U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 06:36 PM

226 posts, read 52,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Did I say Indonesia have? Reading comprehension fail. Did I say Indonesia or world? Just bang your head, that way you would probably understand the sentence premise.
I love your sarcasm, read it ...
Quote:
And do you have already extensive hyperloop system in the world that we can behold? We do the actual visualization of realistic assessment not the thing of the future.

Anyway, I'll be nice to you. Here I give you, who say BRT is no different from Premium P2P bus or whatever, a video about BRT in Southeast Asia ... And hey, Manila actually is there too

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 06:46 PM

392 posts, read 103,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohihi View Post
so whats ur problem then?

The problem is alpha beta gamma doesnt measure quality of life. It just measures economic power. That index doesnt tell me about the quality of life for citizens or foreigners. Both of the indexes I posted do

so for example, Jakarta and Manila are more economically powerful than cities like Vancouver or Abu Dhabi, that's why they're ranked several levels higher. But that does not indicate in any way that Manila and Jakarta have a better quality of life than Vancouver or Abu Dhabi. Not even close.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:48 PM

480 posts, read 191,194 times
Hi manolop ..the survey is confusing how Jakarta has a good quality of life in comparison still low manila. Jakarta does not have many beggars, pickpockets, bad city infrastructure, poverty and so on. Manila always depends on foreign assistance especially America

Old 01-23-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Hi manolop ..the survey is confusing how Jakarta has a good quality of life in comparison still low manila. Jakarta does not have many beggars, pickpockets, bad city infrastructure, poverty and so on. Manila always depends on foreign assistance especially America

maybe go work for the Economist or Mercer so you can have more influence on the rankings. Since you know everything

Old 01-23-2019, 09:01 PM

Just like LRT Palembang, LRT Jabodebek will use trains made locally by PT INKA

Sumber detik.com

Old 01-24-2019, 02:40 AM

Jakarta sparkling night
Some buildings really look interesting at night with their light shows.

FWD Tower

Telkom Landmark Tower

Taman Anggrek Mall

GBK main stadium

Old 01-24-2019, 10:51 PM

^ The buildings in the video look nice and fancy, but they lack substance to me, and they're not anything to actually experience. It's more about looking glitzy and glamorous. Maybe Jakarta just has a different philosophy on things. I guess if it appeals to them, that's fine.

One thing I like about BGC is that many of the skyscrapers have canvases on the sides for artists to paint murals. Some of them are small, some are huge and cover the whole side of the building. There's art all over the city, at least 25 different paintings, and there's also a lot of big sculptures too. People can walk around, get up close and experience the art.

Street art starts around 1:20 in the video

You can see more here BGC street art here
https://www.traveling-up.com/art-in-...murals-in-bgc/

Old 01-25-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
^ The buildings in the video look nice and fancy, but they lack substance to me, and they're not anything to actually experience. It's more about looking glitzy and glamorous. Maybe Jakarta just has a different philosophy on things. I guess if it appeals to them, that's fine.

One thing I like about BGC is that many of the skyscrapers have canvases on the sides for artists to paint murals. Some of them are small, some are huge and cover the whole side of the building. There's art all over the city, at least 25 different paintings, and there's also a lot of big sculptures too. People can walk around, get up close and experience the art.

Street art starts around 1:20 in the video

You can see more here BGC street art here
https://www.traveling-up.com/art-in-...murals-in-bgc/
I dunno what you mean by lack substance, one of main things that attracts so many tourists to city like HongKong is its lightshow. Of course Jakarta isn't there yet, not even near, but it's surely nice to sip your coffee at night, looking those sparkling buildings from afar.

Street art like mural suits best at area where gloomy concrete dominates, to add a lil color and joy. While towers in Jakarta are mostly glassy and sleek, so big no no to have things like that in our downtown area.

Surely, each city has it's own way to look appealing to its citizen.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:53 AM

The lights are nice and all, but you can only see them at night. What gives those areas vibrancy during the day? How do people experience those areas besides driving around and looking at skyscrapers. Or walking around an indoor mall

And you're right. Most of the murals in BGC are on concrete buildings. Most of the glass buildings dont have them, but some do. Some glass buildings are built with a large blank canvas at the bottom for murals. Like these below:

The Bonifacio Global City (BGC) Art Murals ⋆ TenZeroFour TenZeroFour

https://www.leftoverjinx.com/2016/09...-bgc-2016.html

And on other non-concrete buildings

https://kojiarsua.com/2017/12/11/che...murals-at-bgc/

I'm not sure if this one is concrete of not, but it looks really nice
https://kojiarsua.com/2017/12/11/check-out-the-new-public-art-murals-at-bgc/

Here's an ASEAN mural. It has Indonesia on it

https://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awe...-bgc-2017.html

It's like BGC is turning into a free public art museum

Old 01-25-2019, 03:05 AM

621 posts, read 382,847 times
^^I actually like buildings with lightings and symphony shows and I think we have them in Metro Manila too. I can add fountains and streetscape with beautiful lightings in Manila later ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
I love your sarcasm, read it ...

Anyway, I'll be nice to you. Here I give you, who say BRT is no different from Premium P2P bus or whatever, a video about BRT in Southeast Asia ... And hey, Manila actually is there too
Idk but you seem to not comprehend much what is being thrown to you.

Okay let me get this straight. How do you understand this? I added some words for you to better understand it in bold letters.
Quote:
And do you(or do we) have already extensive hyperloop system in the world that we can behold? We do the actual visualization of realistic assessment not the thing of the future.
Versus "Does Jakarta or Indonesia already have extensive hyperloop system that the world can behold?" I was asking, if there is already an existing extensive hyperloop system anywhere in the world available. Of course I know Jakarta doesn't have one, clear as the morning sun. You did not get the context of the statement and has difficulty understanding it. Worst case, you might even suspected me asking if YOU personally own a hyperloop system instead of Jakarta or the world just because you cant read between the lines.

Now for the BRT try reading between the lines too. Notice the letters/words in bold.
Quote:
The only difference sweetheart with your BRT is that they have dèdicated lanes and can go 2 coaches but it is no different than premium buses my dear in Manila dont be too consumed with your BRT. I thought you have been to Manila already. Poor of you did not see some of them? Unfounded pride lah

Bonus we have foreign vlogger(s) doing Manilas transporation improvements. Do you have one lah?
You can tell me more of any other differences other than what I pointed out.

Last edited by neMarL; 01-25-2019 at 03:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or