U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2019, 01:25 AM

480 posts, read 191,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBG-wM-brLs
you know this vidio which station ?? wow this so perfect the underground station looks like there is an ornament, super modern toile,station floort I liked 💖👍
it's not mistaken this is Benhil Station , Bundaran HI Station doesn't have ornaments and floors like this
Jakarta build and build especially in the field of transportation under Jokowi the leadership ..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 01:36 AM

392 posts, read 103,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
^^
I don't think MRT3 has underground system. Kindly inform me please

While Jakarta's MRT really has some stations and routes that fully underground. Not just random stations putting below ground because the surface is already packed with structures for other purposes.
Underground means that it's under the ground. The MRT has been going under the ground since 1999. But the MRT in Manila and the MRT in Jakarta aren't subway systems.

Yes our MRT is older, because it's litterally 20 years older than your MRT. That's why we're opening up a new MRT line next year, and it will be longer than the combined length of your MRT and LRT line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
can your country guarantee to build a subway especially with the habits of people in your country that are irregular and disciplined,just look at the situation n manila when riding trains they looks like orang kampung 🤣🤣??? I'm sure the subway will take a very long time in manila. in jakarta the government built transportation based on the wishes of the people because the majority wanted a comfortable, efficient, modern
you know what else will take a very long time? Your "giant seawall" that was canceled. How can you talk about discipline in Manila when both Jakarta and Manila are 3rd world cities with a low quality of life? But Jakart's quality of life is even lower than Manila's

https://www.mercer.com/newsroom/2018...ng-survey.html

Bangkok ranks 98th in EIU Global Liveability Index

Old 03-15-2019, 03:13 AM

226 posts, read 52,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Underground means that it's under the ground. The MRT has been going under the ground since 1999. But the MRT in Manila and the MRT in Jakarta aren't subway systems.

Yes our MRT is older, because it's litterally 20 years older than your MRT. That's why we're opening up a new MRT line next year, and it will be longer than the combined length of your MRT and LRT line.
It's not about old or new. You can have old underground MRT system, call it "subway", and it's fine. What I mean by "system" is not only the stations, but also the tracks, have to be located underground. Which is not the case with any of current MRT or LRT in Manila. You only have underground stations in crowded areas but the track itself is still either on ground level or elevated. Totally different with Jakarta MRT system. In some sections, it goes through underground tunnel built using TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine), just like the one you will use for the very first time to build your subway.

Feel free to google it anywhere you want, Subway is just a name to call underground MRT system. And some news portal even call Jakarta MRT as "Subway"

Indonesians get first chance to ride subway in traffic-clogged capital
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...pital-11336216

Old 03-15-2019, 03:38 AM

Quote:
It's not about old or new. You can have old underground MRT system, call it "subway", and it's fine. What I mean by "system" is not only the stations, but also the tracks, have to be located underground. Which is not the case with any of current MRT or LRT in Manila. You only have underground stations in crowded areas but the track itself is still either on ground level or elevated. Totally different with Jakarta MRT system. In some sections, it goes through underground tunnel built using TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine), just like the one you will use for the very first time to build your subway.

Feel free to google it anywhere you want, Subway is just a name to call underground MRT system. And some news portal even call Jakarta MRT as "Subway"

Indonesians get first chance to ride subway in traffic-clogged capital
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...pital-11336216

MRT has underground tunnels in parts, not just stations.

And you can see how LRT clearly goes underground in this video. Starting at around 3:12.

See how the windows go black? It's underground. That's clearly a tunnel, not a station. When it arrives at the underground station, you see the lights. It stays underground for most of the rest of the video. This train has been going underground since 2003.

But anyways, unlike some other Filipino posters here, I dont think subways are necessarily better than LRT/MRT. As long as the train doesnt get in the way of traffic, it's a good train, elevated or below ground.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:58 AM

Quote:
MRT has underground tunnels in parts, not just stations.
That's exactly what I said, wasn't it? Jakarta has underground section of around 6 kms.

Quote:
And you can see how LRT clearly goes underground in this video. Starting at around 3:12.

See how the windows go black? It's underground. That's clearly a tunnel, not a station. When it arrives at the underground station, you see the lights. It stays underground for most of the rest of the video. This train has been going underground since 2003.

But anyways, unlike some other Filipino posters here, I dont think subways are necessarily better than LRT/MRT. As long as the train doesnt get in the way of traffic, it's a good train, elevated or below ground.
The vid shows the train is getting closer to the Katipunan station, look how it slows. Of course it goes underground for a bit like few hundred meters only, the MRT can not simply just jump.

What I talk is about this

not this

or this

Know the difference lah

Old 03-15-2019, 05:06 AM

^ those pictures are both just showing the station, not the tunnels. So of course those pictures dont prove your point. Here's another video of the train arriving at Katipunan station. You can clearly see that it arrives through a tunnel. Then as the train leaves and speeds up away from the station, it travels through a tunnel for awhile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4o1JzU-n4k
Whether the tunnel was made by a tunnel boring machine or not is irrelevant. You said if it "runs below the surface/ground level (underground)" then it's a subway. It's clearly running below the ground. Now you want to add on to that definition and say the tunnel has to be made by a special machine. You're arguing about pointless things.

Manila has highways that go underground and pedestrian walkways underground too. I dont know why it's hard to believe that the train goes underground.

Neither Manila nor Jakarta has a subway system. And it doesnt matter because subways systems aren't superior to other types of trains. As long as the trains dont obstruct traffic, they're fine.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:17 AM

621 posts, read 383,013 times
Quote:
That's exactly what I said, wasn't it? Jakarta has underground section of around 6 kms.

The vid shows the train is getting closer to the Katipunan station, look how it slows. Of course it goes underground for a bit like few hundred meters only, the MRT can not simply just jump.

What I talk is about this

not this

or this

Know the difference lah
If you dont know what you are talking, stop being sarcastic. Of course, those 2 photos aren't technically underground as they both are pictures from MRT3. Have you seen pictures of LRT2 and the video posted? Some stations are literally underground including tracks. Why would not I know when I have rode there already on some occasions. I'll provide you pictures and videos once I get back to my PC. And I do think not all subways or underground metro lines were made by modern tunnel boring machines nor they need to.

The point here is stop saying your MRT or LRT are subways when they are not.

And yes, a subway is somehow better than elevated metro lines since (1) they need better and more sophisticated technology to build, (2) they usually cost more for quality purposes (3) they tend to be less impacted by external climactic changes even with earthquakes (4) less obstrusive to the whole metro infrastructure as a whole (5) they tend to be cheaper and easier to maintain(debatable)

Old 03-15-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
If you dont know what you are talking, stop being sarcastic. Of course, those 2 photos aren't technically underground as they both are pictures from MRT3. Have you seen pictures of LRT2 and the video posted? Some stations are literally underground including tracks. Why would not I know when I have rode there already on some occasions. I'll provide you pictures and videos once I get back to my PC. And I do think not all subways or underground metro lines were made by modern tunnel boring machines nor they need to.

The point here is stop saying your MRT or LRT are subways when they are not.

And yes, a subway is somehow better than elevated metro lines since (1) they need better and more sophisticated technology to build, (2) they usually cost more for quality purposes (3) they tend to be less impacted by external climactic changes even with earthquakes (4) less obstrusive to the whole metro infrastructure as a whole (5) they tend to be cheaper and easier to maintain(debatable)
If you know nothing, better have some research first. Tell me which section of your LRT or MRT stations connected fully by underground track? I will wait ....

Old 03-15-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
^ those pictures are both just showing the station, not the tunnels. So of course those pictures dont prove your point. Here's another video of the train arriving at Katipunan station. You can clearly see that it arrives through a tunnel. Then as the train leaves and speeds up away from the station, it travels through a tunnel for awhile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4o1JzU-n4k
Whether the tunnel was made by a tunnel boring machine or not is irrelevant. You said if it "runs below the surface/ground level (underground)" then it's a subway. It's clearly running below the ground. Now you want to add on to that definition and say the tunnel has to be made by a special machine. You're arguing about pointless things.

Manila has highways that go underground and pedestrian walkways underground too. I dont know why it's hard to believe that the train goes underground.

Neither Manila nor Jakarta has a subway system. And it doesnt matter because subways systems aren't superior to other types of trains. As long as the trains dont obstruct traffic, they're fine.
Is it that hard for you to comprehend? Jakarta MRT has sections where the underground stations are fully connected by underground tunnels one another. That is what you call a fvcking subway. While the one in Manila is just some random underground stations connected by ground level or elevated track, that's not fvcing subway. Understand? LOL

Old 03-15-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Is it that hard for you to comprehend? Jakarta MRT has sections where the underground stations are fully connected by underground tunnels one another. That is what you call a fvcking subway. While the one in Manila is just some random underground stations connected by ground level or elevated track, that's not fvcing subway. Understand? LOL
This was your criteria for a subway:

"runs below the surface/ground level (underground)"

The trains in Manila clearly run below ground. Now you're adding things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or