U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-21-2019, 05:52 AM
 
621 posts, read 382,346 times
Reputation: 145

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Offset? What kind of joke is that?

BRT is different from regular buses honey. Jakarta also has tons of regular buses all over the city. But one can easily tell whether it's BRT or regular bus. By your logic, MRT and LRT are no different from commuter line and regular train then. Build one lah so you know what it's like.

Look again at those traffic ranking, is Manila or Philippines even there, Honey?
Is Manila too unimportant so they don't get the urge to include it. I'm seriously asking.
Of course because only the worst are there lah. And did you see lah the other ranking lah? Manila was there and yet Jakarta is still worse no matter what you say.

The only difference sweetheart with your BRT is that they have dèdicated lanes and can go 2 coaches but it is no different than premium buses my dear in Manila dont be too consumed with your BRT. I thought you have been to Manila already. Poor of you did not see some of them? Unfounded pride lah

Bonus we have foreign vlogger(s) doing Manilas transporation improvements. Do you have one lah?

P2P Buses / Ube Express









BGC Bus








Add to that Manila has a River Ferry system too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2019, 12:18 PM
 
392 posts, read 102,328 times
Reputation: 93
Notice how in the Jakarta travel vlogs, only 1 video shows the vloggers out walking around, exploring the city. The rest of the ones you posted show them in the airport, in indoor malls, on the bus, and then lots of videos where they're in the car. Another is on the islands, so I guess that counts as exploring the city. Choose better videos. You make it look like Jakarta is only good for being in the airport, in a mall or being stuck inside some vehicle.

Now look at the Manila vlogs. They're all walking around outside, actually enjoying the city. I only posted 1 mall video, but for the majority of the video, they weren't even in a mall. You posted an entire video of a couple in a mall, like a mall is supposed to be special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2019, 12:55 PM
 
392 posts, read 102,328 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohihi View Post
Its so funny this Pinoy logic,... they fell happy when visitor can walking but wrong if use car
Then they bragging when foreigner give positive feedback toward their city, but when i post about Jakarta they ask another qualification
Try HARDER bro
No. You could have picked better videos. You're not showing anything appealing about Jakarta through those travel vlogs. I'm not visiting a city for it's airport, because once I get to the airport, I'm leaving to see the city. I'm not visiting a city to ride on a highway or walk around a mall. People want to walk around and explore the city, but you make it look like that's impossible. Only 1 video has people walking around. Tourists actually like cities where they can walk around outside. That's why European cities are so popular. People dont visit them for the airport, for the highways, or for the malls.

And even though most US cities aren't very walkable, even Americans prefer walkable areas. Just look at the topics people talk about on the US Forum
City with multiple affordable walkable areas?
Best/Nicest Walkable Suburban Towns (where a car is truly unnecessary)
Which city West of the Mississippi has the most walkable vernacular? (Outside of SF)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2019, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
1,586 posts, read 1,949,986 times
Reputation: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
I'm not visiting a city to ride on a highway or walk around a mall.
I dunno, Mall of Asia is definitely worth a visit. And it's better than any mall in Jakarta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
even though most US cities aren't very walkable, even Americans prefer walkable areas.
I can confirm that. It's a big selling point for local real estate. Towns with walk through main streets have much higher property values values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2019, 01:17 PM
 
392 posts, read 102,328 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
I dunno, Mall of Asia is definitely worth a visit. And it's better than any mall in Jakarta.



I can confirm that. It's a big selling point for local real estate. Towns with walk through main streets have much higher property values values.

Mall of Asia is definitely not the best mall, and I'm sure there are much better malls in Jakarta.

Greenbelt is the best mall because it doesnt look like a mall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g4QwGq8r5U

It's basically a park surrounded by 5 interconnected buildings. All around the park are outdoor cafes and several levels of terraces with more cafes overlooking the park. There's also a nice museum called the Ayala Museum, which is all about Philippine history. Across the street, it's connected to 2 other malls and an MRT station. So the whole area is like a walkable city of it's own. You can get anything you'd ever need just by walking around.

The best traditional indoor malls are probably Shangrila Plaza, SM Aura, and Powerplant Mall. I also personally prefer SM Megamall. It looks and feels a lot bigger than SM Megamall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2019, 01:34 PM
 
392 posts, read 102,328 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohihi View Post
Blah, Blah, Blah, Im not visiting city for those pedestrian walk

Of course you're not, because you're from Jakarta, where the thought of walking anywhere outside is insane. You visit cities to drive on the highway and walk around the mall. Ok, got it. I think you'd like Houston Texas or Atlanta. Atlanta also has a really nice airport. So it has big malls, big highways (with plenty of traffic), and the biggest airport in the world. I guess that makes Atlanta the best city in the world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2019, 01:47 PM
 
392 posts, read 102,328 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohihi View Post
Nope, as u said, u dont visit country for airport, same to me i dont visit country for those pedestrian

I prefer country to explore culture, history, food, nature, experience etc2 and for me Jakarta, Hanoi, Bangkok win this

Ok, well then you should have posted better videos. Only 1 was exploring the food, the other was exploring the nature (Jakarta islands). The rest were exploring the highways, malls, and airport. Lots of pointless car videos. You're not promoting your city very well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2019, 02:35 PM
 
392 posts, read 102,328 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohihi View Post
oh dont contradict with those argument before
u want playing with percapita pointless so let me start braging with those car owner percapita
look at the whole list lah

and i post many video and picture about jakarta food, history, interesting spot, etc,.. dont be blind

I already said that Jakarta has more cars (per capita and in raw numbers) So why are you trying to prove something I've already said? I've said many times, Jakarta is a city built more for cars, Manila is built more for pedestrians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2019, 05:34 PM
 
621 posts, read 382,346 times
Reputation: 145
Wow pointless argument hohohihi, show them manolopo the flashy cars in Burgos Circle and Circuit Makati. He/she is probably the type of person who is to see is to believe. Better yet come here, I'll tour you for free so you can see how more vibrant and better Manila is. Then if you can also do the retuŕn favor take me to a Jakarta tour to prove your point how much better it is.

My favorite malls/shopping centers in Metro Manila are Greenbelt, SM Aura, Bonifacio High Street, Powerplant Mall, the new Festival Supermall, Robinsons Magnolia, UP Town Center, The Podium and SM Mall of Asia.

Last edited by neMarL; 01-21-2019 at 05:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2019, 05:53 PM
 
621 posts, read 382,346 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohihi View Post
Percapita number vehicle far more than u,
Jakarta percapita income more
Poverty less than u
High end brand open in jakarta

Thats indicator how rich and classy jakarta
Can you first show link where it states Jakarta have more cars than Manila? Then we'll expound later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top