U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 08:19 PM

478 posts, read 188,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
How come they are most interested in Jakarta when for example Apple store after Singapore they will put up a store in Bangkok next? For BPOs they put it up in Manila instead of yours? Many other stores including H & M, Forever 21 or Uniqlo, Jakarta has the lowest branches as of yet among the 5 powehouse cities in Southeast Asia?

Also among the ASEAN 5 referring to their key cities, Jakarta has the least skyscrapers in the region and even the skyline. This is the ranking of the cities skyscrapers/highrise/skyline in SEA:

1. Bangkok
2. M. Manila
3. Singapore
4. Kuala Lumpur
5. Jakarta

As of 2016 world skyline ranking Bangkok is 8th, Manila 10th, SG 11th, KL is 14th and Jakarta is at 16th.

Just be thankful of the recent devts you are getting, as I am seeing growing pride to the point of ridiculing their neighbors on Facebook, Youtube and Reddit among Indonesian keyboard warriors, you still have long long shot to go and you still lag in so many key aspects among your peers in Southeast Asia.
Oh my God,( 2017 ) this is proof "Jakarta" has the most buildings than manila, bangkok, KL etc. this can open your eyes .. friends, i always write the fact !!! why in every forum "most filipino" always assume their country more than other country ??, but it really is not .hmm excuse me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...st_skyscrapers

and this : Jakarta | The 15 cities with the most skyscrapers - Travel

( Nahhhh where Manila????, Where Manila ??? ... Not in the list )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 09:45 PM

621 posts, read 381,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Oh my God,( 2017 ) this is proof "Jakarta" has the most buildings than manila, bangkok, KL etc. this can open your eyes .. friends, i always write the fact !!! why in every forum "most filipino" always assume their country more than other country ??, but it really is not .hmm excuse me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...st_skyscrapers

and this : Jakarta | The 15 cities with the most skyscrapers - Travel

( Nahhhh where Manila????, Where Manila ??? ... Not in the list )
Haha funny! You rely on wikipedia that can be edited anytime. Did you see there Manila? Nope it shows there Makati and several other Metro Manila cities split up. Here's my source a much more reliable source
:

https://tudl0867.home.xs4all.nl/skylines.html

Actually the ranking shows Bangkok at 8th, SG at 12th, KL at 14th and Jakarta at 15th. Now where is Manila? its up there at 11th higher than Jakarta. Now I think its you who need to open your eyes or visit these cities at least.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Haha funny! You rely on wikipedia that can be edited anytime. Did you see there Manila? Nope it shows there Makati and several other Metro Manila cities split up. Here's my source a much more reliable source
:

https://tudl0867.home.xs4all.nl/skylines.html

Actually the ranking shows Bangkok at 8th, SG at 12th, KL at 14th and Jakarta at 15th. Now where is Manila? its up there at 11th higher than Jakarta. Now I think its you who need to open your eyes or visit these cities at least.
Which you show link is old data, I am search for a link that I can trust as you mean, that put Makati (Manila ) in No. 11 there is no , except the link you show this.
and I try to search links like I show in my wrote , almost all show the same thing, be it wikipidia, or a medium that is highly trusted its credibility. that's why Jakarta a different class from Manila, are you angry if I compare Manila with Ho Chi Minh? because Ho Chi Minh is class is equal to manila? I think Manila is still better than Ho Chi Minh and and can not be compared with that city .Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2017, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Which you show link is old data, I am search for a link that I can trust as you mean, that put Makati (Manila ) in No. 11 there is no , except the link you show this.
and I try to search links like I show in my wrote , almost all show the same thing, be it wikipidia, or a medium that is highly trusted its credibility. that's why Jakarta a different class from Manila, are you angry if I compare Manila with Ho Chi Minh? because Ho Chi Minh is class is equal to manila? I think Manila is still better than Ho Chi Minh and and can not be compared with that city .Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!
Correct it is 2015 data. Imagine if it was 2017 data already. Probably if Chonqing isnt building much at a pace faster than Manila we could already overtake them possible at Top 10 whereas in the case of Jakarta you still have to overtake KL, Seoul and Singapore in order to overtake us let alone be in the top 10. In fact with the wikipedia page you provided on the list with 100m category and above , you would see that they eventually lumped Manila areas together and shows that Manila has higher highrises count than Jakarta.Kindly check if you haven't yet.

Are you kidding me, you can't even compare with Manila yet in many aspects and yet you are inserting Ho Chi Minh city? Why not Jakarta-Ho Chi Minh, that probably fits better. You have so many things in common, infrastructure are being done in massive pace and you are both building each your owns first mass transit system. Don't think highly of Jakarta much because although I agree that it has a potential being a capital of a very large nation but it is still not yet there. You still have so many things to work on and still have a lot of catching up to do with your neighbors.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Correct it is 2015 data. Imagine if it was 2017 data already. Probably if Chonqing isnt building much at a pace faster than Manila we could already overtake them possible at Top 10 whereas in the case of Jakarta you still have to overtake KL, Seoul and Singapore in order to overtake us let alone be in the top 10. In fact with the wikipedia page you provided on the list with 100m category and above , you would see that they eventually lumped Manila areas together and shows that Manila has higher highrises count than Jakarta.Kindly check if you haven't yet.

Are you kidding me, you can't even compare with Manila yet in many aspects and yet you are inserting Ho Chi Minh city? Why not Jakarta-Ho Chi Minh, that probably fits better. You have so many things in common, infrastructure are being done in massive pace and you are both building each your owns first mass transit system. Don't think highly of Jakarta much because although I agree that it has a potential being a capital of a very large nation but it is still not yet there. You still have so many things to work on and still have a lot of catching up to do with your neighbors.
https://vincentloy.files.wordpress.c...world2012t.jpg

We can not compare Jakarta with Ho Chi Minh, because the second class of this city is very far away different. Jakarta is always in between KL and Bangkok, it is very suitable to compare because Jakarta is a big city with a lot of progress in all areas, because Jakarta is always optimistic and always ambitious to become a developed city and always learn from city in the world which is far superior

Old 10-04-2017, 09:30 PM

Your global city ranking is outdated. Here is 2016 data:

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/gawc/images/world2016t.jpg

Jakarta and KL as Alpha+ cities.
Manila and Bangkok as Alpha- cities.
My thoughts on this is that I think Bangkok deserves better to be Alpha+ than Jkt. No offense meant, just an honest opinion.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:49 PM

83 posts, read 45,792 times
Quote:

Dude mostly your comment here is false,you write without seeing the development that happened in Jakarta now. I agree with the indo comment here, Jakarta is defferent level/class.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:03 PM

83 posts, read 45,792 times
Quote:
^^Half of that 12 million of course goes to Bali. Good for you, you have Bali. But I should say it's not Jakarta at all who makes the chunk of your tourist so it's a questionable indicator to factor out.

I'm from the Phils so it's normal for me to choose Manila. But I think to be more subjective here's my take. If you are looking for attractions, both has much to offer. For shopping, luxury item go for Jakarta but overall shopping vibrancy and experience go for Manila. For overall landscape, I think overall both cities are bad at traffic. Jakarta seems to be not a walkable city from what I usually hear, Manila in general isn't walkable and are as car-centric as Jakarta but has walkable and pedestrian friendly places in its more than 5 CBDs. They tend to be similar, but for now I rate Manila better.
Yes Manila & Jakarta have same has traffic jam
heloo dude,mall shopping in jakarta is very good when compared with mall in manila.
searching pacific place mall, grand indonesia mall, central park jakarta,neo soho , pondok indah mall etc. even a small mall with many visitors like Aeron Mall also looks good than mall in manila.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOLbe24F_1g

Old 10-12-2017, 01:25 AM

15,943 posts, read 36,139,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
Yes Manila & Jakarta have same has traffic jam
heloo dude,mall shopping in jakarta is very good when compared with mall in manila.
searching pacific place mall, grand indonesia mall, central park jakarta,neo soho , pondok indah mall etc. even a small mall with many visitors like Aeron Mall also looks good than mall in manila.
Oh oh....Indonesian posters vs Philippines posters....both doing Homerisms (just posting stuff for their respective home town).

I think the malls are really irrelevant though. No one decides to go to Manila or Jakarta based on the malls. Not only that, but the malls in the Philippines are already well-known as a very mall-centric culture and very mall-centric city. So even if Jakarta did have better malls, Manila is already well-known for theirs. (When I hear a debate like this, it just confirms that both cities offer about the exact same stuff).

I can see where 'malls' might become relevant if travelers are mall-oriented people with a penchant for shopping...and the choices were Ventianne Laos vs Manila/Jakarta. But it's not though.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 10-12-2017 at 01:47 AM..

Old 10-12-2017, 07:47 AM

88 posts, read 41,284 times
Quote:
One example. (Take note, this is not an air-conditioned mall). BGC, Taguig, Manila
Actually it is air conditioned. They have cold water sprays attached to wood panels that cools you down when walking up and down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or