just political issue and will continue,.. just mark my word
and u still repeating the seawall canceled when u cant prove it jakarta totally sinking

Old 05-18-2019, 09:50 PM

226 posts, read 52,448 times
Quote:
what makes you think they're going to continue with the Great Seawall when they decided to move the capital anyway? Why spend all that money to save a city that wont even be the capital anymore?
I don't get the connection between moving capital out with canceling the project. Just because we build new capital, doesn't mean Jakarta will get left behind.

Our govt has planned to allocate as much as USD 40 Billion to upgrade Jakarta's infrastructure. And only around USD 33 Billion for the new Capital City. Simply google for the publications.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:57 PM

226 posts, read 52,448 times
Quote:
I thought the Seawall project was cancelled?

Manila is sinking too and sea level rise will be a problem, like anywhere in the world. But if it ever became a problem, Manila Bay has a very small opening that can be closed up much easier than Jakarta, which faces an open ocean.
Manmade island complexes are the one that got cancelled (or I may say postponed). After this idiot current Jakarta Governor being replaced by new one in 2022, Im sure the project will be continued. Hopefully with better design.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
I don't get the connection between moving capital out with canceling the project. Just because we build new capital, doesn't mean Jakarta will get left behind.

Our govt has planned to allocate as much as USD 40 Billion to upgrade Jakarta's infrastructure. And only around USD 33 Billion for the new Capital City. Simply google for the publications.

So is the seawall project included in that 40 billion dollars?

Old 05-19-2019, 01:08 AM

Quote:
So is the seawall project included in that 40 billion dollars?
better u focusing the budget to defend ur spartly, hosting sea games and feeding ur people than focusing our project
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or