U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 08:34 AM

6,773 posts, read 5,121,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
Malaysia is not unsafe, but is corrupt. It is unsafe and corrupt compared to Singapore (and also Taiwan!) but it is better in those aspects compared to other countries in SE Asia.
It’s kinda the reputation Malaysia has here: unsafe and corrupt. Like there’s a lot of robberies there.

Then again, people here consider every country out there unsafe, except for those with a similar crime level as us (Japan, Singapore, Korea etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 11:03 AM

1,998 posts, read 1,191,405 times
The Muslims managed to get the beer festival canceled in KL...worries of rape and free sex, as if paid sex would be OK. Then, they arrested three Malaysians mainly with ISIS in Syria, for plotting to bomb the cancelled festival. They had been testing IEDs with a 30 meter radius zone of destruction. Besides that small item not being mentioned on the US MSM, beer is way over priced in KL..so yes, it is screened up, big time. Pay 10 US for a beer and get blown to bits.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:04 PM

6,312 posts, read 6,969,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Chinese population. Yeah, I've heard mixed. I think the long-standing Chinese communities might be trying to get out (to Australia, USA, etc.) But, on the other hand, newly arriving Mainland Chinese are buying up condos left and right throughout Johor Bahru, Penang, KL, etc.
It's ore like the working class and student Chinese face a lot of obstacles. As someone else mentioned, Malays get all the beneficial treatment...it's essentially affirmative action run amok. There is a real issue of brain drain and millennial Chinese fleeing the country for greater opportunities in Singapore as well as much of the developed world. My relatives that have chosen to stay do so out of loyalty and a commitment to fight for justice, which at times seems foolish and pointless.

I'll add that the Chinese, on the other hand, do benefit from having community that has seen much business success and carries a sense of loyalty to helping our own. It is mainly the Indian community that struggles as they are generally at the bottom of the totem pole both economically and politically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I am under the impression that Malaysia is extremely unsafe and extremely corrupt.
It depends. I can't speak with authority as I only visit for a few weeks at a time, but I've never had any issues (knock on wood). However I did hear things got very bad in KL several years ago, and when I was there for a week (two trips ago) I did not venture out into the city. My last trip last year however I did spend a lot of time in the city with no problems.

Old 10-19-2017, 05:37 PM

4,857 posts, read 3,382,404 times
I've heard there are some minor hassles inflicted on non Muslim citizens. For instance Chinese women doing business in government offices have been turned away since they were not compliant with dress codes. They were told to come back with head scarves and clothes that totally covered their arms and legs.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:10 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,159,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I've heard there are some minor hassles inflicted on non Muslim citizens. For instance Chinese women doing business in government offices have been turned away since they were not compliant with dress codes. They were told to come back with head scarves and clothes that totally covered their arms and legs.
I'm sure they must interview in corporate attire without the scarves....that being said, I'm sure what you said happens. Must be a big mix of different bosses, corporate cultures, different styles and expectations...as there would be in any multicultural society. All with different expectations.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:55 AM

4,852 posts, read 8,992,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
yeah, no wonder neither the African Americans (13%) nor Hispanic Americans (17%) have any voice politically in the USA. Nobody cares about them, or even talk about them.
Catholics make up a quarter of Americans. But a majority of Congress (in both parties) and Supreme Court justices are Catholic. Talk about disproportionate influence.

Old 10-22-2017, 03:42 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,260,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Catholics make up a quarter of Americans. But a majority of Congress (in both parties) and Supreme Court justices are Catholic. Talk about disproportionate influence.
really? I remember the US had only one Catholic president.
But whatever. I am atheist. I don't care the proportion of Catholic/protestants. They mean nothing.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:27 AM

7 posts, read 2,390 times
I recently heard on the news of a country deporting it's Chinese population of Muslims, violating international law, that country was Malaysia.

I still don't get what whoever made this thread was heated about? Islam exists in Malaysia and he/she is complaining, but about what and how trustworthy is a country who takes in refugees then deports/exiles a specific population of people, because China wanted them back.

I think the fact that 40% of a country is Muslim is the complaint as certainly no knowledge of the legal workings of the religious institution of Islam or the country of Malaysia, who is no victim.

Last edited by Eberim; 11-20-2017 at 11:49 AM..

Old 11-20-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
How sustainable is that?

It seems unjust to throw a Muslim woman in prison for example, for going to a hotel with a non-Muslim; but than nothing like that exists at all for the other 40% who aren't Malay and Muslim?

How does a society continue to find those inconsistencies just? And how do moderate or modern Malaysian Muslims accept it?

How long can this last? And as the two continue to separate, where do you think the country can go with that?

1. You offered no proof this even happened.

2. If you did here it it sounds made up. What was her name? Does she exist?

3. Maybe you should redirect your interests to the crises of the 6 Chinese Muslims persecuted and exiled from Malaysia quite recently.

You are crying about a woman with no name going to a jail with no name according to a law you didn't prove exists, so might not.

Despite what you think, it is innapropriate of a Muslim woman or man to go to a hotel room with any member of the opposite sex of any religion including Islam and religion would be of no consequence as adultery is adultery, if even the case.

I personally know of no legal punishment for simply being alone with a woman or man not your spouse, it is just not recommended as it is believed Shaitan will be the third member of the group, and temptation inevitable.

Your crying lacks the subject matter required to be taken seriously.

In light of Malysias treatment of Muslims, it's hardly worth discussing. I don't believe it happened that a woman got 6 mos for simply being in the presence of a man not her husband, and his religion would not change anything about legality or punishment.

It seems you made a thread that had little point but to insult Islam and pat yourself on the back and exclaim your displeasure at Islam via feigning shock at a hypothetical situation and a non existent law.

Last edited by Eberim; 11-20-2017 at 11:47 AM..

Old 11-20-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
The Muslims managed to get the beer festival canceled in KL...worries of rape and free sex, as if paid sex would be OK. Then, they arrested three Malaysians mainly with ISIS in Syria, for plotting to bomb the cancelled festival. They had been testing IEDs with a 30 meter radius zone of destruction. Besides that small item not being mentioned on the US MSM, beer is way over priced in KL..so yes, it is screened up, big time. Pay 10 US for a beer and get blown to bits.
"The Muslims?"

Are you accusing a specific number of people or all Muslims in Malaysia?

You know alcohol is forbidden in Islam, right? I doubt anyone stated "rape and free sex" which would mean freely with anyone as drunk people are known to do, and not free as in without paying, but those are good reasons for why alcohol is bad, it does actually lead to those things and daily across the world.

So you have prostitution in mind and not who may or may not have explained some reasons alcohol is bad.

Bomb a cancelled festival?

So you are trying to say they got the thing cancelled so they could bomb it but got caught?

And you don't see anything wrong with that?

And you also have blown up people on the brain as you yourself said the alleged plotters were caught, which reeks of government staging of a 'successful' thwarting.

Because if it was cancelled what is the point of bombing it?

Why do Islamophobes permeate the internet with pseudo facts and the belief that all is as you (important as you must be) have been told by all sources so long as they appear to portray Islam negatively?

As if the various allied world powers in charge of the various nations do not currently have a reason to lie about the enemy of those who wish to enslave humanity, the average Muslim, whose nations they have been oppressing for a century at least, as if Malaysia isn't a part of what every nation is?

Do you not get your contempt is irrational, that not ISIS has zero relation to Islam other than the claim otherwise and kills mostly Muslims?

Obviously they are not working for Muslim interests and are a tool of fear in Western hands, under western control, and useful to American Israeli interests.

Syria is a hop from Israel, yet these supposed anti Zionists don't go there other than for medical treatment?

We supported the Mujihadeen, in Afghanistan, because letting Russia annex an opium producing soil bearing nation after losing Vietnam with it's poppies was out of the question.

Ever since the invasion heroin use, production and availability has skyrocketed because the only important thing in Afghanistan is the poppy plant they then turn into heroin. America turned Afghanistan into a narco state, a Mid East Columbia.

Kind of makes your little beef about Muslim marriages seem irrelevant, misunderstood as it is. But you have to prove 6 mos was handed out for this hotel meeting, and you have nothing anyway.

Bored much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or