Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2018, 07:26 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,626,440 times

Advertisements

Hey all! Thanks so much to those being extremely helpful in my last thread about Japan and my Shanghai thread, I definitely appreciate it tremendously.

This time around I would like to know where are the base places to get a nice run in Tokyo? I am not sure where we will be staying but it'll either be very close to the center/downtown areas of Tokyo or maybe a little further out into more residential/suburban areas close to Tokyo. Heck, I MAY even stay in a Tokyo housing projects! Coming from NYC and living in some of the housing projects here and staying in a housing projects in Chicago, I doubt Tokyo's housing projects won't be nearly as bad. I COULD be wrong but either way I am intrigued to compare. I DIGRESS THOUGH.

My girlfriend and I are avid runners and on our two week stay we MUST get in a run. We would prefer to run in a park or in areas where there isn't so much human traffic or where many other runners are. We both refuse to run in really busy district type areas. Just can't do it unless our lives depended on it or we're trying to evade police or Yakuza .

I have looked up some parks that look good to run so they are on my list BUT I want YOUR personal opinions if any runners or anyone who simply knows of good places to run.

We also plan to take a trip to Hakone or Kamakura so again, any good places to run, please let me know. We definitely would run a trail or hiking area of some kind, so that's excellent.

Thanks again everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 07:27 AM

972 posts, read 538,284 times
In Tokyo, I'd suggest Yoyogi Park in Shibuya.

There must be some great trail running in Hakone and Kamakura, but I don't know of any specific places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia