U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-11-2017, 09:49 PM
 
Location: In a land of gods and monsters
426 posts, read 232,459 times
Reputation: 439

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Young Japanese people are not having sex | The Independent


Population control/decline is not necessarily a bad thing, but it seems things are getting pretty extreme in Japan. With these kind of figures it's not surprising things like sex robots and "marry an anime character" are starting to pop up as young Japanese become more and more socially isolated from the opposite sex. Overall, it doesn't sound like a healthy trend and with increased technology, may only get worse.

You are right that the population in Japan is declining but part of it is due to a lot of women wanting to be independent. A lot of women these days don't want to be a house wife, they prefer to have a good career and focus on having enough money for their future. Most Japanese men prefer a woman who will be a house wife. Then there are the very shy men and otakus who would rather buy a love doll than deal with a women because either they have been hurt before or they are too shy to interact with a woman.

I have read an article where the birth rate is also declining due to people getting chlamidya and if someone has it for a long period then they will have infertility. HIV is also getting on the rise sadly because things like Prostitution is legal, then you have your love motels, people who have fwb etc. It seems like such a taboo topic but people are having a lot of sex but because of how society works in Japan, people don't want to be looked down on so they will have to hide it on the down low. Also many people don't belive in using condoms In Japan because they feel that their country is clean and belive that only Americans and Africans might carry diseases. That is what I have been told by my old Japanese friends which is quite sad. For a pretty developed country that kind of mentality is no bueno. Any country can have any disease, there is no perfect place in this world!
I know people associate Japan with being pure and while yes there are a lot of virgins the other half of the population isn't. Japan is a very oversexualized country just like Germany but Japan's fetishisim is more out there. It might seem like things are not happening but behind closed doors, anything is possible.

Here's an article I just read earlier today about syphilis in Japan. This makes me sad. I really do hope things will get better for Japan.
Japan's syphilis problem prompts ministry to bring in special team | The Japan Times

Last edited by Yourgermanicanish; 07-11-2017 at 10:51 PM..

 
Old 07-11-2017, 10:27 PM
 
956 posts, read 1,545,824 times
Reputation: 474
Virgins in their 30s are also pretty common in South Korea, although not nearly half.
 
Old 07-11-2017, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Taipei
6,773 posts, read 5,119,529 times
Reputation: 4565
I don't know which one is more disturbing and retarded. The obsession of certain media outlets over the sex life of 120 million strangers, or the fact that there are people actually buying these reports that have absolutely zero credibility.
 
Old 07-11-2017, 11:06 PM
 
Location: In a land of gods and monsters
426 posts, read 232,459 times
Reputation: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I don't know which one is more disturbing and retarded. The obsession of certain media outlets over the sex life of 120 million strangers, or the fact that there are people actually buying these reports that have absolutely zero credibility.


I don't know if you are referring to my comment or the original poster but it's not just the media that I belive what I wrote about. I have doctors in my family and they have showed me what they were doing research on. I have seen this kind of topic in medical books about the birth rate decline and Std rise. Also, I have some Japanese friends so I know about what's going on in their country and plus they share their experiences with me. Sometimes women will lie saying they are a virgin because they want men to be interested In them. The more pure and innocent one seems, the more positive attention they will get. 2 of my Japanese friends will do that, saying they are a virgin when they aren't. Now even though I don't agree with them for lying, that is their life, I cannot tell anyone what to do.
Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone or seem negative.

Last edited by Yourgermanicanish; 07-12-2017 at 12:10 AM..
 
Old 07-12-2017, 03:42 AM
 
Location: Taipei
6,773 posts, read 5,119,529 times
Reputation: 4565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourgermanicanish View Post
I don't know if you are referring to my comment or the original poster but it's not just the media that I belive what I wrote about. I have doctors in my family and they have showed me what they were doing research on. I have seen this kind of topic in medical books about the birth rate decline and Std rise. Also, I have some Japanese friends so I know about what's going on in their country and plus they share their experiences with me. Sometimes women will lie saying they are a virgin because they want men to be interested In them. The more pure and innocent one seems, the more positive attention they will get. 2 of my Japanese friends will do that, saying they are a virgin when they aren't. Now even though I don't agree with them for lying, that is their life, I cannot tell anyone what to do.
Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone or seem negative.
I didn't even read your post and I definitely wasn't offended (why would I be?) so there is no need to apologise.

I just find it hilarious that this kind of click-bait news fabrication gets quite a lot of feedback. These "Japanese people aren't having sex" articles come up so often, like once every six months. They are about as original as those "STOP EATING AVOCADO RIGHT NOW" or "GUESS WHICH PEOPLE HAS THE SHORTEST PENIS" crap on BuzzFeed.
 
Old 07-12-2017, 05:47 AM
 
Location: In a land of gods and monsters
426 posts, read 232,459 times
Reputation: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I didn't even read your post and I definitely wasn't offended (why would I be?) so there is no need to apologise.

I just find it hilarious that this kind of click-bait news fabrication gets quite a lot of feedback. These "Japanese people aren't having sex" articles come up so often, like once every six months. They are about as original as those "STOP EATING AVOCADO RIGHT NOW" or "GUESS WHICH PEOPLE HAS THE SHORTEST PENIS" crap on BuzzFeed.
Lol yeah that's true. I notice when a lot of guys tend to have a fetish for Japanese chicks, they all want to belive that they are pure like anime characters and that supposedly all women are waiting for marriage. They don't want to belive that there could be some Japanese women that are fooling around or going on dates. I have 2 male friends that have an Asian fetish. When I tell them that Japanese women are like other women from all over the world, that there will be some who are virgins, some who aren't etc, they tend to get pissed off. I noticed that some japanese women might like the attention they get if a guy has an Asian fetish but overall most will feel akward about that or offended. I'm sure they want a guy that will like them for who they are and not because of their race or country. Too often I will hear about or see this myself, when guys who have a fetish will say that japanese are the best women in the world that supposedly they will never get cheated on if they have a Japanese gf, that women from other countries will never be as attractive as Japanese women. They will even put down Asian women from other countries and say something ridiculous like how they will never be on a Japanese women's level.

I realize maybe what I wrote last night comes off as a bit out there but I guess I just got fed up about people thinking that In Japan everyone is shy and not having sex lol. I used to have a few Japanese male friends and even though they were shy at times they actually did pretty well going on dates with American women when they lived in the states. It's just strange how everyone assumes the women are all submissive waiting for a guy to sweep them off their feet. If anything some Japanese women I know don't want to get married or have kids. If anything, some women don't mind having a lover sometimes when they wish to have company because they focus on work so they don't have room for something more serious.
 
Old 07-12-2017, 06:01 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Pennsylvania / Dull Germany
2,214 posts, read 2,632,057 times
Reputation: 2090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourgermanicanish View Post
Lol yeah that's true. I notice when a lot of guys tend to have a fetish for Japanese chicks, they all want to belive that they are pure like anime characters and that supposedly all women are waiting for marriage. They don't want to belive that there could be some Japanese women that are fooling around or going on dates. I have 2 male friends that have an Asian fetish. When I tell them that Japanese women are like other women from all over the world, that there will be some who are virgins, some who aren't etc, they tend to get pissed off. I noticed that some japanese women might like the attention they get if a guy has an Asian fetish but overall most will feel akward about that or offended. I'm sure they want a guy that will like them for who they are and not because of their race or country. Too often I will hear about or see this myself, when guys who have a fetish will say that japanese are the best women in the world that supposedly they will never get cheated on if they have a Japanese gf, that women from other countries will never be as attractive as Japanese women. They will even put down Asian women from other countries and say something ridiculous like how they will never be on a Japanese women's level.

I realize maybe what I wrote last night comes off as a bit out there but I guess I just got fed up about people thinking that In Japan everyone is shy and not having sex lol. I used to have a few Japanese male friends and even though they were shy at times they actually did pretty well going on dates with American women when they lived in the states. It's just strange how everyone assumes the women are all submissive waiting for a guy to sweep them off their feet. If anything some Japanese women I know don't want to get married or have kids. If anything, some women don't mind having a lover sometimes when they wish to have company because they focus on work so they don't have room for something more serious.
Very true comment. I know several people with those "Asian fetish" but usually those people do not even know much about the Asian cultures they admire. No doubt that Japanese chicks are among the hottest in the world, but besides that they are women like any others. My gf is Korean and while I find many Korean women physically attractive (not necessairly much more than other countries women - nationality does not really matter for me), they are just like most other women: Individuals. No general things to say. I know many of her friends who are very different and many who are similar.

Same for Koreans, there are often some documentaries about how many singles are living in Korea, both male and female concentrate on studying, working and hobbies (computer games, pets, etc.) and do not want to bother with a relationship. They just interviewed a young lady who has 2 jobs in Gangnam and a small dog who says that she is anyways working 14 hours a day and in the remaining free time can not deal with a boyfriend, because they may expect her to stay home, to cook, or whatever.

Of the 120 mln Japanese it almost seems like half of them can be found on certain videos on certain websites where they censor certain body parts during certain activities.. seems they are not all that shy.
 
Old 07-12-2017, 06:50 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,258,456 times
Reputation: 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
They came back even after the mongols and the americans, watch out when chinese growth declines - you'd see yet another great Japan.
China growth is already declining, and it has a big problem.
But Japan is doomed. The Japanese are simply too old. Irreversible.
 
Old 07-12-2017, 06:52 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,258,456 times
Reputation: 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
Very true comment. I know several people with those "Asian fetish" but usually those people do not even know much about the Asian cultures they admire. .
they seldom go beyond the stupid "manga" as if that's the core of Japanese culture.

Most Westerners who have "Asian fetish" have no f&&cking idea about Asia. For Christs sake, at least speak one Asian language fluently. Otherwise it is always "manga manga manga", or food.
 
Old 07-12-2017, 07:35 AM
 
Location: Macao
15,945 posts, read 36,154,437 times
Reputation: 9478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Young Japanese people are not having sex | The Independent


Population control/decline is not necessarily a bad thing, but it seems things are getting pretty extreme in Japan. With these kind of figures it's not surprising things like sex robots and "marry an anime character" are starting to pop up as young Japanese become more and more socially isolated from the opposite sex. Overall, it doesn't sound like a healthy trend and with increased technology, may only get worse.
I lived in Japan for 5 1/2 years.

I don't believe any of these western media news stories. They are usually written by journalists who are trying to sell a story, in a place that the western editors readily accept without any verification.

Japan suffers from tons of these stories..the dirty female panties in vending machine story? Remember how often that was perpetuated in western news media outlets?

It's just a place for journalists to get a story published, that western media outlets accept too readily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top