U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2019, 02:57 AM

95 posts, read 20,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
is there a difference between manila and marina bay ??

I think Jakarta can claim this looks like New York

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJc0dr9PDZY
dunno but some pinoy here want walkable + more people activity

This Mutiara

This Marina

This Ancol Beach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 08:38 PM

480 posts, read 191,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
is there a difference between manila and marina bay ??

I think Jakarta can claim this looks like New York

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJc0dr9PDZY
Exctally ! btw most building in Jakarta is modern and sophisticated . I'm was amazed by the apartment building pantai mutiara pluit very classy (north Jakarta) I am sure the inhabitants many rich people
How about Manila ... do have buildings like this ??

Old 03-06-2019, 12:53 AM

49 posts, read 9,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pagpag View Post
If u want looking for iconic structure and unesco site as u describe then go ahead to that city no one stop u here.
But dont attempts to downplay just for iconic structure / unesco site that Jakarta cant offer other thing here

The fact Manila has unesco site but cant attract more visitor than in Jakarta
Yes, it's all because Monas, being such an iconic structure, is on most people's bucket list. Bali, which also has a unesco site, has nothing to do with Jakarta's higher tourism numbers. None whatsoever. Right?

Old 03-06-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post
Yes, it's all because Monas, being such an iconic structure, is on most people's bucket list. Bali, which also has a unesco site, has nothing to do with Jakarta's higher tourism numbers. None whatsoever. Right?
How u sure all because monas?
Are u already survey all experince from 3 million visitor in Jakarta?

Anyway, if u said because monas, so thats mean monas more attracting than unesco site in manila.
Right?

Old 03-06-2019, 05:40 PM

392 posts, read 103,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Exctally ! btw most building in Jakarta is modern and sophisticated . I'm was amazed by the apartment building pantai mutiara pluit very classy (north Jakarta) I am sure the inhabitants many rich people

No, we dont have any buildings like that. Not that I know of. I like how the waterways are integrated into the neighborhoods. Our "rich neighborhoods" aren't close to the water, they're more inland. But Bay City is developing and may soon have a lot of residential areas, but right now it's mostly just entertainment rather than residential

Old 03-07-2019, 02:01 PM

621 posts, read 382,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
There is a similarly but somehow different designed buildings like those in Manila from a known architect but the only thing is that they are beside a river(same river where river ferry passes through) rather than the sea. It's called Proscenium located in Rockwell. Rockwell, in fact is cool as just that.

@0:49

Also, just across the river, there's another cool condominium called Acqua Private Residences.

Paris Hilton also has a beach club condotel somewhere in the metro. Does Jakarta have like this?

The most similar building I know of as that one is the one in Singapore though.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:39 AM

This is from Greenpeace's World Air Quality Report. It's measuring the amount of air pollution. These graphs are specifically about Southeast Asian cities

Source

It has Metro Manila's cities separated into different cities. From the "most polluted cities" listed, Caloocan (11) is in Metro Manila. From the "least polluted cities" listed, Valenzuela (2), Paranaque (5), Makati (7), Manila (8), Mandaluyong (9), Quezon City (13), and Las Pinas (15) are all in Metro Manila. I wish they would have just used Metro Manila as a whole as one city. But anyways, you can see that Jakarta has much more polluted air than Manila.

But even with Jakarta being number 1 most air-polluted in Southeast, it's still 161 out of the world ranking. So it's not even close to being the most polluted city in the world.

The Sustainable Cities Index also has Jakarta scoring worse than Manila when it comes to environment ("planet" in the graph below)

Source

Manila also has more green spaces compare to Jakarta. 9% in Jakarta vs 13% in Manila. I know Jakarta has islands, but those only account for a small percent of the land area.

Manila's largest green space (La Mesa Eco Park & Nature Reserve) is 2,700 hectares, and most of that is rainforest which was replanted in the last 20 years

There's nowhere in Jakarta that has that much continuous green space.

Having better air quality and more green space are some of the reasons why Manila has a higher quality of life than Jakarta.

Last edited by manolopo; 03-10-2019 at 11:55 AM..

Old 03-10-2019, 11:26 PM

He come back with cherry picking some aspect

Talking about enviroment

Overall Green Cities Index
https://www.siemens.com/entry/cc/fea...rt_summary.pdf
above average : Singapore
average : Bangkok, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur
below average : Hanoi, Manila

at the end of story those quality of life is not effecting the real situation,..
Jakarta more visitor, more rich, more impact to global stage; thats the real deal

Survey: Manila is ‘worst place in South East Asia’
Read more at https://www.philstar.com/lifestyle/t...MgvcMdpqAxK.99

Koh Samui, Thailand (5 votes)

Pak Beng, Laos (5 votes)

Hanoi, Vietnam (6 votes)

Cebu City, Philippines (6 votes)

Khao San Road, Bangkok, Thailand (7 votes)

Medan, Sumatra, Indonesia (7 votes)

Pattaya, Thailand (8 votes)

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (8 votes)

Kuta, Bali, Indonesia (9 votes)

Phuket, Thailand (11 votes)

Sihanoukville, Cambodia (14 votes)

Phnom Penh, Cambodia (15 votes)

Manila, Philippines (17 votes)

Old 03-11-2019, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pagpag View Post
He come back with cherry picking some aspect

Talking about enviroment

Overall Green Cities Index
https://www.siemens.com/entry/cc/fea...rt_summary.pdf
above average : Singapore
average : Bangkok, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur
below average : Hanoi, Manila

at the end of story those quality of life is not effecting the real situation,..
Jakarta more visitor, more rich, more impact to global stage; thats the real deal

Survey: Manila is ‘worst place in South East Asia’
Read more at https://www.philstar.com/lifestyle/t...MgvcMdpqAxK.99

Koh Samui, Thailand (5 votes)

Pak Beng, Laos (5 votes)

Hanoi, Vietnam (6 votes)

Cebu City, Philippines (6 votes)

Khao San Road, Bangkok, Thailand (7 votes)

Medan, Sumatra, Indonesia (7 votes)

Pattaya, Thailand (8 votes)

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (8 votes)

Kuta, Bali, Indonesia (9 votes)

Phuket, Thailand (11 votes)

Sihanoukville, Cambodia (14 votes)

Phnom Penh, Cambodia (15 votes)

Manila, Philippines (17 votes)
The Green Cities Index was published in 2011, and that was the only time it was published. So most of the info is a decade old already, and it hasnt been updated year after year like the indexes I post. How about more recent information? I already posted them. Also, if you believe the Green Cities Index, then you should also believe the Economists Liveability Index because they research was conducted by the same company- the Economist Intelligence Unit
So you dont believe that the quality of life in Manila is better, even though the same organization you posted shows that it is better? Manila is ranked 103, Jakarta is ranked 119
Bangkok ranks 98th in EIU Global Liveability Index

The difference between this info and the one you posted is that this info is from 2018, while the one you posted is from 2011. But they're both published by the same company.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
The Green Cities Index was published in 2011, and that was the only time it was published. So most of the info is a decade old already, and it hasnt been updated year after year like the indexes I post. How about more recent information? I already posted them. Also, if you believe the Green Cities Index, then you should also believe the Economists Liveability Index because they research was conducted by the same company- the Economist Intelligence Unit
So you dont believe that the quality of life in Manila is better, even though the same organization you posted shows that it is better? Manila is ranked 103, Jakarta is ranked 119
Bangkok ranks 98th in EIU Global Liveability Index

The difference between this info and the one you posted is that this info is from 2018, while the one you posted is from 2011. But they're both published by the same company.

The difference is u just repeating cherry picking some aspect and cant accept it in overall u behind Jakarta?

can u proof it with those all pointless data ur city attract more visitor?
more rich?
give more impact to global stage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or