U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-15-2019, 06:52 PM
 
226 posts, read 51,737 times
Reputation: 34

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Yes neighbors but unlike yours these countries aren't sharing land border nor literally just next to it, visiting because it is just a border pass away. Not tourist buying merchandise from the other side of the border just because they are cheaper but tourist vacationing to relax and spend for recreation. That's what quality tourist is versus quantity.

Besides China, your top 5 foreign tourist numbers are dominated by Malaysia, Singapore, Timor-Leste and Australia, which are all well, very obvious. Why would I go silent? So that no one can expose the real story behind the figures?
Your statement can be easily proven wrong by how long those tourists stay and how much they spend. Indonesia received USD 14 Billion vs Phil's USD 8 Billion from those foreign tourists in 2017, stay for 12 days in average in 2018.
Quote:
You know what, isn't it weird that Timor Lestes population is only at 1.2 million and yet their numbers are at 1.7 million visiting your country? Really suweird! Ah, think of repeat customers. O wait, they are just buying merchandise across the border? Or probably visiting a friend or relative nearby?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Indonesia
If they really visited the country more than once in that particular year, what's the problem? Any foreigners stay in Indonesia more than 24 hours will be counted as tourist, I believe Phil will do the exact same. And we all know Indonesia's side of Timor island really is more alive, has easier access to many goods and services compared to Timor Leste.

Anyway, tell me how many Sporean visit Malaysia in a year? I dare you to claim Malaysia's tourism industry has less quality than Philippines' tourism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2019, 11:13 PM
 
480 posts, read 190,234 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Judging from the video with the girls looks imo, wow poor Filipinos are still better looking than your hippie richer Indonesians. So weird. What more if you compare side by side with Filipino hippies and the wealthier types.
yeah filipina is beautiful or better looking and because it always wins Miss Universe/World or other Pageant and most Filipinos very famous in the world compared with Indonesians . yeah but there are many lists that puts on Se Asian countries with most beautiful ladies :
1. Vietnam
2. Thailand
3. Indonesia
4. Laos
5. Philipines
6. Malaysia
7. Burmese
8. Cambodia

back to the original topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2019, 01:26 AM
 
226 posts, read 51,737 times
Reputation: 34
^^
Not really ...
If you visit the country, average Filipinos look just like average Indonesia/Malaysia's Malay. The difference is Filipinos are well aware of physical beauty, quite comparable to Koreans. Not only women, the men are also grooming themselves to look good.

And they adore people with Caucasian (White) complexion. I'm half white myself, lots of strangers approached me just to have chit chat when I went to public places. It's okay for me, I just didn't like how they touched my arms my back with no hesitation. Maybe it's just the way Filipinos having a conversation, even with stranger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2019, 03:38 AM
 
390 posts, read 102,328 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
^^
Not really ...
If you visit the country, average Filipinos look just like average Indonesia/Malaysia's Malay. The difference is Filipinos are well aware of physical beauty, quite comparable to Koreans. Not only women, the men are also grooming themselves to look good.

And they adore people with Caucasian (White) complexion. I'm half white myself, lots of strangers approached me just to have chit chat when I went to public places. It's okay for me, I just didn't like how they touched my arms my back with no hesitation. Maybe it's just the way Filipinos having a conversation, even with stranger?

Filipinos like East Asian skin color. If you look at Filipino celebs, a lot of them are pale white, a skin color that even white people dont have. It's an East Asian skin color. Remember than Chinese and Korean (K Pop) influences are big in the Philippines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2019, 06:45 AM
 
621 posts, read 382,346 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Filipinos like East Asian skin color. If you look at Filipino celebs, a lot of them are pale white, a skin color that even white people dont have. It's an East Asian skin color. Remember than Chinese and Korean (K Pop) influences are big in the Philippines
My thoughts as well, I don't dislike Caucasian complexion but well I'm not fond of it, I like the East Asian complexion texture more being smoother but not the yellow shade I like the Filipino shade of whiteness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
And they adore people with Caucasian (White) complexion. I'm half white myself, lots of strangers approached me just to have chit chat when I went to public places. It's okay for me, I just didn't like how they touched my arms my back with no hesitation. Maybe it's just the way Filipinos having a conversation, even with stranger?
It's not the complexion that the Filipino likes a Caucasian but probably more of the facial features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Anyway, tell me how many Sporean visit Malaysia in a year? I dare you to claim Malaysia's tourism industry has less quality than Philippines' tourism?
But of course. Probably more than what you get with Malaysia, Singapore and Timor Leste combined we already know that it is the tourism pride of truly asia her neighbor Singapore. It's another topic though. But yes, I say quality wise, Philippines tourism has more than them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2019, 12:57 AM
 
480 posts, read 190,234 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
^^
Not really ...
If you visit the country, average Filipinos look just like average Indonesia/Malaysia's Malay. The difference is Filipinos are well aware of physical beauty, quite comparable to Koreans. Not only women, the men are also grooming themselves to look good.

And they adore people with Caucasian (White) complexion. I'm half white myself, lots of strangers approached me just to have chit chat when I went to public places. It's okay for me, I just didn't like how they touched my arms my back with no hesitation. Maybe it's just the way Filipinos having a conversation, even with stranger?
not only filipinos but thais also really worship adore people with Caucasian/White.
yeahh in Indonesia we think the most beautiful and attractive people or better looking is Latin America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2019, 03:24 AM
 
621 posts, read 382,346 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
not only filipinos but thais also really worship adore people with Caucasian/White.
yeahh in Indonesia we think the most beautiful and attractive people or better looking is Latin America
Oh so you adore many Filipinos then since Philippines has so many Latin looking individuals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2019, 11:12 AM
 
19 posts, read 5,404 times
Reputation: 17
https://www.manilatimes.net/jakartas...nvious/425124/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globaln...ter-manila/amp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2019, 11:30 AM
 
390 posts, read 102,328 times
Reputation: 93

transportation is just one aspect of a city. Jakarta is better in that aspect, but that doesnt mean its a better city as a whole. Jakarta ranks as having a lower quality of life than Manila on both major quality of life indexes (from the Economist & Mercer).



And that article you posted it from last year. The current study has Jakarta as having the worst air quality in the world
https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...sia-study.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2019, 10:26 PM
 
19 posts, read 5,404 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
transportation is just one aspect of a city. Jakarta is better in that aspect, but that doesnt mean its a better city as a whole. Jakarta ranks as having a lower quality of life than Manila on both major quality of life indexes (from the Economist & Mercer).



And that article you posted it from last year. The current study has Jakarta as having the worst air quality in the world
https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...sia-study.html
Keep in denial and watch as other cities took over eventually. Just like how Vietnam and Indo economy did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top