U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2017, 01:17 AM
 
1,992 posts, read 1,188,797 times
Reputation: 1641

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
friendly and helpful if you are white, Christian and straight I suppose?
Yes, Islam is much more tolerant of nonbelievers and homosexuals.

 
Old 07-17-2017, 01:34 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,255,922 times
Reputation: 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
Yes, Islam is much more tolerant of nonbelievers and homosexuals.
There is no difference between Islam and Chistianity regarding these if you talk about the religions themselves. No difference.
 
Old 07-17-2017, 03:53 AM
 
Location: Taipei
6,773 posts, read 5,118,153 times
Reputation: 4565
I find Americans quite friendly in general. They tend to be open to conversations with strangers, smile a lot, and be positive about things.

And honestly no Asian country has any business criticising LGBT rights or racism in America. Light years ahead would be an extreme understatement.
 
Old 07-17-2017, 05:31 AM
 
2,776 posts, read 1,012,715 times
Reputation: 1770
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
There is no difference between Islam and Chistianity regarding these if you talk about the religions themselves. No difference.
At their core they do share a lot of similarities since Islam took a lot of aspects from Judaism and Christianity.
However, in most Muslim countries you will have a hard time if you are part of the LGBT. In western countries that won't be a problem. Sure a few eyebrows may be raised in certain circles, but law prevents anyone from acting on it.
 
Old 07-17-2017, 06:28 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,255,922 times
Reputation: 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
At their core they do share a lot of similarities since Islam took a lot of aspects from Judaism and Christianity.
However, in most Muslim countries you will have a hard time if you are part of the LGBT. In western countries that won't be a problem. Sure a few eyebrows may be raised in certain circles, but law prevents anyone from acting on it.
True. Western countries and Muslim countries are very different in terms of LGBT acceptance, but there is no difference in terms of christianity and Islam.

You know why western countries are more and more accepting? Because Christianity rapidly declined and fewer and fewer people take Jesus/Bible serious.
 
Old 07-17-2017, 06:56 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Pennsylvania / Dull Germany
2,214 posts, read 2,632,057 times
Reputation: 2090
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
True. Western countries and Muslim countries are very different in terms of LGBT acceptance, but there is no difference in terms of christianity and Islam.

You know why western countries are more and more accepting? Because Christianity rapidly declined and fewer and fewer people take Jesus/Bible serious.
People in Western countries, especially Europe, had to fight bloody wars against the almighty churches to get their rights and freedom. Now they pushed church into a corner where it is just a free-time activity and not the ruling authority about peoples life. That process took like 500 years.

Islam has yet to undergo such a process where people say well, religion is just your personal thing, don't bother other with it, and don't let religion decide about the law and constitution of your country.
 
Old 07-17-2017, 07:16 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,255,922 times
Reputation: 7578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
People in Western countries, especially Europe, had to fight bloody wars against the almighty churches to get their rights and freedom. Now they pushed church into a corner where it is just a free-time activity and not the ruling authority about peoples life. That process took like 500 years.

Islam has yet to undergo such a process where people say well, religion is just your personal thing, don't bother other with it, and don't let religion decide about the law and constitution of your country.
I agree.
This is why I said western countries are far ahead in terms of LGBT (and other rights such women's rights), but it is silly to indicated Chrisitianity is more tolerant. It simply is not.

in 2017, all religions are redundant, or at least do more harm than good. People did and are doing so many evils things under the name of religion.
 
Old 07-17-2017, 07:22 AM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
14,729 posts, read 10,619,417 times
Reputation: 19896
This turned ugly fast. Thread closed.
__________________
When I post in bold red that is moderator action and, per the TOS, can only be discussed through Direct Message.Moderator - Arkansas & subforums, Asia, Kentucky & subforums, Military Life, and P&OC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top