Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 05:26 AM

101 posts, read 97,509 times

Advertisements

Non-air conditioned places are fine if they have fans.

They have been used to the situation for generations. Chinese Malaysians and Singaporeans eat more spicy Malaysian and Indian food than the Chinese in southern coastal china. People in Chinese provinces favoring spicy food also don't sweat a lot eating spicy food in summer.

Most HK women refuse to go with men to places without air conditioning in summer. Places and food must be nice for them. They are all food experts in a city full of different international cuisines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
Though Singaporean girls may be materialistic, they possess certain traits that girls in other places don't have. Their tolerance for heat.

In those non-air conditioned hawker centers around Singapore, during lunch hour you can see a lot of nicely dressed office girls with make-up devouring spicy food like Laksa or Chili Crab. The temperature may have approached 100 degrees Fahrenheit (34 degrees Celsius), but these girls don't sweat and their make up do not fade away.

How can they manage it? I guess their DNA are different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 09:42 PM

8,388 posts, read 6,757,116 times
When I first lived in Singapore in the 60's there was virtually no air conditioning in homes or business places. Nowadays people are mostly air con dependent. I can't think of any of my relatives who don't have it. Sometimes where you live and how you residence is set up makes all the difference.

We stay in a high rise three bedroom condo in Yew Tee when we visit. Our main bedroom faces north towards Johore Bahru where we are close enough to see the skyline in the distance. There are no other large buildings in that direction to restrict air flow.

At night there's normally a good breeze to cool things down so we just use a fan. The other two bedrooms and living room face several other high rises that block airflow to the point that you need air con to sleep. The living room windows face out to the hallway and have to be shut at night for safety and becomes furnace level hot.

Old 08-15-2019, 11:43 AM

1,138 posts, read 510,880 times
The right of protests and the right to own a gun are two obvious differences.

Old 12-25-2021, 08:23 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,327,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marikumari1 View Post
I want to move to Singapore but have no idea from what to start.
Housing can be expensive,

Old 12-25-2021, 09:01 AM

24 posts, read 14,321 times
Quote:
I want to move to Singapore but have no idea from what to start.
Well, first of all, I think you need to contact the Singapore embassy in your country. After that try to figure out what documents you need to move there. Also don't forget about the city, place, house you gonna live in, you should figure all this out now, not when you arrive there. And of course a job, that will bring you money there, don't forget about it as well.

Old 12-25-2021, 09:42 AM

24 posts, read 14,321 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PozziBros View Post
Well, first of all, I think you need to contact the Singapore embassy in your country. After that try to figure out what documents you need to move there. Also don't forget about the city, place, house you gonna live in, you should figure all this out now, not when you arrive there. And of course a job, that will bring you money there, don't forget about it as well. Singapore company incorporation cost guide will help you as well.
it's so much work...
thank you
I'll try my best
Don't be afraid, you'll succeed if you really want that!

Old 01-19-2022, 07:27 PM

249 posts, read 160,861 times
Look for a job on Okinawa. People are very friendly and more English is understood by locals. There are substantial number of Okinawans who immigrated to Hawaii in the past, so you will not stand out. Weather, somewhat similar to Hawaii.

But, I think you need to work on different issues. Women like confidence intelligence, supportive nature, and compassion. Looks and good career helps but not a deal maker. Approach women with genuine interest in what they are saying.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:16 PM

5,490 posts, read 13,867,464 times
I am quite curious myself. Pretty much the first most wealthiest Asian country and city. Wow! Approximately 1/5th 20% of the entire population are part of multimillionaire families. Only Switzerland, Qatar arrive close to this dreamy, lofty reality. How much is a cup of coffee at a regular Cafe? In Dubai, $10 USD! Singapore still appears mostly affordable. Which is also the case for Dubai. Only the menu prices are that expensive. Other than having a 2 bedroom monthly rental. And some basic essentials. What is the percentage in house owners? Not in apartments. Does Singapore have Chandeliers in Restaurants and trendy Cafes? Or otherwise plain ambience because too expensive for store owners to really thrive on such conditions.

I honestly prefer Seoul South Korea over Singapore. Although, still just enough of a fan. Seoul wins over Singapore for enough to lots of reasons. (Cafes, Above Ground Public Transportation With The Vast 1 Train Line And Inner 2 Loop Being One Of The Most Scenic Rides That I Have Ever Seen Experienced, Usual Affordability, Weather Climate(Yes, Before Singapore!), Even More Massive Mega City At Least Double From 5 To 10 Million, Much More Land Space, Higher Amount Of In Addition Non Modern Buildings(Even some trace Russian influence in Seoul), Some Extra Neighorhood Districts, And Further Variety). I almost felt like I lived in Seoul Gyeonggi Province three months December 2020 to February 2021.

Only some of the Food scene, and puzzling encounter online of maybe some cheaper Luxury 3 to 5 Star Hotels in Singapore compared to Seoul other than the extra wealth is dominant in the boundaries of Singapore.

Old 02-02-2022, 04:42 AM

1,880 posts, read 1,817,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
I am quite curious myself. Pretty much the first most wealthiest Asian country and city. Wow! Approximately 1/5th 20% of the entire population are part of multimillionaire families. Only Switzerland, Qatar arrive close to this dreamy, lofty reality. How much is a cup of coffee at a regular Cafe? In Dubai, $10 USD! Singapore still appears mostly affordable. Which is also the case for Dubai. Only the menu prices are that expensive. Other than having a 2 bedroom monthly rental. And some basic essentials. What is the percentage in house owners? Not in apartments. Does Singapore have Chandeliers in Restaurants and trendy Cafes? Or otherwise plain ambience because too expensive for store owners to really thrive on such conditions.

I honestly prefer Seoul South Korea over Singapore. Although, still just enough of a fan. Seoul wins over Singapore for enough to lots of reasons. (Cafes, Above Ground Public Transportation With The Vast 1 Train Line And Inner 2 Loop Being One Of The Most Scenic Rides That I Have Ever Seen Experienced, Usual Affordability, Weather Climate(Yes, Before Singapore!), Even More Massive Mega City At Least Double From 5 To 10 Million, Much More Land Space, Higher Amount Of In Addition Non Modern Buildings(Even some trace Russian influence in Seoul), Some Extra Neighorhood Districts, And Further Variety). I almost felt like I lived in Seoul Gyeonggi Province three months December 2020 to February 2021.

Only some of the Food scene, and puzzling encounter online of maybe some cheaper Luxury 3 to 5 Star Hotels in Singapore compared to Seoul other than the extra wealth is dominant in the boundaries of Singapore.
Chandeliers in restaurants maybe, and those high end ones probably.. yet to see chandeliers in cafes...

Weather- well if you love winter and hate summer , you will not feel good in Singapore

Starbucks is abt S$10 here... means about US$8+ ??

Wines and beer are super expensive .. giving you a heads up

Old 03-01-2022, 06:27 PM

5,490 posts, read 13,867,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Chandeliers in restaurants maybe, and those high end ones probably.. yet to see chandeliers in cafes...

Weather- well if you love winter and hate summer , you will not feel good in Singapore

Starbucks is abt S$10 here... means about US$8+ ??

Wines and beer are super expensive .. giving you a heads up
From my own visit in December 2020 into February 2021 three months, Seoul South Korea is with more than 10 Independent Cafes worth visiting. At least 5 of them having Chandeliers. Including Brown and Gold Chandeliers. One of my most missed memories of top rank action in South Korea is to enter these Cafes. And use my computer over there. In a highly interactive exciting nightlife bar atmosphere. Not a library. South Korea is having some of the best coffee in all of Planet Earth. Green Tea, Black Sesame, even Sweet Potato flavors. Still not too expensive. $3 To $5 up to less than $8. And even the Europe sweet flavors. Other than the Asian ones that I rather have anyways when in Asia. I never went to Starbucks in South Korea.

I bet Singapore is like the Persian Gulf(UAE, Qatar, Kuwait) at least. And Switzerland. When people make more money. Minus well bring up the costs. For average cup of coffee. Even economically wealthier than South Korea. Although, that one did quite well compared to Worldwide average standards.

I love 4 seasons. Especially when done right. Seoul South Korea is even colder than New York City with a humid warm hot summer. I actually enjoyed 12/2 15/5 23/9 in Fahrenheit for Seoul when I am there back then. Out of 25 countries, that was the most coldest I ever experience internationally. Other than the mountains in the republic of Georgia 17/7 with Heavy Snow on the ground. And when I visited Poland 25/15.

I still love to live in Bangkok Thailand, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, Singapore, Jakarta Indonesia. And Delhi India(Much hotter than Singapore). Outside of my own home country, I lived in Constanta Romania region. On three separate years.

And of course Northeast China mega cities even further frigid than Seoul: Harbin, Shenyang, Changchun, Dalian.

Elite wealthy people playground of peace in Singapore. So, still quite nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia