Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2017, 06:58 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,922 times

Advertisements

India is going all in with Japan.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.economi...w/60476806.cms

https://www.google.com/amp/m.economi...w/60471730.cms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 10:22 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
A Japan-India space program is a great idea.

Does India participate in the ISS program? I don't think they do.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:55 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,718,787 times
Quote:
That's actually surprising.
The average Japanese rarely eats Sushi either.

Americans hardly know anything about Japan yet so many claim they adore Japan and its culture.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
A Japan-India space program is a great idea.

Does India participate in the ISS program? I don't think they do.
They aren't, it's too expensive for them.

I like how one of the articles phrased Japan and India's potential relationship; Japan is developed with money to spend but has an old population and low economic growth while India is underdeveloped and poor but with a young population and high growth.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
The average Japanese rarely eats Sushi either.

Americans hardly know anything about Japan yet so many claim they adore Japan and its culture.
I don't know, I still would need actual numbers to convince me the average adult didn't watch anime; sushi on the other hand I can believe.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Chinese movies, outside of having a heavy theme of mainland propaganda, have gotten worse because they took way to much from micheal Bay type films from Hollywood in the worst way possible. Now instead of a Kung fu classic you get something like dragon blade or something even worse. This is sad because Chinese culture and history has so much potential to be a great setting to a great movie but right now they're focused on outspending Hollywood which doesn't necessarily make for a quality movie.

Anime is just in general over dramatic, repetitive, and way to overly sexualized.
The Chinese movies have always been bad (with only a handful of good ones as exceptions), however the fact you expect China to keep making Kongfu movies is bizarre. Just because the west enjoys such a fake China? I myself am very sick of Jacky Chan because he just loves to b the clown for western audience. It is like asking the British to keep making Harry Potter kind of movies. And China is still making a LOT of kongfu movies/TV shows, too many, you just don't know about them.

I don't worry about Hollywood. Hollywood makes a few great movies every year, but 99% is low class trash as well. High spending, high box office =/= high quality, right?

Old 09-12-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I don't know, I still would need actual numbers to convince me the average adult didn't watch anime; sushi on the other hand I can believe.
haha, where in the world do you expect adults to frequently watch anime? Trust me, it doesn't represent culture. I hope Americans stop thinking of this when they talk about Japanese culture.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
haha, where in the world do you expect adults to frequently watch anime? Trust me, it doesn't represent culture. I hope Americans stop thinking of this when they talk about Japanese culture.
Well I would look more highly on the Japanese if this were true since I hate anime.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
The Chinese movies have always been bad (with only a handful of good ones as exceptions), however the fact you expect China to keep making Kongfu movies is bizarre. Just because the west enjoys such a fake China? I myself am very sick of Jacky Chan because he just loves to b the clown for western audience. It is like asking the British to keep making Harry Potter kind of movies. And China is still making a LOT of kongfu movies/TV shows, too many, you just don't know about them.

I don't worry about Hollywood. Hollywood makes a few great movies every year, but 99% is low class trash as well. High spending, high box office =/= high quality, right?
Jackie Chan is a very patriotic Chinese national who has been making more serious films aimed at the domestic Chinese audience so based off of your supposed description it is strange you would still dislike him.

As for the Chinese movie industry right now it is bad plain and simple. If China wants to make a diverse selection of films that's up to them but right now they're spending a lot of money on a lot of movies that still can't compete with Hollywood. If they mature to the point where they do get better I'd love to watch them but until then as an American I would only watch movies distinctly about China for my personal enjoyment of Chinese culture (kung fu, ancient Chinese emperors, evil dragons, stuff like that).

With that being said I think within a decade or two the Chinese audience will evolve in taste to the point where they demand movies of more debth than something like Warcraft (a western movie that couldn't compete with other western movies).

Old 09-12-2017, 05:40 PM

Japan, Thailand sign 7 deals to strengthen economic ties
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia