U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 09:31 PM

1,020 posts, read 896,207 times

Advertisements

Hey 415_s2k, you haven't gone back to Phoenix forum. There's so many good suggestions for you there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 12:48 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,154,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
landed in denpasar a couple hours ago, i'll let you know what i think :d
yes!

Old 01-08-2019, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Denpasar is the provincial capital of Bali not very attractive compared to Kuta,Seminyak, Legian etc. This is due to the large number of foreign tourists in this place compared to Denpasar. I yesterday celebrated the closing of the year in Bali, this was really crazy, too free with nightlife especially tons of bule/white (aussie,american, british, russian, german etc.)
one of the places that I go yesterday initially only wanted to take pictures in the legian monument but along the way in the cafe / bar full of white there were those who drink, dance,kissing between them. Lol
Those videos/parties that you went to..that is KUTA. Those are about 95% Australians. Remember the Bali Bombings, those were almost all Australians that died. Sure, you have others around too, but the mass majority are Australians.

I've also been in those bars as well, and they are mostly Australians of around 18-25 years old....they treat Bali like 'Spring Break' or 'Get really drunk and do crazy stuff' mentality. It's really not fun, unless you are of around the same mindset and age range.

People who are older than 25 search out the more quiet beach bars/restaurants in Seminyak or Legian or elsewhere on the Island.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:00 AM

480 posts, read 190,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
North Bali: I went to Singaraja and Lovina last year. Lovina was 'alright' but quite small. It just felt like a small tiny slice of South Bali with just enough western amenities - restaurants, bars, beach, temples - that attracted retired predominately Australians. Nice little place though.

Singaraja was the biggest city up there. Not that fun to walk around. Broken sidewalks everywhere, not much to walk around and see. A very functional type of place with very little to offer.

That being said, I'd like to explore more of all of the Island of Bali.
I never knew they were Australian or not really surprised to see them all drinkers, drunk while at a bar or cafe and as if Bali was theirs and they were not polite to the local culture even kissing in public ... even when New Year's yesterday my frends of invited me hang out to a 3rd floored building in other place in kuta and our goal is just to observe how the nightlife in Kuta was more surprised to me on floors 1, 2, 3 crowded with white ( man and womens ) their party , drunk and not care with each other .this situation is very different from jakarta

Old 01-08-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I've also been in those bars as well, and they are mostly Australians of around 18-25 years old....they treat Bali like 'Spring Break' or 'Get really drunk and do crazy stuff' mentality. It's really not fun, unless you are of around the same mindset and age range.

People who are older than 25 search out the more quiet beach bars/restaurants in Seminyak or Legian or elsewhere on the Island.
Lucky they did it in Bali
if they do it in Aceh, of course they are Stoned

yeah at night at 10:00 p.m. legian kuta street, cafe,bar, restaurant was very crowded by visitors, yesterday the closing of the year there was a fireworks display in my legian and some friends passed by there to take photos at legian monument I saw a lot of white bogan drunk shouting, incidentally there I walk past and together several girls from jakarta,surabaya, bandung who happened they to be on holiday and walked through there and their goal is the same as like we are want to see and photo in the legian monument, we bump a white bogan drunk then the white bogan chased after these girls and the funny thing was the girls ran scared and and never returned to that place

Old 01-08-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Lucky they did it in Bali
if they do it in Aceh, of course they are Stoned

yeah at night at 10:00 p.m. legian kuta street, cafe,bar, restaurant was very crowded by visitors, yesterday the closing of the year there was a fireworks display in my legian and some friends passed by there to take photos at legian monument I saw a lot of white bogan drunk shouting, incidentally there I walk past and together several girls from jakarta,surabaya, bandung who happened they to be on holiday and walked through there and their goal is the same as like we are want to see and photo in the legian monument, we bump a white bogan drunk then the white bogan chased after these girls and the funny thing was the girls ran scared and and never returned to that place
Yeah, that is 18-year-old Bogan/Aussie behavior, in a nutshell. I've been to Kuta a few times, and always see drunk Aussies who lose their shirts, looking for a fight, and stumbling around incoherent to where they are at.

There are many bules (white people) who have no interest in setting foot in Bali/Kuta after seeing the young Aussie/Bogan behavior...PLUS the behavior of the touts/taxis/etc that hound and harass foreigners trying to get them to buy souvineers while on the beach or just walking down the streets.

Bali is a fantastic place to visually see...not a great place to experience because of having to deal with Bogan (aussie slang for 'redneck') behavior or dealing with local touts.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that is 18-year-old Bogan/Aussie behavior, in a nutshell. I've been to Kuta a few times, and always see drunk Aussies who lose their shirts, looking for a fight, and stumbling around incoherent to where they are at.

There are many bules (white people) who have no interest in setting foot in Bali/Kuta after seeing the young Aussie/Bogan behavior...PLUS the behavior of the touts/taxis/etc that hound and harass foreigners trying to get them to buy souvineers while on the beach or just walking down the streets.

Bali is a fantastic place to visually see...not a great place to experience because of having to deal with Bogan (aussie slang for 'redneck') behavior or dealing with local touts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4sbf7IDMac
seeing this video they look wild and crazy, indeed most aussie and I know many foreigners (bule/white) hate and don't want to join them in Bali.
white bogans / aussie came to Bali making the place like theirs and not polite with local culture. Bali is interesting for bogans because of the very free nightlife they can do whatever they want like drink, get drunk, fight etc.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:42 AM

Quote:
white bogans / aussie came to Bali making the place like theirs and not polite with local culture. Bali is interesting for bogans because of the very free nightlife they can do whatever they want like drink, get drunk, fight etc.
They do the same in Australia (same behavior), but bars/nightlife close much earlier, and costs about 5 times the price.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
They do the same in Australia (same behavior), but bars/nightlife close much earlier, and costs about 5 times the price.
all that you write is true. and they are trash rude in other people's countries and assume that Bali is theirs and don't care about others , btw I once read Australia was founded by prisoners sent from england, maybe most of the aussie now is from the offspring
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or