U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 07:25 AM

621 posts, read 381,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
Dude mostly your comment here is false,you write without seeing the development that happened in Jakarta now. I agree with the indo comment here, Jakarta is defferent level/class.
I know for sure somehow development happening in Jakarta. But do you think Manila is not developing as much or even faster than Jakarta?

Yes I agree, they are different level, because you are at lower level. I'm just kidding though. For me Jakarta and Manila are on the same league. It's just that for me Manila is slightly ahead of Jakarta. It all boils down to preference though. So if it is what you prefer, then so be it. Needless to say, that's what I prefer too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 07:32 AM

15,943 posts, read 36,139,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
I know for sure somehow development happening in Jakarta. But do you think Manila is not developing as much or even faster than Jakarta?

Yes I agree, they are different level, because you are at lower level. I'm just kidding though. For me Jakarta and Manila are on the same league. It's just that for me Manila is slightly ahead of Jakarta. It all boils down to preference though. So if it is what you prefer, then so be it. Needless to say, that's what I prefer too.
Yeah, I see them as the same league. Jakarta will appeal to Indonesians, and Manila will appeal to Filipinos.

As for which appeals to a non-Filipino, non-Indonesian...that would be interesting.

Old 10-14-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles XII View Post
Actually it is air conditioned. They have cold water sprays attached to wood panels that cools you down when walking up and down.
In some parts probably, (I see those stuff but it seems to be only water not that cold though, though it somehow helps). What I mean was an enclosed building air-conditioning type.

Quote:
Yes Manila & Jakarta have same has traffic jam
heloo dude,mall shopping in jakarta is very good when compared with mall in manila.
searching pacific place mall, grand indonesia mall, central park jakarta,neo soho , pondok indah mall etc. even a small mall with many visitors like Aeron Mall also looks good than mall in manila.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOLbe24F_1g
Have you been to Manila too? I already know the malls you are referring. How did you know that malls in Jakarta are better than malls in Manila? By simply going to Youtube or Google? I wont even comment much on that. I stand with what I said, Jakarta has more luxurious malls but when it comes to overall shopping/mall vibrancy, I give it to Manila.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Yeah, I see them as the same league. Jakarta will appeal to Indonesians, and Manila will appeal to Filipinos.

As for which appeals to a non-Filipino, non-Indonesian...that would be interesting.
Right, to each his own.

That would be interesting though for those who has spent quite enough time on both cities, for example those who are expats who lived on both edge of the road. And others who are quite reliable in a certain substantial degree.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:05 AM

15,943 posts, read 36,139,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
That would be interesting though for those who has spent quite enough time on both cities, for example those who are expats who lived on both edge of the road. And others who are quite reliable in a certain substantial degree.
Definitely! I am somewhat familiar with Manila/Makati. (Been there around 7-8 times), but Manila being what it is - i.e. a really spread out metro. I can't really say I really know it.

I've been Jakarta once, and I just stayed at Jalan Jaksa and went to Bloc M. I can't say I know Jakarta at all from that short visit.

I can say that the both reminded me of each other, quite a bit, though. Regarding malls, both cities have a lot of them, and I did see them in both cities. I have no idea what would make one of them a better mall city though. It's like trying to compare Paris and New York for walk-ability...they both have a ton of it.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Definitely! I am somewhat familiar with Manila/Makati. (Been there around 7-8 times), but Manila being what it is - i.e. a really spread out metro. I can't really say I really know it.

I've been Jakarta once, and I just stayed at Jalan Jaksa and went to Bloc M. I can't say I know Jakarta at all from that short visit.

I can say that the both reminded me of each other, quite a bit, though. Regarding malls, both cities have a lot of them, and I did see them in both cities. I have no idea what would make one of them a better mall city though. It's like trying to compare Paris and New York for walk-ability...they both have a ton of it.
Ah okay that explains why.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:58 PM

5 posts, read 3,355 times
Are you only considering traveling to the city? Don't you want to see some of the great provinces of the Philippines like Boracay, Bohol, Palawan, Davao & Ilocos? You'll definitely enjoy the sceneries there rather than in Metro Manila.

Old 10-14-2017, 02:17 PM

1,158 posts, read 2,020,178 times
Yes, If i choose Manila then I would stay in the Philippines and also go to Boracay and Palawan especially.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:07 PM

478 posts, read 188,814 times
Quote:
Yes Manila & Jakarta have same has traffic jam
heloo dude,mall shopping in jakarta is very good when compared with mall in manila.
searching pacific place mall, grand indonesia mall, central park jakarta,neo soho , pondok indah mall etc. even a small mall with many visitors like Aeron Mall also looks good than mall in manila.
Winnyc,Manila also many have good shopping place, there is only a dislike if jakarta city is more than manila city . he write jakarta has a lower building than any other city of se asian, this is very annoying.but no problem, the reality is not like that.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:52 PM

478 posts, read 188,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
When I go again to SouthEast Asia should I go to Jakarta or Manila? I like big cities for all their attractions but both of these cities get something of a bad rap. Only want to go to one or the other and maybe explore other sites nearby.
you want to go to a city in southeast asian a modern city, an interesting shopping place or feel good food and meet with tribe of many ethnic grup in Indonesia, jakarta is the place. but jakarta is still a low by foreign tourists to visit. today a lot of foreign investment has increased recently. and the second city is expensive after singapore.

Vidio of Some interesting places In Jakarta

Skywalk in Neo Soho Jakarta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWdNzRlEiAs

View of Jakarta in the Night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt3HIKb6UC0

Old 10-16-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Winnyc,Manila also many have good shopping place, there is only a dislike if jakarta city is more than manila city . he write jakarta has a lower building than any other city of se asian, this is very annoying.but no problem, the reality is not like that.
This is an overview of the panorama and skyline of Manila (just for images to show & for the sake of argument, not to be accused of mere-talk and claim-without-proof). In the case of Jkt it's not annoying to be the premier city with least highrises in Southeast Asia at the moment but an opportunity to improve and to strive more as long as you recognize and admit it.

Orysya Yurkevych

yaan_177

Eileen Marquez

jamesviado

huang_di

James Viado

Rain De Guzman

Michael "Casty" Castañeda

Gaya Ravid

Max Abasolo

view from McKinley Hill, Taguig City, by http://instagram.com/anasalwi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or