Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2019, 05:16 AM

400 posts, read 238,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
^^I actually like buildings with lightings and symphony shows and I think we have them in Metro Manila too. I can add fountains and streetscape with beautiful lightings in Manila later ...

Idk but you seem to not comprehend much what is being thrown to you.

Okay let me get this straight. How do you understand this? I added some words for you to better understand it in bold letters.

Versus "Does Jakarta or Indonesia already have extensive hyperloop system that the world can behold?" I was asking, if there is already an existing extensive hyperloop system anywhere in the world available. Of course I know Jakarta doesn't have one, clear as the morning sun. You did not get the context of the statement and has difficulty understanding it. Worst case, you might even suspected me asking if YOU personally own a hyperloop system instead of Jakarta or the world just because you cant read between the lines.

Now for the BRT try reading between the lines too. Notice the letters/words in bold.

You can tell me more of any other differences other than what I pointed out.

Bus Rapid Transit system, its service is more like an LRT or MRT than regular bus. From the frequency, punctuality, capacity, etc. You simply go to BRT stop, wait a bit, and there must be a bus coming to pick you up in few minutes. With or without passengers, the bus will keep moving continuously along the route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 11:36 PM

1,002 posts, read 906,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Yes, there will be tourist hot spots in any country. Boracay only has a population of 30,000, but it attracts 1 million foreign tourists and 1 million more domestic tourists every year. (But the president is limiting the number of people allowed on the island now).

You're surprised that a country with a land area that is 6x larger than the Philippines is attracting 2x as many tourists? What's so surprising about that? If Indonesia didnt have at least 2x as many tourists as the Philippines, I'd be very concerned. There's more places to go in Indonesia, far more islands. If a large chunk just goes to Bali, well, that shows how tourism in Bali is doing great, but it doesnt show much about places like Jakarta. People are flying to Indonesia just to go to Jakarta? People dont fly to the Philippines just to go to Manila, I know that much.
in 2015 and up to now foreign tourists coming to Indonesia, especially Bali and other Indonesia rose by 20% even more far compared to other asian countries tourism visit was around 6% . yeah you can imagine. and it is predicted that 2020 will target 20 million foreign tourists come to visit Indonesia many islands in Indonesia besides Bali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0mQsH0N1qU

By the way..Jakarta is a business city not a tourist city like Bangkok, but there are some spots attractions in place Jakarta that many foreign tourists visit.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:54 PM

1,117 posts, read 841,683 times
^ Indonesia still gets less tourists per capita. Indonesia got 16 million foreign tourists in 2018
https://www.thejakartapost.com/acade...t-tourism.html

The Philippines got 7.1 million. And this is despite the fact that the very popular tourist island Boracay was closed for 6 months
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-2018-11162138

So Indonesia gets a little over 2x as many tourists, even though it was 2.5x the population and 6x the land area. You think those factors dont matter, but they do. It would be like the Philippines bragging that it gets more tourists than Laos. Yeah it does, but that should be expected because the Philippines is much bigger than Laos in every way. It should get more tourists. But when you compare it to the relative land area and population, Laos actually gets MORE tourists per capita. So it's doing a better job than the Philippines and Indonesia at tourism. Size matters and everything is relative and proportional.

btw, why are we talking about Bali, Boracay, etc. when I already showed you all the ways that Manila ranks ahead of Jakarta in quality of life. This is from very reputable and established quality of life indexes. The Philippines also ranks higher than Indonesia in HDI and IHDI, but Indonesia is very close and will probably catch up and surpass the Philippines soon. The new president of the Philippines is making the country regress in many ways. Anyways, here's a link to that post, just in case you want to read it again. http://www.city-data.com/forum/54232919-post554.html

^Those are facts. Not subjective opinions about food, malls, etc. No videos or pictures, just facts. That should end the discussion right there.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:37 AM

839 posts, read 734,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
The lights are nice and all, but you can only see them at night. What gives those areas vibrancy during the day? How do people experience those areas besides driving around and looking at skyscrapers. Or walking around an indoor mall

And you're right. Most of the murals in BGC are on concrete buildings. Most of the glass buildings dont have them, but some do. Some glass buildings are built with a large blank canvas at the bottom for murals. Like these below:

The Bonifacio Global City (BGC) Art Murals ⋆ TenZeroFour TenZeroFour

https://www.leftoverjinx.com/2016/09...-bgc-2016.html

And on other non-concrete buildings

https://kojiarsua.com/2017/12/11/che...murals-at-bgc/

I'm not sure if this one is concrete of not, but it looks really nice
https://kojiarsua.com/2017/12/11/che...murals-at-bgc/

Here's an ASEAN mural. It has Indonesia on it

https://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awe...-bgc-2017.html

It's like BGC is turning into a free public art museum
Those street art looks really impressive. It gives the area some personality and character, as opposed to feeling dull and corporate. It reminds me of Shoreditch, which is a very trendy neighbourhood in London.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:15 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,623,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
in 2015 and up to now foreign tourists coming to Indonesia, especially Bali and other Indonesia rose by 20% even more far compared to other asian countries tourism visit was around 6% . yeah you can imagine. and it is predicted that 2020 will target 20 million foreign tourists come to visit Indonesia many islands in Indonesia besides Bali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0mQsH0N1qU

By the way..Jakarta is a business city not a tourist city like Bangkok, but there are some spots attractions in place Jakarta that many foreign tourists visit.
I've been to both and frankly I prefer Boracay. Bali is just too built up, there's a highway running right along the beach in some areas. Boracay there's barely any roads or cars (just motorized trikes and they're not allowed near the beach), and the hotels are literally right on the sand.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:42 AM

1,117 posts, read 841,683 times
I would probably enjoy Bali better for the unique culture. Boracay doesnt promote the culture of its natives (the Ati tribe).

But we're talking about Jakarta vs Manila

Old 01-26-2019, 05:20 PM

732 posts, read 779,791 times
They are both great! For those who just wanted pure beach and fun experience they would probably go for Boracay, if they wanted an extra touch of culture and diversity then Bali, but then it is too touristed which can be its downside. They have their own charm and beauty. Siargao I think is the real competitor similar to Bali but virgin.

Anyway, back to original topic.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
They are both great! For those who just wanted pure beach and fun experience they would probably go for Boracay, if they wanted an extra touch of culture and diversity then Bali, but then it is too touristed which can be its downside. They have their own charm and beauty. Siargao I think is the real competitor similar to Bali but virgin.

Anyway, back to original topic.
Bali's natural beauty is not that striking, pale in comparison with other islands in Eastern Indonesia. Bali is not the only resort island in Indonesia that has easy access to the rest of the world. And Bali is not the only one that offers world class accommodations. But why Bali?

Because Bali offers genuine lifestyle, that's why so many tourists keep going back for more and more. Rely on beautiful landscape is never enough. One or maybe two visits is enough to enjoy the view.

Anyway, Soekarno Hatta International Airport builds its 3rd runway to accommodate more flights and increase its capacity to 100 million pax/year.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:07 AM

732 posts, read 779,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Bali's natural beauty is not that striking, pale in comparison with other islands in Eastern Indonesia. Bali is not the only resort island in Indonesia that has easy access to the rest of the world. And Bali is not the only one that offers world class accommodations. But why Bali?

Because Bali offers genuine lifestyle, that's why so many tourists keep going back for more and more. Rely on beautiful landscape is never enough. One or maybe two visits is enough to enjoy the view.

Anyway, Soekarno Hatta International Airport builds its 3rd runway to accommodate more flights and increase its capacity to 100 million pax/year.
Oh in that case Siargao would surely have big chances then as it offers both striking natural beauty and genuine lifestyle, they just need to improve accessibility.

Anyway, NAIA has just implemented E-gates for more convenient and improved immigration security access:

And a new airport north of Manila is on proposal.

https://youtu.be/_lW5D3-7pXU

Last edited by neMarL; 01-27-2019 at 12:27 AM..

Old 01-27-2019, 06:14 PM

Jakarta was a mess, but it's improving tremendously in the past few years.

Anyway, development of new township called PIK 2 in North Jakarta.

progress

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia