U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2018, 02:36 AM

621 posts, read 383,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
In what way? Bangkok is definitely the more developed city. It’s not what the neighboring countries allow or disallow.
In so many ways, population, potential, in proportion to their country's potential, sheer size, megapolitan area, among others.

It is, because cities/countries with larger population are generally harder to manage than those with lesser pop. In time, the cities/countries with higher pop just like China and India, they mature and cope up be able to manage then they will begin trumping those below them. Only time can tell my friend, it maybe is a bit developed now but not so much. Catching up seems to be underway.

For sure, Manila and Jakarta would be the force to reckon in Southeast Asia in the coming years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 02:38 AM

Quote:
In what way? Bangkok is definitely the more developed city. It’s not what the neighboring countries allow or disallow. I was also talking specifically about infrastructure, and there is no conceivable argument that Manila has better infrastructure than Bangkok.
The CBDs in Manila are better than Bangkoks. Thats one. If they are ahead now then it is not so much. As I've mentioned, Singapore is the the only city far ahead among SEA cities.

Old 12-09-2018, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohihi View Post
Jakarta Skyline

Jakarta Sport Complex

Jakarta Airport

LRT Jabodebek (financed, constructed, and technology by Indonesian.)

High Speed Rail under construction
Largest Busway Link

What u can prove just BGC? Biggest Mall? LOL
Lol and how about yours what can you prove better?

Skyline? Manila trumps Jakarta in that department. LRT, MRT? You have a lot of catching up to do. CBDs? You certainly need to improve more to compare Manilas CBDs. Malls? You have more numerous luxury malls, we have larger and more selections, the whole shopping experience is totally subjective. Vibrance? Walkability? Quality of life? Jakarta needs to catch up more. Climate change resiliency? The list goes on and on and on.

Anyway you have larger stadiums but we have larger arenas. Soccer vs basketball.

Oh your airport, not so much buzz to reckon, it's just like most airports in the world. Nothing so breakthrough abt it.

Last edited by neMarL; 12-09-2018 at 02:50 AM..

Old 12-09-2018, 02:58 AM

22,143 posts, read 23,668,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
In so many ways, population, potential, in proportion to their country's potential, sheer size, megapolitan area, among others.

It is, because cities/countries with larger population are generally harder to manage than those with lesser pop. In time, the cities/countries with higher pop just like China and India, they mature and cope up be able to manage then they will begin trumping those below them. Only time can tell my friend, it maybe is a bit developed now but not so much. Catching up seems to be underway.

For sure, Manila and Jakarta would be the force to reckon in Southeast Asia in the coming years.
Quote:
The CBDs in Manila are better than Bangkoks. Thats one. If they are ahead now then it is not so much. As I've mentioned, Singapore is the the only city far ahead among SEA cities.
Absolutely not. Size doesn’t matter as they’re all megacities. Bangkok is visibly much more developed as it doesn’t have the slums, the homeless including child beggers, the crime, the general state of things like roads and sidewalks, and what I was talking about earlier, infrastructure including mass transit. Bangkok is somewhere between Singapore and Jakarta/Manila in development, and then Kuala Lumpur is somewhere between Singapore and Bangkok. Go ahead and look around online for other people’s experiences—there’s virtually no reasonable argument for Manila being more developed than Bangkok unless you’re going solely for how sparkly the top mall is.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Absolutely not. Size doesn’t matter as they’re all megacities. Bangkok is visibly much more developed as it doesn’t have the slums, the homeless including child beggers, the crime, the general state of things like roads and sidewalks, and what I was talking about earlier, infrastructure including mass transit. Bangkok is somewhere between Singapore and Jakarta/Manila in development, and then Kuala Lumpur is somewhere between Singapore and Bangkok. Go ahead and look around online for other people’s experiences—there’s virtually no reasonable argument for Manila being more developed than Bangkok unless you’re going solely for how sparkly the top mall is.
Of course it does! Wrong, time can only tell.
You sure no slums haha? Google Klong Toey. Lol.

Go ahead and look around online the CBDs too in SEA and check every conceivable argument. False, Bangkok is just the rosier Manila. As I've mentioned catching up is not far-fetched.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:06 AM

392 posts, read 103,724 times
Manila has better CBDs. There's nothing in Bangkok or Jakarta that can touch BGC in Manila.

If so, please find me anywhere in Bangkok or Jakarta that looks like this and is around the same size
https://goo.gl/maps/esRhHxATDD22
https://goo.gl/maps/Swf8GjPMQbx

No, it's not a mall. It's a dense, well-developed and walkable downtown area

Bangkok is so haphazardly planned that it hasnt developed that type of CBD yet

Old 12-09-2018, 03:08 AM

Quote:
no one eat pagpag here
dont tell your old video about criminal selling rotten food here

at least Jakarta not reckon as dangerous city like Manila
at least our airport not reckon as the worst airport like NAIA
Lol as if you don't have it too haha. Dangerous city? According to whom? To you? Yes Browns novels mentions it the "gates of hell". The everlasting "city of man" ,Man-nila, right. But theres more to Manila city as Metro Manila is a concurbation of 16 cities and 1 town. Do your research more.

Looks like more of a terminal rather than an airport. Keep researching buddy.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Manila has better CBDs. There's nothing in Bangkok or Jakarta that can touch BGC in Manila.

If so, please find me anywhere in Bangkok or Jakarta that looks like this and is around the same size
https://goo.gl/maps/esRhHxATDD22

No, it's not a mall. It's a dense, well-developed and walkable downtown area

Bangkok is so haphazardly planned that it hasnt developed that type of CBD yet
Ikr, they are just basing their argument on hearsays. Kudos to them.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:18 AM

22,143 posts, read 23,668,851 times
Quote:
Of course it does! Wrong, time can only tell.
You sure no slums haha? Google Klong Toey. Lol.

Go ahead and look around online the CBDs too in SEA and check every conceivable argument. False, Bangkok is just the rosier Manila. As I've mentioned catching up is not far-fetched.
As someone who has gone along for development work and is familiar with Khlong Toei, no, that is not comparable and aside from that is not representative of a particularly common level of development. In regards to slums and poverty, Bangkok is much rosiee than Manila. Sure, time can only tell—that’s fine as shorly after WWII, it was commonly thought that the Philippines and Burma were going to have the easiest time in Southeast/East Asia and quickly become developed countries.

Obviously things changed course for both countries relative to others and that can happen again and there are so many factors that a very long-range prediction isn’t worth much. I agree with that, so I’m only talking about today and the likely near future when I say that there is absolutely no reasonable argument that Manila is more developed than Bangkok as there are certainly enough areas/sectors where Bangkok performs substantially better than Manila now.

And though we’ve wandered a bit, once again, my reference to Bangkok waa a comparison of infrastructure. Even in this limited scope, I don’t see a reasonable argument for how Manila’s infrastructure is better. I’ve ridden the system there and there is no comparison.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:20 AM

392 posts, read 103,724 times
Quote:
u can use youtube / googling ur slum using 2018 data, keyword jakarta slum, manila slum, thailand slum

you can see Manila more worst

The worst parts of Jakarta and Bangkok look the same as the worst parts of Manila

The middle class areas of Jakarta and Bangkok look the same as the middle class areas of Manila

But the nicest parts of Jakarta and Bangkok dont look as nice as the nicest parts of Manila.

Still waiting on anywhere in Jakarta that looks like this and covers the same amount of space (around 250 hectares and still growing and filling in every day)

I doubt Jakarta or Bangkok even have an area equivalent to Eastwood, which is just 17 hectares

Manila has a lot of CBDs like that. Eastwood is one of the smaller ones, BGC is one of the bigger ones. Manila has a lot of problems, but they do really well with CDBs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or