U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 11:25 AM

4,665 posts, read 2,642,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenehaven View Post
Welcome to City - Data Tortellini

link to the main island chain:
Ulleungdo, day 2

Please KEEP these group of islands & fisheries safe ...

ROC -
Iím assuming thatís written by you? Pretty good. Looks like a really interesting place. I have a friend who lives on one of the outer small islands of Japan and he loves it. That link reminded me of his pictures and stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 05:17 PM

4,689 posts, read 3,616,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm not Japanese or Korean, so none of my business. As long as Americans aren't dragged into it, none of our business
I wish more Americans are like you. Dokdo is korean and the diaoyus are Chinese.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:26 AM

149 posts, read 137,270 times
Arrow ROC = Republic of China / Taiwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Iím assuming thatís written by you? Pretty good. Looks like a really interesting place. I have a friend who lives on one of the outer small islands of Japan and he loves it. That link reminded me of his pictures and stories.
Was in Korea last year - but not this island ... Googled that nice link that reminded me of my time in Papua New Guinea when they declared independence from Australia back in the '70s

Old 11-12-2017, 11:20 AM

361 posts, read 228,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Japan.

Those other countries never gave a toss about those rocks until, surprise, potentially valuable mineral reserves were discovered.

Then predictably those countries used the old "Japanese war mongers 'never' apologized" mantra to try and sway world public opinion against Japan.
Wrong bro. Japan's government has a rap sheet of BS-ing and lying/whitewashing their history.

You mean to say that Japan never gave a toss about Dokdo, until Japanese scientist discovered that there is frozen fuel beneath the sea floor surrounding Dokdo? Or the fact that there is plenty of fish and seafood that can be cultivated in waters around Dokdo?

Dokdo is more close to UlleungDo island.

Shame on the Shimane prefecture government for making phony/fraudulent holidays such as 'takeshima day'.

You're either a Japanese national who grew up brainwashed by the education that was taught to you by your lying government. Or you're just an ignorant white gaijin who favors Japan (lots of these I've came across).

Old 11-12-2017, 01:30 PM

4,520 posts, read 3,102,568 times
United states

Old 11-13-2017, 01:42 PM

361 posts, read 228,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
United states
^^ No way. The US military already owns and mis-uses some of the land in S. Korea (i.e. Camp Carroll near Daegu...dumped chemicals into the water system and nearby streams).

Old 12-02-2017, 01:39 AM

102 posts, read 48,593 times
Japan has territorial disputes with all neighbours. Russia, Korea, China and Taiwan.

It also has historical issues such as Comfort women with Korea, China, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Burma, Indonesia, The Netherlands etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or