U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 04:30 AM

6,818 posts, read 5,186,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Canned or caned?
Typo. I meant caned.

Quote:
China is, indeed, generally extremely safe, and I feel better with my wife walking down the street alone here than I do in most big American cities, but I still find the idea that people here are somehow impervious to violence and violent outbursts because they like to study or something to be infantilizing and absurd.
I would call China moderately/ok safe. Other countries in the region are what I’d call extremely safe.

Last edited by Greysholic; 10-13-2017 at 04:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 06:02 AM

666 posts, read 595,850 times
@415....You know the apartment building complex called Metro on the corner of Tianhe Bei Lu and Tiyu Dong Lu (Guangzhou Tianhe)? Across from the soccer stadium (Tiyu Zhong Xin). Last year a guy walked into an office in that building and blew himself up. He had some bomb device strapped to him. Its up the street from where I live. My wife search all over the media and it wasn't anywhere in the news.

Also, suicide has risen greatly in China. Most of it is reasons for financial pressure and bad mistakes and debt accumulation. People trying to get ahead or seeing others wealthy and wanting it as well.

Btw, I think you own the Tex-Mex taco place near Tiyu Xi Lu right? I've tried to find it like 5 times, still haven't found it...ha. I'd love to go.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:54 AM

88 posts, read 42,033 times
JakeinChina: I dont think a simple stabbing would make the news in most countries. Also we must not forget that China has 1.4 billion people. Can you imagine the kind of stories wed hear from places like Germany if it were 20 times as large? Well 20x the news stories.

The Chinese arent a violent group of people, this is evident by looking at how well behaved they are when emigrating to other countries. Asian Americans (1st, 2nd and 3rd generation alike) commit the lowest amount of crime among all racial groups.

But of course there are violent Chinese. Just statistically less of them than violent Germans, and way less than violent Brazilians for example.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:08 AM

4,975 posts, read 3,446,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
@MSGsing........Show me one piece of proof that in China today, authorities parade out its citizens in sports stadiums and execute people in public in front of others? Send me anything, any kind of proof.

Not only am I confident they do not, I have personal family experience on this issue and I know its not true.

Executions in China are done very very discreetly.

That's not what I said. Executed in private. Public humiliation.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:48 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,353,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles XII View Post
Asian women still prefer alpha males over beta males. At least for one night stands and such. They do tend to marry more for money however, hence you usually see stunning women together with nerdy engineers in places like Korea.

Western beta males who are out of the gene pool in their home countries usually don't have much trouble finding love in Asia. But I think the reason is that the men in many Asian countries are such betas themselves, that the Western betas almost seem alpha in comparison. At least more alpha than they do back home. Then of course it is the status thing of having light skin.

Regarding crime in China: Violent crime is very low, you don't have to worry about it. Only thing you have to worry about is getting scammed/ripped off. However, there is a possibility of violent crime and that is if you do something very immoral towards a national. Like raping a Chinese girl. You will suffer the consequences if you think you can act however you want.

Alpha males are successful males, not violent ones who may end up in prison anyday.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:47 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,927,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles XII View Post
Asian women still prefer alpha males over beta males. At least for one night stands and such. They do tend to marry more for money however, hence you usually see stunning women together with nerdy engineers in places like Korea.

Western beta males who are out of the gene pool in their home countries usually don't have much trouble finding love in Asia. But I think the reason is that the men in many Asian countries are such betas themselves, that the Western betas almost seem alpha in comparison. At least more alpha than they do back home. Then of course it is the status thing of having light skin.
What did the above have anything to do with this thread?

The bolded part also showed your utter cluelessness. The reason was money, nothing more.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:49 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,927,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmun View Post
There is little violent crime in East Asia and some SE countries because they are Confucius countries. Japan imported Confucius doctrines and dogma from China couple thousand years ago. Their social structure is oriented around Confucius dogma. Japan is arguably even more "Chinese" than Chinese are because the traditions they adopted haven't changed much since couple thousand years ago e.g. ancient Chinese used to be very polite to each others just like Japan now.

Vietnam, North Korea, South Korea and others likewise. SE Asia social structures are also influenced by it to some extent.
I don't think religion has anything to do with it. If anything, Asians in Asia are probably the least religious people I've known. Most of them are actually atheists.

Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM

150 posts, read 11,265 times
Robberies in China decreased significantly due to the wide use of smartphones being used to pay instead of. cash. Cities in Taiwan other than Taipei have higher number of crimes including robberies and telephone scams. Taiwan has been known as a hot bed of criminal activities to overseas Chinese people in Southeast Asia and People of HK and Macau. Victims of Taiwanese scammers include overseas Chinese and mainland Chinese.

Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM

6,818 posts, read 5,186,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomboy- View Post
Cities in Taiwan other than Taipei have higher number of crimes including robberies and telephone scams.
Isn't it easy to pull retarded bull**** out of your ass?

Source?

Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM

150 posts, read 11,265 times
Over the years, many Taiwanese phone scammers had been arrested in Africa, Europe, Southeast Asia, HK, Macau and Mainland China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia