U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 04:48 AM

102 posts, read 50,331 times

Advertisements

The wealth gap between different people in South Korea was told to be much lower compared with China, Singapore, US and the UK. Maybe Nordic countries are still slightly better on the wealth gap.

Many Shanghai, Singaporean and HK girls are similar. The number of MEN in the cities having properties or cash worth millions of USD is very high. Most are married men, not single men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunAndRain808 View Post
I don't like L.A. girls. People there tend to be fake and materialistic. The girls there only look at your job, your income, and the car that you drive.

Last edited by HSrights; 08-28-2017 at 04:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 05:59 AM

15,965 posts, read 36,447,193 times
Quote:
I definitely feel more vibrant and happy when visiting Korea. But the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence when you are only visiting a place, and I have to keep telling myself that when I have the urge to leave the US and to relocate to S. Korea. It's a totally different story if I work there - Different work culture, more work hours, more stressful living, etc.

Hence, the reason why I was looking at a different Asian country to relocate to in order to find a potential future wife, and Singapore popped up on my radar when doing the research. =)
You also have to think about what you'd do for work....

In South Korea, teaching English or doing anything with English language schools (if you are Korean-American...Kyopo). You might, in general, find it easier to find work in Korea.

Singapore will be more high-level professions...i.e. MBA-graduates and the like, with few of the teaching English options.

For the most part, most Americans in Asia, are usually going the teaching English thing. Unless they have much higher professional skills.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:47 AM

12,531 posts, read 18,629,417 times
Quote:
Hence, the reason why I was looking at a different Asian country to relocate to in order to find a potential future wife, and Singapore popped up on my radar when doing the research. =)
I guess you ignored my original thread. One does not move to another country to "meet chicks", that's a bit extreme....plus that's what the internet is for!

Like has been said, Singapore is not an easy sell for American guys (even Korean-Americans) compared to the rest of Asia. In China and SE Asia, to be frank, American guys are on the top of the food chain! We are GODS, as long as you promise them a move the American (and bring there family with them...gets a bit complex and messy at that point). In Singapore, not so much - they are used to westerners and material wealth to a certain degree. I've also found them, how do I say it...a bit colder and impersonal. That may be the result of urban living.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:38 AM

5,062 posts, read 3,486,695 times
For you angry disgruntled members of the Red Pill Club the Philippines is probably your last chance for your idea of male salvation. It's still mostly Third World and many of the women are open to the White Knight concept of relationships whereby a well heeled Caucasian rescues his brown skinned damsel in distress with a Green Card and residence in the US. Just be aware of the pitfalls.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:37 AM

116 posts, read 67,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I guess you ignored my original thread. One does not move to another country to "meet chicks", that's a bit extreme....plus that's what the internet is for!

Like has been said, Singapore is not an easy sell for American guys (even Korean-Americans) compared to the rest of Asia. In China and SE Asia, to be frank, American guys are on the top of the food chain! We are GODS, as long as you promise them a move the American (and bring there family with them...gets a bit complex and messy at that point). In Singapore, not so much - they are used to westerners and material wealth to a certain degree. I've also found them, how do I say it...a bit colder and impersonal. That may be the result of urban living.
I can totally see this. I personally know a few Vietnamese women who've married Americans for a green card (not only but definitely one of the important factors). Some of them have also remarried after they have gotten their citizenship. Can someone comment how common that happens?

Old 08-28-2017, 02:10 PM

12,531 posts, read 18,629,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by attisbons View Post
I can totally see this. I personally know a few Vietnamese women who've married Americans for a green card (not only but definitely one of the important factors). Some of them have also remarried after they have gotten their citizenship. Can someone comment how common that happens?
It happens in just about every developing country, not only Asia.
There might be some threads about it, I think I remember reading some in the past. Some make good wives, some are money grabbing ho's, many are extraordinarily beautiful. Many American males fall in love with SE Asian woman that are literally prostitutes, with of course disasterous results. But even for the legitimate SE Asian woman the key difference seems to be that with Asian girls, as family is such a big part of their culture, you are not just marrying them, you are marrying there entire family. So if you marry an Asian girl you can expect not only your new wife moving with you to the US, but her mother, her father, her brothers, her uncle, the grandma, etc. You will be supporting all of them.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attisbons View Post
That's in every country in Asia, Africa, South America, on and on.

PARTICULARLY if the guy marries someone where they have nothing in common at all....in general, you meet A LOT of western men in Asia, whose only interests are getting laid, getting drunk, and not much else.

But, if they do manage to pull things together, and find a good girl with a decent education (not very likely, but if they do), she won't tolerate that behavior forever, and will eventually separate and find someone more compatible.

While you might get a 'well-put-together' foreigner going wife-shopping in Asia...and who equally has no interest in whoring or barstool-living...it's not very common. But I would think that kind of guy could probably navigate a higher level of social worlds to meets someone more in common, if they have the initiative, and if they have the right calibre of social skills.

In general, what I see most often is a westerner into prostitutes and bars, while wife-shopping on the side. It's never a smart approach to a finding a lifelong marriage that'll last a lifetime.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:28 AM

1 posts, read 433 times
In Singapore, they use a western language called English as the main language, this helps reduce discrimination by language. In other countries, discriminating people unable to understand the main local language is very common.

Old 08-29-2017, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyen_thoai View Post
In Singapore, they use a western language called English as the main language, this helps reduce discrimination by language. In other countries, discriminating people unable to understand the main local language is very common.
There are many languages in Singapore. If they wanted to switch to another language to say something disparity, they could quite easily...if they wanted to.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:03 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,127,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It happens in just about every developing country, not only Asia.
There might be some threads about it, I think I remember reading some in the past. Some make good wives, some are money grabbing ho's, many are extraordinarily beautiful. Many American males fall in love with SE Asian woman that are literally prostitutes, with of course disasterous results. But even for the legitimate SE Asian woman the key difference seems to be that with Asian girls, as family is such a big part of their culture, you are not just marrying them, you are marrying there entire family. So if you marry an Asian girl you can expect not only your new wife moving with you to the US, but her mother, her father, her brothers, her uncle, the grandma, etc. You will be supporting all of them.
thats ridiculous and I have never seen a situation like that. maybe the mom will come coz she is needed to baby sit which is really beneficial to both of you but the whole family coming in? she can petition her parents but her siblings? thats 20 years waiting time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or