U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-11-2019, 07:18 PM
 
226 posts, read 52,585 times
Reputation: 34

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
You are the one making it complicated, just answer the d@mn simple question on point and were good to go. Why are you deviating your responses to a very simple question?
You waste my time. You argued my previous statement days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
I don't buy the excuse. Spore's MRT is more than a decade older, yet the condition is much better and more modern. Jakarta's BRT is also 15 years old already, but no way it looks outdated. Even Jakarta's 90 years old Commuter line is in better condition than Manila's MRT.
your reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
In what way your old commuter line is better than Manilas MRT? Some of Manilas PNR coaches can be better than your commuter rail despite being older. And why do you say we "leave it to rot"? when it isn't rotten in any way and was designed as it is, not your highend but a pretty average line.
Now you ask my opinion for the exact same thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-11-2019, 10:31 PM
 
480 posts, read 191,523 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
yeah I see that they're walking and it looks nice. This is a big step. Commuters are actually walking around. Its still not the type of walkable area I mean because there's not a lot for people to do except commute. And you wouldn't take someone to this area and say "here is the area where lots of people hang out and walk around" But it could eventually turn into that type of area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzLdqyxULZ0

here the Halte Transjakarta bus or busway connects to the MRT station undergorund or subway ,I see there is good a breakthrough in Jakarta's transportation
btw... Do will Manila build brt ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2019, 11:53 PM
 
392 posts, read 103,724 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzLdqyxULZ0

here the Halte Transjakarta bus or busway connects to the MRT station undergorund or subway ,I see there is good a breakthrough in Jakarta's transportation
btw... Do will Manila build brt ?
It would be nice if Manila built a BRT along EDSA highway because right now, it has a bus lane, but the lane is on the outer lane. That makes it less efficient because cars exiting the highway also have to get into that bus lane to exit the highway, so it's not strictly a bus lane like in Jakarta. Having the bus lane in the inner lane solves that problem. Right now that's where the MRT is (running in the middle part of EDSA, elevated). So it would be nice to have another option because the MRT gets crowded.

Also, there are so many different bus companies that run their buses along there, so it's confusing. It would be more organized and simpler to just have 1 bus company on the BRT route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 12:59 AM
 
480 posts, read 191,523 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
It would be nice if Manila built a BRT along EDSA highway because right now, it has a bus lane, but the lane is on the outer lane. That makes it less efficient because cars exiting the highway also have to get into that bus lane to exit the highway, so it's not strictly a bus lane like in Jakarta. Having the bus lane in the inner lane solves that problem. Right now that's where the MRT is (running in the middle part of EDSA, elevated). So it would be nice to have another option because the MRT gets crowded.

Also, there are so many different bus companies that run their buses along there, so it's confusing. It would be more organized and simpler to just have 1 bus company on the BRT route.
BRT one of the solutions to congestion it is very cheap compared to built other transportation
yeahh Hope someday Manila has a BRT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 01:42 AM
 
226 posts, read 52,585 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
It would be nice if Manila built a BRT along EDSA highway because right now, it has a bus lane, but the lane is on the outer lane. That makes it less efficient because cars exiting the highway also have to get into that bus lane to exit the highway, so it's not strictly a bus lane like in Jakarta. Having the bus lane in the inner lane solves that problem. Right now that's where the MRT is (running in the middle part of EDSA, elevated). So it would be nice to have another option because the MRT gets crowded.

Also, there are so many different bus companies that run their buses along there, so it's confusing. It would be more organized and simpler to just have 1 bus company on the BRT route.
I heard about the plan of building Manila BRT last year. How is the progress?
Indeed, having BRT organized by State/Regional Government Owned Enterprise is much more efficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 02:49 AM
 
56 posts, read 8,598 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Transport infrastructure is only one aspect of a city. I mean its a very important aspect but not the only aspect. There’s also water infrastructure, parks, green spaces, walkability, health, pollution, etc etc. When you take all these factors together, you have have quality of life. And Manila scores higher on quality of life than Jakarta on both major quality of life indexes, even though Jakarta is richer. I know you dont care about quality of life though
oh maybe u dont care with debt since u too much feed ur people with quality of life
instead making them rich with more job available than send them abroad

oh i know another china province strategy or debt trap strategy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 05:01 AM
 
621 posts, read 383,013 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
You waste my time. You argued my previous statement days ago.


your reply


Now you ask my opinion for the exact same thing?
Because you did not answer it yet. Plain and simple. Okay, I'll not force you to answer that. I know now that it's hard for you to answer it. So yeah don't put any statement claiming something that you can't back up. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 05:22 AM
 
621 posts, read 383,013 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
BRT one of the solutions to congestion it is very cheap compared to built other transportation
yeahh Hope someday Manila has a BRT
Although I quite agree that BRT can be one good and cheaper option to ease traffic congestion, the mere fact that Manila still beats Jakarta in traffic management and even Bangkok despite being the bigger metro in terms of population tells something that not all things can be answerable or be done aesthetically in terms of transportation sector. There's more to it than meets the eye, that can include passengers/citizens values and effectiveness of the grassroots level of that specifics place transport sector. Imagine, if Manila has that BRT system and claimed to be the largest in the world at that, then it can probably even beat or be at par with KLs traffic congestion status today (mind the size of both places though).

Current update of Manilas rail/metro system (please disregard the ones planned from other part of the country esp Mindanao railway)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 05:43 AM
 
621 posts, read 383,013 times
Reputation: 145
More small but great initiatives to travel some parts of the metro.

Grab Wheels.




A Singaporean company helicopter taxi service in Manila.


This guy with her GF travelling from Germany stopping at Singapore for some days and eventually getting to Metro Manila and you know what, he still is amazed. See how Manila has already changed a lot.



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 06:13 AM
 
621 posts, read 383,013 times
Reputation: 145
Metro Manila Satellite CBD's update April 2019


New Port City




Philippine Entertainment City/ASEANA City




Ayala Alabang/Filinvest City


Credits to: CityExplorerPlus & TechnecaMedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top