Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2017, 04:02 AM

1 posts, read 348 times

Advertisements

It was a Tuesday morning and I was exhausted and had to have some coffee. I went over to the sink to fill up a quart size water contained to place in the coffee maker. I then looked for my favorite coffee minas but could not find one so I placed some plain flavored coffee in the coffee maker. I knew this would not be a good day. I then turned the coffee maker on but no power. Yes, this would definitely not be a good day.

I followed the coffee maker cord to the the power strip and then to the wall outlet. All was plugged in and looked like it was in the on position. I took the coffeemaker plug from the outlet strip and plugged it directly in the outlet but still no light at the coffee maker. I then plugged it into another outlet and still no light at the coffeemaker. I wanted my coffee!

I then went to the cabinets to look for a coffee pot. I had one from years previously but had not used it in some time. I looked on the top shelf and it was not there either. So, I decided to just use a regular pot. I did manage to find a medium size pot so I brought it to the faucet and filled it up and walked it over to the stove. I placed the coffee flavored pouch in the pot and waited several minutes for it to boil and then turned off the stove.

I took a wooden spoon and swishes it around a few times in the pot and the pouch burst open. There were coffee bean bits all over in the boiling water. I guess the pouch was not made for boiling hot water from a stove and only to take the heated water in a coffee maker. I then looked went through my cabinet and found another pot and also looked from a strainer in one of the kitchen drawers. I would strain the coffee with grains through the strainer into the other pot. Afterwards just sweeten to taste, and now you should have delicious coffee. Not Minas, but with a little imagination just as good when you need your coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia