Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2019, 04:58 AM

56 posts, read 27,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
We'll see then who predicts it right!
can u show me how ur world class tv entertainment / award stage?

so dont expect too much with statement world class + the best sea games ever if u just only bragging eat bulaga stage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 06:02 PM

90 posts, read 111,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
usually the design picture of a great is ultimately less attractive after it's done , especially the habits of society Manila. in my opinion the construction of a subway in Manila will take a long time. yeah btw congrats to Manila

----- > Some Subway/Undeground MRT Jakarta stations

Senayan Station ( Subway )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRyDKR0ygo0

Benhil Station ( Subway & Elevated )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2ChgkGspG0

LRT Jakarta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iPnTr2z0j8

yesterday I tried to ride the MRT all station subway , the subway station mrt jakarta was cool, full facilities, luxurious, thank you Jokowi

Old 03-25-2019, 06:40 PM

400 posts, read 238,344 times
^^
Jakarta's MRT now has a name, it's Ratangga, isn't it?

Though Jakarta is a bit late in this rapid-transit game, but it's catching up fast. And the stations do look nice, neat, and modern.

Though I'm still amazed more by Bangkok MRT stations, esp Sanam Chai. Looks so lux and fanceeehh ....

Old 03-25-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagpag_Masarap View Post
can u show me how ur world class tv entertainment / award stage?

so dont expect too much with statement world class + the best sea games ever if u just only bragging eat bulaga stage
Honestly, I don't have much expectation. I just hope Philippines is determined enough to go on and host this event. Or else, it will just put burden on the more prepared countries like Indonesia or Thailand which have enough problems in holding elections this year. Please don't add!

Old 03-26-2019, 04:43 PM

732 posts, read 779,677 times
Quote:
usually the design picture of a great is ultimately less attractive after it's done , especially the habits of society Manila. in my opinion the construction of a subway in Manila will take a long time. yeah btw congrats to Manila
We'll see then!

It's planned to be fully completed 2025 but partially 3 stations are to be completed by 2022.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Say that to Al Jazeera, Channel NewsAsia, and other International news agencies that called MRT Jakarta as "subway".

Nah, it shows exactly that you are lack of information and experience. Have you tried New York subway? Is it fully underground? NO NO NO .... Feel free to search .... Thank me later for the free information again and again

Newer will likely own better technology, as simple as that. And that's fine for me. Just like Manila's MRT and LRT, they are hella too old and outdated. Even old Jakarta Commuter Line, a secondhand rolling stocks from Tokyo Metro, look way fancier. Good Luck with your subway project.
The difference is that they first built it as a subway in mind which means elevated stations were only built later, in fact looks like 80% or more of it are underground so it is befitting to be called subway. Whereas, in the case of Jakarta LRT/MRT most of it are elevated. So 80-20 versus 20-80? If I were you I wont call it a subway(its shameful tbh). Its just not befitting to be called as one. Underground stations fits more. Anyway, it would be the experience rather than the name that matters most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Honestly, I don't have much expectation. I just hope Philippines is determined enough to go on and host this event. Or else, it will just put burden on the more prepared countries like Indonesia or Thailand which have enough problems in holding elections this year. Please don't add!
I think the best that you can do is prepare your athletes for the competition. Filipinos aren't seeing this an issue. Idk why Indonesians are so concerned and mindful of these, you are waiting for someone to stumble and fall. We have enough of crab mentality here please don't add!

Last edited by neMarL; 03-26-2019 at 05:32 PM..

Old 03-26-2019, 05:25 PM

732 posts, read 779,677 times
MRT7 construction updates

Unified Grand Central Station that will connect LRT2, MRT3, MRT7 and Metro Manila Subway.

by jp1032

Old 03-26-2019, 06:36 PM

1,002 posts, read 906,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Adding to this post. I found a new video walking around BGC (away from Bonifacio High Street) during the day. So this is what most of BGC looks like away from the commercial strip, on a typical day

You see the difference between white men in Manila and Jakarta ...white man in Manila he just went with his camera shot to the buildings and the peoples who walked maybe he had no other place choice in Manila other when than BCG compared white man in Jakarta he actually liked the stadium, suburbs of Jakarta, food because for him it was more interesting he might not like go see tall buildings, shops, see people walking because the citys in his country is very far above compared to cities in southeast asia. i think pinoys are too brave to say BCG /Makati there is a touch of new york, manhattam or tokyo this is something very funny , high class city like singapore never claims

white man in Manila
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4UuS60y5oI

white men Jakarta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfAK-M-3McE

Old 03-26-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
We'll see then!The difference is that they first built it as a subway in mind which means elevated stations were only built later, in fact looks like 80% or more of it are underground so it is befitting to be called subway. Whereas, in the case of Jakarta LRT/MRT most of it are elevated. So 80-20 versus 20-80? If I were you I wont call it a subway(its shameful tbh). Its just not befitting to be called as one. Underground stations fits more. Anyway, it would be the experience rather than the name that matters most.
I don't like to talk about "looks like", since it's already there, easily measured and it's clearly not 80% underground for NY subway. And Jakarta MRT is 20% underground? Show me some intelligence and search again for the right information please.

Quote:
I think the best that you can do is prepare your athletes for the competition. Filipinos aren't seeing this an issue. Idk why Indonesians are so concerned and mindful of these, you are waiting for someone to stumble and fall. We have enough of crab mentality here please don't add!
Because once Philippines is declared unfit to host, Jakarta or Bangkok will likely be appointed to take the responsibility (mess) you've made. Such a shame for a country as big as Philippines to find issues in hosting an event as small as Sea Games.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
You see the difference between white men in Manila and Jakarta ...white man in Manila he just went with his camera shot to the buildings and the peoples who walked maybe he had no other place choice in Manila other when than BCG compared white man in Jakarta he actually liked the stadium, suburbs of Jakarta, food because for him it was more interesting he might not like go see tall buildings, shops, see people walking because the citys in his country is very far above compared to cities in southeast asia. i think pinoys are too brave to say BCG /Makati there is a touch of new york, manhattam or tokyo this is something very funny , high class city like singapore never claims
In my opinion, Manila is so Westernized. I didn't see much local cultures in the city. Sure you can go to Intramuros, a walled old colonial city influenced by Spanish. Pretty well maintained one.

The food is also not as spicy and rich as other Asian cuisines, influenced heavily by either Spanish and American foods. The most famous one and unfortunately I couldn't be able to try was Lechon, pretty much like Babi Guling in Bali. Balut? No thank you.

The main attraction is, yeah, those fancy CBD and malls.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:59 PM

1,117 posts, read 841,465 times
Quote:

white man in Manila

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4UuS60y5oI

white men Jakarta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfAK-M-3McE

Nah. He has a video walking around Intramuros and it's very interesting. It's the type of area that's easy to explore on foot. It looks like it has a lot more to it than Kota Tua

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LPePFvuqp8
I'd rather explore a part of the city than a stadium. I dont care anything about stadiums. In Manila, you can explore the old and the new on foot. Different parts of the city have different feels. The Intramuros video is completely opposite of the BGC video
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia