U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2017, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,615 posts, read 2,654,642 times
Reputation: 2551

Advertisements

Japan GDP Q2 2017 - Business Insider

what is china going to do about the land of the rising sun emerging as an economic power?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2017, 01:32 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,262,981 times
Reputation: 7586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Japan GDP Q2 2017 - Business Insider

what is china going to do about the land of the rising sun emerging as an economic power?
so Japan had a good quarter with 1% growth, but why should China be worried about this trival fact, considering the fact the 25 Chinese provinces grew by 7-10% in general in the first half of 2017 and Japan is less than half of China's GDP?

Japan has always been an economic power, why do you say it is "emerging" as if it were India or Thailand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2017, 07:17 AM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,615 posts, read 2,654,642 times
Reputation: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
so Japan had a good quarter with 1% growth, but why should China be worried about this trival fact, considering the fact the 25 Chinese provinces grew by 7-10% in general in the first half of 2017 and Japan is less than half of China's GDP?

Japan has always been an economic power, why do you say it is "emerging" as if it were India or Thailand?
Firstly this is their longest streak of growth since 2006 (and soon 2001) and with an economy to back them up they'll be tougher players in the Sea of Japan and elsewhere in the region investing in India, Vietnam, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2017, 11:20 AM
 
1,011 posts, read 628,757 times
Reputation: 283
Japan is no more than a puppet of US. So China better worry about US than Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Firstly this is their longest streak of growth since 2006 (and soon 2001) and with an economy to back them up they'll be tougher players in the Sea of Japan and elsewhere in the region investing in India, Vietnam, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2017, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,615 posts, read 2,654,642 times
Reputation: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
Japan is no more than a puppet of US. So China better worry about US than Japan
No, they are working independently with India and building a new sphere of influence.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.economi...w/60075332.cms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2017, 01:58 PM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,262,981 times
Reputation: 7586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Firstly this is their longest streak of growth since 2006 (and soon 2001) and with an economy to back them up they'll be tougher players in the Sea of Japan and elsewhere in the region investing in India, Vietnam, etc.
with occasional 1% growth and rapidly declining population?
Japan is too old to bounce back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2017, 02:13 PM
 
2,415 posts, read 1,610,128 times
Reputation: 1404
Amazing country, I'm still improving my Japanese and hoping to move there soon.
China are just overhyped, self-invented enemy of some Western powers, just like ISIS. They should team up with India, Eastern Europe, Israel and Turkey and become new top power again as projected by George Friedman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2017, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,615 posts, read 2,654,642 times
Reputation: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
with occasional 1% growth and rapidly declining population?
Japan is too old to bounce back.
The future is robotic and the Japanese are the best able to handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2017, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,615 posts, read 2,654,642 times
Reputation: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Amazing country, I'm still improving my Japanese and hoping to move there soon.
China are just overhyped, self-invented enemy of some Western powers, just like ISIS. They should team up with India, Eastern Europe, Israel and Turkey and become new top power again as projected by George Friedman.
They as in China or Japan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2017, 03:26 PM
 
2,415 posts, read 1,610,128 times
Reputation: 1404
^ Japan obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top