U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 03:27 PM

597 posts, read 352,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I am under the impression that Malaysia is extremely unsafe and extremely corrupt.
Have you been there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 03:31 PM

597 posts, read 352,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Itís kinda the reputation Malaysia has here: unsafe and corrupt. Like thereís a lot of robberies there.

Then again, people here consider every country out there unsafe, except for those with a similar crime level as us (Japan, Singapore, Korea etc.)
Who is us? Japan and Singapore are safer, with a lower crime rate, than almost anywhere.
And if you are talking about USA, we felt safer recently in China than we have ever felt at home in Australia, or in the US or in England.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:39 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,159,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberim View Post
1. You offered no proof this even happened.
If you do a quick google search, you'll see 1000s of articles.

Here is one from the 10,000+ out there:

Malaysian police arrest 52 unmarried Muslim couples for being alone in hotel rooms | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-21-2017, 10:25 AM

6,773 posts, read 5,121,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
Have you been there?
No. That's why I said "impression".

Quote:
Who is us?
You can check my profile.

Quote:
we felt safer recently in China than we have ever felt at home in Australia, or in the US or in England.
Good for you.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:57 PM

7 posts, read 2,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post

Malaysian police arrest 52 unmarried Muslim couples for being alone in hotel rooms | Daily Mail Online
Thousands of articles about what?

A claim that a law approved by the Malaysian constitution that applies only to Muslims was enforced?

This is shocking? They knowingly broke a law and will likely get a slap on the wrist.

Sharia is approved by the Malaysian constitution as a sort of state law, if you have a beef get them a lawyer, you act surprised that men and women aren't supposed to be alone before marriage, it's an old world custom and exists for good reason.

I don't agree with arresting anyone, but I see no proof it happened, no names, photos, nothing.

I also addressed some issues re: the scenario of planning to bomb a cancelled (by Muslims?) festival, which if true makes them (unwitting?) heroes.

Lives were saved by the cancellation you say Muslims were responsible for and you complain because people had to miss a day of drunken disorder?

Wow.

Last edited by Eberim; 11-21-2017 at 10:15 PM..

Old 11-21-2017, 10:07 PM

7 posts, read 2,390 times
Quote:

Your strange article is unconvincing, and seems purposed as a segway to the complaints of Christians over a Catholic paper using the Arabic word for God.

I really am not convinced this is true, who ratted out the 52 couples?

Seems rather far fetched and from a not so credible source, of thousands you selected on with no proof, just a few words from people I don't have a reason to trust.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
A claim that a law approved by the Malaysian constitution that applies only to Muslims was enforced?

This is shocking?
It's not shocking. It's a discussion.

Your emotional reactions are the ones that are high, shocked, disgusted, accusatory.

On my side, it is simply a curiosity, no more.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Your strange article is unconvincing, and seems purposed as a segway to the complaints of Christians over a Catholic paper using the Arabic word for God.

I really am not convinced this is true, who ratted out the 52 couples?

Seems rather far fetched and from a not so credible source, of thousands you selected on with no proof, just a few words from people I don't have a reason to trust.
Just google search....if you google search in English, there are a ton of stories. I just chose one.

It's rather pointless for me to google search 1 of the other 10,000; so you can show more disbelief, shock, disgust; and go through a cycle.

If you google search, and come back from a 'discussion' point-of-view, or informative one. It would be more interesting than the denial and angry reaction.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 11-22-2017 at 07:01 AM..

Old 11-22-2017, 03:11 PM

4,515 posts, read 3,097,762 times
Quote:
It's not shocking. It's a discussion.

Your emotional reactions are the ones that are high, shocked, disgusted, accusatory.

On my side, it is simply a curiosity, no more.
This is why malaysia needs to go back to it mahaphit roots and put garuda in its flag like indonesia. replace the cresent with garuda.

Sharia does not belong southeast asia. It only makes things worse. Look what happened to Iran, afghanistan, baluchistan, and sindh. the battle of nahvand was a tradegy for asia.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:59 PM

2,845 posts, read 3,936,219 times
Tiger Beer

It looks like some UMNOtards are spamming your thread. Too bad. Some of them get paid to go onto social media sites and discussion forums to defend the corrupt UMNO administration lead by Najib 'Thief-in-Chief' Razak.

FWIW, I spent 17 years living in Malaysia, amongst the Malays. Nice people individually, but collectively they are bringing themselves down with their low esteem and attempts to raise themselves up by pulling down the other races.

For example, some Malays go berserk about the 'Allah' issue. Even though 'Allah' is the Arabic name for God, and non-Muslims all over the world use the name 'Allah' (even in Saudi Arabia) Malays want the government to ban non-Muslims in Malaysia from using the name 'Allah'. Why? Because the Malay berserkers say that it will cause their fellow Muslims to get confused and convert out of Islam. Duh. If Muslims are that dull and weak in their faith, then I doubt they were true adherents to Islam anyway.

I agree with Dangerous-Boy. Shariah law is backward and was meant for 7th Century Arabia, which is what Islam is basically: 7th Century Arabic culture fossilized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or