U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-09-2017, 07:46 AM
 
10 posts, read 22,414 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Yes because some eat a lot worse than pagpag? lol
What is worse than Pag pag? Do you even know what pag pag means?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2017, 08:03 AM
 
10 posts, read 22,414 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Oh oh....Indonesian posters vs Philippines posters....both doing Homerisms (just posting stuff for their respective home town).

I think the malls are really irrelevant though. No one decides to go to Manila or Jakarta based on the malls. Not only that, but the malls in the Philippines are already well-known as a very mall-centric culture and very mall-centric city. So even if Jakarta did have better malls, Manila is already well-known for theirs. (When I hear a debate like this, it just confirms that both cities offer about the exact same stuff).

I can see where 'malls' might become relevant if travelers are mall-oriented people with a penchant for shopping...and the choices were Ventianne Laos vs Manila/Jakarta. But it's not though.
I personally feel malls are indicators of the upper middle class instead of the lower and the poor one, and so it does not picture the real condition of the bottom half. What we need to see is the distribution of the wealth which I guess Indonesia does bad (Jakarta in particular) (Indonesia ranks 2nd unequal in ASEAN after Thailand) But our president does real good thing on infrastructure projects (WEF infrastructure ranking) surrounding the nation so I guess the slums will be cleared up in the next few years since they returned to each villages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2017, 08:12 AM
 
621 posts, read 381,659 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryoseno11 View Post
What is worse than Pag pag? Do you even know what pag pag means?
Worse is when you have nothing to eat at all or if you only eat once a day with salt as viand, isnt it? And what do you think of me, a person who live out of this world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2017, 08:22 AM
 
10 posts, read 22,414 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Worse is when you have nothing to eat at all or if you only eat once a day with salt as viand, isnt it? And what do you think of me, a person who live out of this world?
I'm not quite sure theres someone who has nothing to eat? If theres a person who eat once a day it will be spreaded on news quickly and the gov has the assistance program as far as I know. I think the last question doesn't relate to the topic. either that or I don't understand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2017, 06:58 AM
 
621 posts, read 381,659 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryoseno11 View Post
I'm not quite sure theres someone who has nothing to eat? If theres a person who eat once a day it will be spreaded on news quickly and the gov has the assistance program as far as I know. I think the last question doesn't relate to the topic. either that or I don't understand
Oh really it would be put on the news? I never thought Indonesia is that great when it comes to welfare.

It was meant for your pagpag question, what do you think of me living out of this world to not know what pagpag is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2017, 04:19 AM
 
10 posts, read 22,414 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Oh really it would be put on the news? I never thought Indonesia is that great when it comes to welfare.

It was meant for your pagpag question, what do you think of me living out of this world to not know what pagpag is?
Keluarga Ini Hanya Mampu Makan Sekali Sehari, Sang Anak Sering Sakit Perut - Kompas.com

Heres one few of them.. (Go translate it on google translate) although its on outside in remote area of kalimantan. I tried very hard to find one in Jakarta, there seems to be none I hope.. I asked one of my Filipino friends about pag pag... they don't know what they are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2017, 04:41 AM
 
621 posts, read 381,659 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryoseno11 View Post
Keluarga Ini Hanya Mampu Makan Sekali Sehari, Sang Anak Sering Sakit Perut - Kompas.com

Heres one few of them.. (Go translate it on google translate) although its on outside in remote area of kalimantan. I tried very hard to find one in Jakarta, there seems to be none I hope.. I asked one of my Filipino friends about pag pag... they don't know what they are?
If they don't know, that only means that it isn't popular at all. It maybe still be available to a very limited number of people specially those that are bastards, homeless and people who are mentally ill which had become popular way back 2008. However, fast forward, currently, I don't think that pagpag thing is no longer a big concern. For those who don't know "pagpag", it means leftover foods from restaurants that are recycled and recooked into a different recipe. Even homeless and mentally ill people in first world countries would tend to eat those, it's not limited to the Phils alone. The poverty that I know of in the Phils grassroots community is eating more rice even with less viand just to fill the stomach but then again its rare that they would eat once a day.

In the Philippines we have what we call 4Ps and pensions to elderly even if they have not contributed to social or govt insurance services when they were young.

Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program | Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2017, 09:34 AM
 
10 posts, read 22,414 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
If they don't know, that only means that it isn't popular at all. It maybe still be available to a very limited number of people specially those that are bastards, homeless and people who are mentally ill which had become popular way back 2008. However, fast forward, currently, I don't think that pagpag thing is no longer a big concern. For those who don't know "pagpag", it means leftover foods from restaurants that are recycled and recooked into a different recipe. Even homeless and mentally ill people in first world countries would tend to eat those, it's not limited to the Phils alone. The poverty that I know of in the Phils grassroots community is eating more rice even with less viand just to fill the stomach but then again its rare that they would eat once a day.

In the Philippines we have what we call 4Ps and pensions to elderly even if they have not contributed to social or govt insurance services when they were young.

Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program | Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines
if we want to discuss about these unrelated topics just private message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2018, 01:53 AM
 
478 posts, read 188,814 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
When I go again to SouthEast Asia should I go to Jakarta or Manila? I like big cities for all their attractions but both of these cities get something of a bad rap. Only want to go to one or the other and maybe explore other sites nearby.
comparison between Manila Vs Jakarta

https://trip101.com/article/manila-vs-jakarta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2018, 07:39 AM
 
9,334 posts, read 19,455,420 times
Reputation: 4442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles XII View Post
Actually it is air conditioned. They have cold water sprays attached to wood panels that cools you down when walking up and down.
They do.. I was there a week and got nothing,


I would say. Org cities are similar and call it a draw, Manila dies have Intramuros which I found interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top