U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-26-2019, 07:59 PM
 
392 posts, read 103,419 times
Reputation: 93

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
You see the difference between white men in Manila and Jakarta ...white man in Manila he just went with his camera shot to the buildings and the peoples who walked maybe he had no other place choice in Manila other when than BCG compared white man in Jakarta he actually liked the stadium, suburbs of Jakarta, food because for him it was more interesting he might not like go see tall buildings, shops, see people walking because the citys in his country is very far above compared to cities in southeast asia. i think pinoys are too brave to say BCG /Makati there is a touch of new york, manhattam or tokyo this is something very funny , high class city like singapore never claims

white man in Manila

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4UuS60y5oI

white men Jakarta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfAK-M-3McE

Nah. He has a video walking around Intramuros and it's very interesting. It's the type of area that's easy to explore on foot. It looks like it has a lot more to it than Kota Tua

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LPePFvuqp8
I'd rather explore a part of the city than a stadium. I dont care anything about stadiums. In Manila, you can explore the old and the new on foot. Different parts of the city have different feels. The Intramuros video is completely opposite of the BGC video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-26-2019, 08:06 PM
 
392 posts, read 103,419 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
In my opinion, Manila is so Westernized. I didn't see much local cultures in the city. Sure you can go to Intramuros, a walled old colonial city influenced by Spanish. Pretty well maintained one.

The food is also not as spicy and rich as other Asian cuisines, influenced heavily by either Spanish and American foods. The most famous one and unfortunately I couldn't be able to try was Lechon, pretty much like Babi Guling in Bali. Balut? No thank you.

The main attraction is, yeah, those fancy CBD and malls.

No. A lot of people in Manila only stay in the "tourist belt" which is in old Manila. This area. The video just shows Luneta Park, but the whole surrounding area is considered the tourist belt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMp88D9au-w

There's the park, 3 huge museums (Art, Anthropology, and Science), Ocean Park, Manila Bay, Intramuros, and Binondo (Chinatown), plus lots of little bars and restaurants. Many tourists' whole Manila experience is in that area, and it's not malls and CBDs. Completely different experience from staying in BGC or Makati
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2019, 08:57 PM
 
480 posts, read 191,194 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post

Because once Philippines is declared unfit to host, Jakarta or Bangkok will likely be appointed to take the responsibility (mess) you've made. Such a shame for a country as big as Philippines to find issues in hosting an event as small as Sea Games.
what is the cause of lack of funds? or .. ?? I think Jakarta is always ready if it's true that . funds always exist, complete sports facilities ,Yeah hopefully Manila must to host the Sea Games 2019... this a pitty if it is replaced to to another country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2019, 12:48 AM
 
621 posts, read 382,847 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
I don't like to talk about "looks like", since it's already there, easily measured and it's clearly not 80% underground for NY subway. And Jakarta MRT is 20% underground? Show me some intelligence and search again for the right information please.


Because once Philippines is declared unfit to host, Jakarta or Bangkok will likely be appointed to take the responsibility (mess) you've made. Such a shame for a country as big as Philippines to find issues in hosting an event as small as Sea Games.
"Looks like" was to show estimation on my end when I saw pictures of their whole subway system, thats why it is in question mark, wasn't it(in question mark)? Now that you mentioned that then what percentage are the underground stations in Jakarta as compared to the elevated stations not just the current but the whole planned metro?

Who's the one showing intelligence here? It is in fact to show how befitting your metro is to be called a subway. Is it fit because some of it are underground and most are not? Or is the New York subway not fit to be called a subway since most of the stations are underground and only part of it are elevated? I would say New Yorks fit to be called a subway while yours is not. But thats okay as I mentioned before, if you want to shamelessly call it a subway, go ahead. But dont hate me if I or others would laugh so hard.

Its normal to have issues along the way, especially that Philippines is not the original host for this and has just taken over it from Brunei. But if the host says the games would continue despite the struggles, then take its word otherwise you are just wishing ill and is exhibiting crab mentality against the host. Btw the issue about the budget delay is already showing some progress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2019, 03:27 AM
 
226 posts, read 52,448 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
"Looks like" was to show estimation on my end when I saw pictures of their whole subway system, thats why it is in question mark, wasn't it(in question mark)? Now that you mentioned that then what percentage are the underground stations in Jakarta as compared to the elevated stations not just the current but the whole planned metro?
You can go back few pages and see clearly what I've posted. Instead of building elevated track, Jakarta chooses to go underground in the coming MRT phase II.

Quote:
Who's the one showing intelligence here? It is in fact to show how befitting your metro is to be called a subway. Is it fit because some of it are underground and most are not? Or is the New York subway not fit to be called a subway since most of the stations are underground and only part of it are elevated? I would say New Yorks fit to be called a subway while yours is not. But thats okay as I mentioned before, if you want to shamelessly call it a subway, go ahead. But dont hate me if I or others would laugh so hard.
"Me shamelessly call it?" Didn't you see my posts saying international news portals call it "subway" as well? Since it is technically subway. While LRT/MRT Manila is not subway at all, not even close. Sorry, laugh is on you, honey.

And as I said before, your future subway will adopt the same technology with our current underground MRT. That's the more important point, not how you call it.

Quote:
Its normal to have issues along the way, especially that Philippines is not the original host for this and has just taken over it from Brunei. But if the host says the games would continue despite the struggles, then take its word otherwise you are just wishing ill and is exhibiting crab mentality against the host. Btw the issue about the budget delay is already showing some progress.
Good luck with that. I mean it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2019, 09:47 AM
 
392 posts, read 103,419 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
You can go back few pages and see clearly what I've posted. Instead of building elevated track, Jakarta chooses to go underground in the coming MRT phase II.


"Me shamelessly call it?" Didn't you see my posts saying international news portals call it "subway" as well? Since it is technically subway. While LRT/MRT Manila is not subway at all, not even close. Sorry, laugh is on you, honey.

And as I said before, your future subway will adopt the same technology with our current underground MRT. That's the more important point, not how you call it.


Good luck with that. I mean it.
MRT 7, which is opening next year, will have 3 underground stations and two of them are connected. So that fits your new definition of a subway. But nobody in Manila is calling that a subway, because it’s not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2019, 06:29 PM
 
621 posts, read 382,847 times
Reputation: 145
Honestly, I don't really care if international news portals calls Jakarta MRT a subway. We all know that news portals can be paid just name your price for the sake of publicity. Well,well let them call it that way, Ill just laugh my @s* out here.

Actually, Manila has a proper subway, the underground walking areas in Makati CBD. Thats a proper subway since subway is also defined underground walkways not just railway. But yeah I dont need to because it wont diminish the image of Makati being a posh and vibrant area whether we call those walkways subway or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2019, 06:44 PM
 
480 posts, read 191,194 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
MRT 7, which is opening next year, will have 3 underground stations and two of them are connected. So that fits your new definition of a subway. But nobody in Manila is calling that a subway, because itís not.
In Indonesia, foreign media and even Japan call the Jakarta MRT is Subway . This situation is different from the MRT in Manila,It is reasonable if in Manila people in there will never Manila MRT call it a subway

----- > Area di stasiun MRT Subway Jakarta https://driftingcloudsnet.files.word....jpg?w=1400&h=
https://i.postimg.cc/7PNJdX0N/IMG-20190327-180830.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1L7vGymO0...s1600/mrt2.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2019, 06:47 PM
 
226 posts, read 52,448 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
MRT 7, which is opening next year, will have 3 underground stations and two of them are connected. So that fits your new definition of a subway. But nobody in Manila is calling that a subway, because it’s not.

I don't have any issue at all about it. Since it's not "my new definition", it's mutual understanding. Just needs a tiniest bit of common sense to spot which is which. To call old LRT/MRT Manila as subway is just completely misleading. That's why I insist to correct you and your fellow Pinoys here.

Anyway, we also don't call our MRT as subway here. It has the technology though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2019, 07:11 PM
 
226 posts, read 52,448 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Honestly, I don't really care if international news portals calls Jakarta MRT a subway. We all know that news portals can be paid just name your price for the sake of publicity. Well,well let them call it that way, Ill just laugh my @s* out here.
Now you accuse our Govt of paying those news agencies to spread false information?
You live in an overly corrupt society that carves your sick mentality, Honey. There's no point at all doing this stupid thing. LOL

Quote:
Actually, Manila has a proper subway, the underground walking areas in Makati CBD. Thats a proper subway since subway is also defined underground walkways not just railway. But yeah I dont need to because it wont diminish the image of Makati being a posh and vibrant area whether we call those walkways subway or not.


The context of our conversation was about rail-based transportation, wasn't it.
Jakarta MRT can pass as subway. While old Manila MRT/LRT can not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top