U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 05:43 AM

2,415 posts, read 1,609,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Not sure how anyone could make such a ridiculous comparison.
Sorry, you mised the point. I'm not saying China is as evil and as insane as the thug-group, I just meant U.S.A "creates" fake "enemies" they're sure they can defeat. The same applies to the EU.

Russia is fake political enemy, China is fake economical enemy and ISIS are fake military enemy.

I've never been fan of western politics to begin with, boticelli probably knows how much I "adore" the west which is why he makes absurd statements, if anything I'd like to see Japan cutting their indendence on anything western rather than being happy that they're "aligned".

About China: I have no reason to like communist country, where 20 millon dogs are eaten, where they censor facebook/instagram or ban winnie the pooh lol. Not to mention the huge salaries, functioning elevators, driving without accidents, easy languege and etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 06:35 AM

6,726 posts, read 6,604,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Sorry, you mised the point. I'm not saying China is as evil and as insane as the thug-group, I just meant U.S.A "creates" fake "enemies" they're sure they can defeat. The same applies to the EU.

Russia is fake political enemy, China is fake economical enemy and ISIS are fake military enemy.

I've never been fan of western politics to begin with, boticelli probably knows how much I "adore" the west which is why he makes absurd statements, if anything I'd like to see Japan cutting their indendence on anything western rather than being happy that they're "aligned".

About China: I have no reason to like communist country, where 20 millon dogs are eaten, where they censor facebook/instagram or ban winnie the pooh lol. Not to mention the huge salaries, functioning elevators, driving without accidents, easy languege and etc.
It's absurd to call China "Communist", when the economy system is nothing "Communist". Maybe it's just a derogatory word for "dictatorship"?

The vast majority of Chinese people do not eat dogs, while Japan is one of the few countries slaughtering dolphins and whales on masse. I guess people just believe what they want to believe though.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:17 AM

9,603 posts, read 2,652,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
It's absurd to call China "Communist", when the economy system is nothing "Communist". Maybe it's just a derogatory word for "dictatorship"?

The vast majority of Chinese people do not eat dogs, while Japan is one of the few countries slaughtering dolphins and whales on masse. I guess people just believe what they want to believe though.
The pictures of Japanese slaughtering the beautiful dolphins in mass are deeply disturbing, the turn the ocean red.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:02 PM

^ Dolphins are still fish, everyone eats fish...dogs and cats on the other hand...

And how is china not communistic when they're run by the Communist party of China? 0_0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_China

Old 08-16-2017, 01:31 PM

913 posts, read 550,034 times
Quote:
^ Dolphins are still fish, everyone eats fish...dogs and cats on the other hand...

And how is china not communistic when they're run by the Communist party of China? 0_0

You lost all credibility with that statement.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:38 PM

913 posts, read 550,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post

The dolphin/porpoise hunts are horrific but only a handful of places do it and it is as much part of their traditions as eating dogs is in parts of China. Whale meat are rarely consumed in Japan now and the annual whale hunts to Antarctica are economic losses dependent on government support.
Traditional Chinese medicine plays an undeniable role in hastening the extinction of rhinos and other rare species, not to mention the ivory trade.
For the record I'm strongly against all of the practices I listed. It just annoys me when people point to other people's practices to feel better about themselves.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:44 PM

OK, aside from the moral/PETA things, here are some more laughable indicators about the "great" chinese economy:

Chinese Shanghai stock index (aka - adjusted average of all major Chinese companies...), 5 year price:

2114/3246, or ~53% rise...but:

Japanese Nikkei 225:

9162/19729: ~215%

So, the value of the Japanese companies has grown 4 times better in 5 years and that's even for a developed country!
Sure China has better GDP growth but their business seems hardly existing, especially if we're talking about big companies and recognized brands around the worrld. It may take decades until China battle Japan on the corporate level.

edit: grammar.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:

Dolphins are fish?? Was your biology taught by a musician (no offense to musicians)?
Dolphins and whales are wild mammals, and IMO it is more harmful to kill wild mammals than some domestic ones.

China is ruled by a party with a "communist" title so China must be communist? What is your logic?

Old 08-16-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
The dolphin/porpoise hunts are horrific but only a handful of places do it and it is as much part of their traditions as eating dogs is in parts of China. Whale meat are rarely consumed in Japan now and the annual whale hunts to Antarctica are economic losses dependent on government support.
Traditional Chinese medicine plays an undeniable role in hastening the extinction of rhinos and other rare species, not to mention the ivory trade.
For the record I'm strongly against all of the practices I listed. It just annoys me when people point to other people's practices to feel better about themselves.
Yes some old Chinese are ignorant and believed rhino horns are useful etc., but 99% Chinese have never seen one rhino horn in their entire life. So it is very inappropriate to say Chinese blah blah in general. China also banned the trade long time ago. The blame should also be shared with those African countries, not just China.

Europeans are responsible for most man-caused extinctions in recent 200 years, especially in Australia and Africa.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:

So, the value of the Japanese companies has grown 4 times better in 5 years and that's even for a developed country!
Sure China has better GDP growth but their business seems hardly existing, especially if we're talking about big companies and recognized brands around the worrld. It may take decades until China battle Japan on the corporate level.

edit: grammar.
Do you know Huawei? It is the largest telecommunications equipment manufacturer in the world.
The so called Google Nexus 6P and Pixel 7P smart phones are both made by Huawei.

Why Americans never heard of it? Because US government sometimes does not allow it, and Huawei's marketing strategy is to hide their name. The "AT&T fusion phone" and "Google Nexus" are just Huawei.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huawei
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or