Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 05:21 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
This argument is like saying that when we go to a car dealership, the FERRARI and the KIA should be the same price, after all, they are both cars.

People are jumping hoops to get to USA and/or Canada because hundreds of thousands of other people are doing the same thing...it stresses all of the agencies constantly processing all of the paperwork. These countries also offer something else - i.e. possibilities of high paying jobs, citizenship, well-known education, desirable laws for emigration, etc. Go to any US Embassy, and you'll see lines out the door of people trying to get in. Meanwhile the U.S. Embassies have to process and research all of the applications because of anti-American terrorism, fraudulent marriages, fraudulent ID thefts, people visiting without the intention of actually just visiting, the list goes on and on.

I don't know how this (high paying jobs, good education) applies to my 65 year old mother who is visiting her son. It is a tourist visa, not an immigration/work visa. I understand a screening process can be necessary, but it should not be so time consuming. I actually wanted to sponsor her to immigrate to Canada and she said no because she doesn't think life in Canada is better for her at all.

The irony lies in the fact that a medical doctor who owns 5 million dollars in a developing country needs to go through a complicated visa process just to visit Portugal, while a jobless drug addict American loser who never did anything in his life can visit all those countries visa-free. I don't know is Ferrari and who is Kia.

Life is not fair. I get it. But some poor countries requiring visas is only part of it as well.

Last edited by botticelli; 10-10-2017 at 06:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 06:18 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I actually wanted to sponsor her to immigrate to Canada and she said no because she doesn't think life in Canada is better for her at all.
That's the issue right there. Almost everyone on the planet knows this is a possibility.

There is NO possibility with this with visiting Bangladesh. There are NO laws that make this possible. It CANNOT happen, because the country is closed for the opportunity altogether.

Because almost anyone on the planet can visit US/Canada/Australia and there is this real consideration and possibility of actual emigration, it creates issues for those who might just want to visit.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
That's the issue right there. Almost everyone on the planet knows this is a possibility.

There is NO possibility with this with visiting Bangladesh. There are NO laws that make this possible. It CANNOT happen, because the country is closed for the opportunity altogether.

Because almost anyone on the planet can visit US/Canada/Australia and there is this real consideration and possibility of actual emigration, it creates issues for those who might just want to visit.
Canada/Australia, yes, but the US, how? I don't think it accepts immigrants from overseas unless you already have family there, which will still takes as long as 10-20 years.

But it is beyond the discussion here. We are talking about tourist visa. You are complaining why you need a visa and why it is so expensive.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Canada/Australia, yes, but the US, how? I don't think it accepts immigrants from overseas unless you already have family there, which will still takes as long as 10-20 years.

But it is beyond the discussion here. We are talking about tourist visa. You are complaining why you need a visa and why it is so expensive.
Well, plenty of places need visas...that's not the issue at all. Plenty of places cost money for visas...India, China, etc. if you are an American, European, etc., for example. USA, Canada, if you are Bangladeshi, Chinese, etc. They are all worth it.

The issue is if Bangladesh is worth US$150....considering the rise of Islamic extremism, 'death of bloggers'...and plenty of other issues...the consumption of alcohol is basically banned. There isn't a whole lot of touristic things that people talk about for things to do. That's the bigger issue. The jumping through multitudes of visa hoops, when arguing there is no real reason to go there, than to simply experience being in the country, is what makes the question, "Is it worth it?"

Old 10-10-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Well, plenty of places need visas...that's not the issue at all. Plenty of places cost money for visas...India, China, etc. if you are an American, European, etc., for example. USA, Canada, if you are Bangladeshi, Chinese, etc. They are all worth it.

The issue is if Bangladesh is worth US$150....considering the rise of Islamic extremism, 'death of bloggers'...and plenty of other issues...the consumption of alcohol is basically banned. There isn't a whole lot of touristic things that people talk about for things to do. That's the bigger issue. The jumping through multitudes of visa hoops, when arguing there is no real reason to go there, than to simply experience being in the country, is what makes the question, "Is it worth it?"
OK, I finally get what you saying. So you think it is worth 150$ to apply a visa for US because it is prosperous and maybe $10 for Bangladesh because the country is poor and dangerous... unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

For me it is not worth it for sure. I have no interest in visiting it. But I don't blame the Bangladeshi government. They have the right to charge whatever price they deem appropriate. Apparently they don't really care about tourism...

Old 10-10-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
OK, I finally get what you saying. So you think it is worth 150$ to apply a visa for US because it is prosperous and maybe $10 for Bangladesh because the country is poor and dangerous... unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

For me it is not worth it for sure. I have no interest in visiting it. But I don't blame the Bangladeshi government. They have the right to charge whatever price they deem appropriate. Apparently they don't really care about tourism...
Well, it has nothing to do with being prosperous. India charges US$150, and it's worth it.

Sure, of course, Bangladesh can charge whatever they want. They have that right, of course. But, doing that type of thing is basically the reason so few people have any interest in going.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Well, it has nothing to do with being prosperous. India charges US$150, and it's worth it.

Sure, of course, Bangladesh can charge whatever they want. They have that right, of course. But, doing that type of thing is basically the reason so few people have any interest in going.
again, they charge $150 because the US government charges them the same amount. How come you can't comprehend this? If the US lower the visa fee to $20, they will do so as well.

You can't honestly expect them to charge $20 while your government charges $150, just because there is more to see in the US? International relations are not like that.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
again, they charge $150 because the US government charges them the same amount. How come you can't comprehend this? If the US lower the visa fee to $20, they will do so as well.

You can't honestly expect them to charge $20 while your government charges $150, just because there is more to see in the US? International relations are not like that.
I get that you want to go to the US cheaply or whatever. But review the other two pages. We've discussed both of these issues.

All western foreigners (Europeans, Australians, etc.) are also charged high prices, etc. + the Bangladesh not worth visiting.

Sorry you can't go to the U.S. cheaper. I don't mind paying the US$150 to go to China. But I understand how you might be frustrated.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I get that you want to go to the US cheaply or whatever. But review the other two pages. We've discussed both of these issues.

All western foreigners (Europeans, Australians, etc.) are also charged high prices, etc. + the Bangladesh not worth visiting.

Sorry you can't go to the U.S. cheaper. I don't mind paying the US$150 to go to China. But I understand how you might be frustrated.
I want to go to the US cheaply? First I studied an lived in California for 4 years; two, I am a Canadian citizen and can visit the US visa free any time I want. For the past 5 years I always travelled outside North America because it bores me. I don't know why I should be "frustrated".

The point of the discussion is price of the visa doesn't depend how interesting this country is. If the US charges $150, they will charge the same amount. If you think it is too high, blame the US for asking for too much, not the Bangladeshi government for being reciprocal.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
If the US charges $150, they will charge the same amount.
It doesn't matter where this discussion goes, you are going to keep repeating the same thing no matter how unrelated the subsequent post is. We got it, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia