U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 11:39 AM

13,684 posts, read 8,589,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Nonsense.
In 1979 Iranians were excited about the possibility of an Islamic State, and about getting rid of The Shah. They succeeded, and their experiment is now a failure, having generated a regime that endangers the world while failing to serve its own population.

Regardless of the news, liberal's always break into their Nation Anthem, "My Country's Always Wrong"..........

Old 12-31-2017, 12:01 PM

9,629 posts, read 2,663,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Nonsense.
In 1979 Iranians were excited about the possibility of an Islamic State, and about getting rid of The Shah. They succeeded, and their experiment is now a failure, having generated a regime that endangers the world while failing to serve its own population.

Regardless of the news, liberal's always break into their Nation Anthem, "My Country's Always Wrong"..........
I’m not a liberal but you should look up the terrorists organizations that the US and Saudi Arabia have propped up that have endangered the world only to bring Iran to its knees.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:13 PM

4,431 posts, read 1,679,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Yeah, because the current Iranian government is so kind and benevolent to its people. They're warming the iron fist now, just wait and see. The blame America first crowd will somehow twist the impending slaughter to be America's fault.

BTW, every Iranian-American comment I see on FB is begging for more US support for the protesters. They have seen that crsp regime up close and personal. They know better than all of us keyboard jockeys.
How do you know all this about Iran? Do you have sources independent of the media-industrial complex? Which, as this article exemplifies, reports only news that reflects badly on the Iranian government. Apparently FB, right?

Iranian-Americans are, by definition, expats who have left their country because their government is/was inimical to their personal self-interest. Where do you think their sympathies would lie?

My post is not about Iran nor its protesters. It is about the news media's selection of what to reveal to you, and what to ignore. In this case, they reported a government crackdown on protest, but not the fact that protesters had three days to work freely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post

I don't think we're going to send troops into Iran. I'm not going to die for persians. are you?

No Americans died for the Vietnamese, either. They died for the interests of American corporate empires, and their access to Vietnamese markets, resources and cheap labor. In other words, they died because they were lied to. Pastor Weems is apparently still alive.

Last edited by cebuan; 12-31-2017 at 01:32 PM..

Old 12-31-2017, 03:10 PM

4,520 posts, read 3,104,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post

No Americans died for the Vietnamese, either. They died for the interests of American corporate empires, and their access to Vietnamese markets, resources and cheap labor
This part is true. Better than the soviet union though

Old 12-31-2017, 03:21 PM

295 posts, read 238,155 times
Re "America has done nothing good for Iran except for oppressing the people."

Actually, we have done something good for them, or thought we did at the time. We trained their military. I flew with some of their flight trainees in the mid-60s. Most of the were dangerously unskilled.

walessp

Old 12-31-2017, 03:57 PM

6,522 posts, read 7,470,177 times
Quote:
Oh good grief how on earth can we be responsible for this. It’s tough being an American, so many to oppress and just not enough time.

That dealt with I say good for the people of Iran. They have had enough of the stupidity of thier government and they want the freedom much of the rest of the world enjoys. From everything I have read about Iranians they are not really a nation of religious zealots, nor do they really hate the west. We should remember thier history and how developed and sophisticated they really are, and how this government has held thier people back. The Iranians are the heirs to the great Persian empire, a true former superpower. They are nothing like thier backward neighbors to the west in the Arab world. Also we Americans should not forget that Iranians took to the streets in spontaneous memorials for the victims on 9-11 while those in the Arab world celebrated it. We should remember the people of Iran are not our enemy even if thier government is. For the sake of civilization and human rights I hope the Iranians can topple that mid evil regime that has oppressed them for 40 years.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:39 PM

21,370 posts, read 24,120,799 times
Quote:
They’re out of their depth. They think America is so cool because it’s better than Iran (which is definitely true, I’ve been there) and they think if America swoops in they’ll be just like us. Little do they know all America is interested in is silencing Iran so that the Saudis can have the run of the mill. When was the last time the US has done ANYTHING good for Iran. When?

We armed Saddam to kill them, we forced dictators on to them, and now want the backwards Saudis to rule over the Persians as them as their puppet state.

You think they’ll like America then once they see their homes bombed to the ground (like we did in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Kosovo, ALL of Central America, etc.) and a new American friendly dictator?

Honest question, I hope you answer.
You are confusing the current generation of citizens with the extremely religious leadership. The pendulum has swung too far right and they want it to swing back to somewhere closer to center, but still stay to the right of it. They want the freedoms that the West has, but don't want to become assimilated into the American way. America does not want to silence Iran. America wants to them to join the global economy and stop threatening other countries through their proxies. Saudi Arabia wants Iran out of Yemen and for the Yemen war to come to an end. With those items most of the Middle East will calm down. Even though they follow different paths related to Islam, together they can put an end to ISIS and Hezbollah who cause the highest amount of incidents. Once those two are gone, they can work on disbanding the numerous smaller groups.

I don't know who "We" are but it's not the US that placed dictators in place. That award goes to France and Britain that date back to the end of WW1. Outside of Israel and Lebanon, not one Middle Eastern country has had anything close to a democratic election without interference of the current leadership in place.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:25 PM

9,629 posts, read 2,663,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You are confusing the current generation of citizens with the extremely religious leadership. The pendulum has swung too far right and they want it to swing back to somewhere closer to center, but still stay to the right of it. They want the freedoms that the West has, but don't want to become assimilated into the American way. America does not want to silence Iran. America wants to them to join the global economy and stop threatening other countries through their proxies. Saudi Arabia wants Iran out of Yemen and for the Yemen war to come to an end. With those items most of the Middle East will calm down. Even though they follow different paths related to Islam, together they can put an end to ISIS and Hezbollah who cause the highest amount of incidents. Once those two are gone, they can work on disbanding the numerous smaller groups.

I don't know who "We" are but it's not the US that placed dictators in place. That award goes to France and Britain that date back to the end of WW1. Outside of Israel and Lebanon, not one Middle Eastern country has had anything close to a democratic election without interference of the current leadership in place.
I don’t know what these young people think but I know in the 1979 revolution many wanted Iran to be like America and then when The mullahs swooped in they could do nothing.

Once Iran has another revolution you can bet your life The Saudis and the US will place a puppet government where the Saudis rule the Middle East and we the US can now open military bases in Iran. Then all these young people will be ****ed.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:40 PM

2,567 posts, read 1,338,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
How do you know all this about Iran? Do you have sources independent of the media-industrial complex? Which, as this article exemplifies, reports only news that reflects badly on the Iranian government. Apparently FB, right?

Iranian-Americans are, by definition, expats who have left their country because their government is/was inimical to their personal self-interest. Where do you think their sympathies would lie?

My post is not about Iran nor its protesters. It is about the news media's selection of what to reveal to you, and what to ignore. In this case, they reported a government crackdown on protest, but not the fact that protesters had three days to work freely.

No Americans died for the Vietnamese, either. They died for the interests of American corporate empires, and their access to Vietnamese markets, resources and cheap labor. In other words, they died because they were lied to. Pastor Weems is apparently still alive.
Good grief. What tripe. We have Americans who think the "media-industrial complex" (LOL) is withholding the real truth about Iran and that it's much worse than the media is portraying it in order to protect Obama. Then there are Filipinos who believe that the media is ganging up on Iran to make it look worse than the craphole that the current government has turned it into. Jokers to the left of me and jokers to right.

As to your question. I have many close contacts in the Iranian-American community. I get plenty of tidbits that the "media-industrial complex" doesn't pass along. Do you think those protestors are out there risking repercussions because things are great?

Old 12-31-2017, 08:08 PM

3,771 posts, read 2,563,165 times
Yeah, I sorta kind of agree. I really don't know who's actually responsible for this, looking at what the US has done in the past with installing governments in Iran that only push our agenda, I do not put it past our government to stir up trouble to dethrone the government that does not support the US. The Saudis may also be the cause of this, basically forcing the Iranians to give up the fight with them, or It could very well could be that the building resentments among the Iranian people are at a boiling point. It's sad that nothing is at it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia